Lagas Aegean Village
This recently refurbished village style accommodation is near to the airport and one mile outside the town of Kardamena. The walk into town is along a moderately busy road where there is no footpath in places. There is nothing in the way of shops, bars or cafes on the route until you get into Kardamena itself where they are plentiful. A local bus services the route and it stops outside the hotel.
The hotel has its own section of beach across the road and there are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas available here as well as around the pool and they are all in good condition. Free WiFi is available in the public areas and the cost of renting a safe at 10 euros a week is very reasonable. Other reasonably priced options are the ice creams and bottled water should you require them. The animations team work tirelessly to encourage guests to join in various activities without being pushy. Evening bingo, quizzes and musical entertainment are available most evenings.
We have stayed here on a half board basis and although I have stayed at other four star hotels that have a more varied starter and dessert selection of food on their buffet we certainly did not go hungry and the food was of a high standard. The all male waiting staff in the restaurant like the rest of the staff at the hotel are excellent, very polite and professional.
Because the accommodation is set in a hillside the hotel offers a unique 24 hour mini bus service to and from the rooms if required. I was a little dubious about this but there was no reason to have been because it works very well indeed. The accommodation itself is roomy, very clean and well appointed. All the high rooms appear to have a sea view.
All in all our experience has been a very good one and I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagas Aegean Village is a hotel resort located on the golden sandy shores of the south coast of Kos Island, Greece. It's layout and use of space is characteristic of the distinctive Aegean architecture. Built on a slope, every corner offers magnificent views of the endless deep blue Aegean Sea.The main building lounges, restaurants, bars and facilities are located at the bottom of the slope, while all 330 rooms are situated on the hillside, which are accessed by the 24hour complimentary minibus service. It is worth mentioning that the hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Jet2Holidays and LoveHolidays so you can book your Lagas Aegean Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagas Aegean Village Hotel Kardamena
- Hotel Aegean Village
- Aegean Village Kardamena
- Aegean Village Kos
- Lagas Aegean Village Kos/Kardamena