“A Great Place to Stay!”

Lagas Aegean Village
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just got back from a 2 weeks stay here. A good quality hotel with plenty to see and do. The rooms are cleaned and fresh towels provided on a daily basis. The food is of a good standard although the Vegetarian option tends to be the same pasta, salad, rice and vegetables every evening. Maybe a Vegetarian Greek Meze section would be a nice option for the future. I also felt that some of the waiting staff in the restaurant were homophobic as the same level of service was not provided for my partner and I which was given to other heterosexual couples. The bar staff however were excellent, particularly Spiros, Panos and Andraos. The animation team work tirelessly and are an asset to the hotel, Jana, Ada and Eric are worth their weight in gold! The beach is very rocky so not suitable for young families in my opinion...but perfect for a midnight swim or to sit and watch the sun come up at 6.30am! Stunning!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elle1803
Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The good
*Every single member of staff was exceptionally friendly and really went out of their way to help us. From a friendly chat or smile to saving a table in an area we liked at dinner everyday (we didn't even have to ask!)
*Rooms and layout - the most visually pleasing hotel in the town, plus it is well looked after and clean. If you struggle with hills or stairs request a room lower down, but you may miss out on a sea view.
* Location - we wanted a quiet break with the option of finding restaurants and bars. Kardamena is full of lively Brits who want to party - so glad we weren't anywhere near this! Much preferred a 20 minute walk into Kardamena along the coast or a 7 euro taxi or even cheaper, the bus - Aegean Village felt like a different world away.
* On site shop - all the basics you need! We bought the unchilled water for 90c a day and stored in the fridge in our room until we needed a cold drink. No need to pay 2.50 euro for a chilled bottle from the bars.
* Food - delicious everyday! We always went back for seconds!

The not so good
* We booked a sea view room but on arrival we did not get one. We were moved to a sea view without any problems but was a little frustrating to have the inconvenience
* Half board only included breakfast and evening meal without the option to have lunch instead of dinner.
* No wifi in rooms. For me this makes the hotel 3* and not 4*, however I realise hotel classifications massively differ in Europe to the UK
* The Animation Team schedule - the staff in this team were all very good at their jobs, however I feel there was too much going on in the day, especially considering there were mostly couples on the resort. Keep the schedule but maybe revise it or have a day free of entertainment? However, it is not our scene to get involved in the activities and the team were very polite when we turned them down.

Overall, a lovely hotel and would recommend. I would say to the younger groups looking for a more lively atmosphere, you should stay closer to Kardamena - this hotel is mainly aimed at couples or young families. Reading some of the reviews, I think some reviewers are being a little harsh!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank DeathByStereo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Returned from the Aegean Village mid June following our 2 weeks holiday. Cannot fault the hotel in anyway. The food was good, yes it gets repetitive but only if you put everything on your plate each night. There is a good selection you can choose from and the breads and desserts are to die for! The hotel in general is immaculate, the rooms are fantastic & the aircon is good. The hotel grounds are also well kept. We loved the layout of the hotel i.e. being a village feel and the minibus drivers are fab, they soon get to know where to drop you off. The hotel itself is a peaceful 20 minute walk from town but after a large evening meal its quite nice to have a walk, you van always get a taxi back for 7 euros. The hotel staff we found to be very pleasant, you get out what you put in! My partner & I got married at the Traditional House in Kos & the hotel could not have been more helpful...they arranged for the taxi to come to the room, flowers & fruit in our room on arrival & also arranged that friend who was arriving after us was accommodated near to rest of us. We enjoyed this hotel so much we've already booked for our 1st anniversary next year!! We are looking forward to it already.

Room Tip: The higher the rooms, the more amazing the views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank michelleandmomo
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

When me and my two friends booked our holiday we asked for a luxury hotel, where we could relax but somewhere that wasn't too far away from nightlife as we are only in our 20 's! The hotel was stunning don't get me wrong, but it was mostly older People and family's, during the day all you could hear was screaming kids and kept getting splashed repeatedly which really annoyed me! Of course it's not the kids fault, it's just not what we were expecting! The night time entertainment were basically non existent, nothing exciting!

I also found that some of the staff were very rude, the first night we went for dinner, we wanted to sit outside as it was very hot, there were no tables outside, but before we could turn around and go back inside a man who I presume is the manager came over to us and started shouting at us, saying 'there was nothing he could do' about there being no tables outside, we never complained or anything so I don't know why he felt the need to embarrass us like that! I also got dirty looks for resting my foot on the edge of a table in the reception area, the receptionis eventually came over and told me with a frown to get my foot down, I just found some of the staffs attitudes baffling! Some of them were lovely though, not all were rude! Also the prices of drinks were quite high and the snack bar isn't open till 12.30pm and shuts a couple of hours later, so if u were hungry in that space of time you would either have to go to the shop (which only sold crisps, chocolate etc) or get a taxi into town, which wasn't ideal! Had to pay for everything, so much hidden costs!

All in all the hotel was nice, the pool was big, and it was very handy that there was a beach just across the road, the food wasnt bad but it was the same thing every night! The hotel supermarket shop was open until 10pm but it was also very expensive, €2.80 for a large bottle of water, when we went into kardemena you were getting the same sized bottle of water for 50 cent, I know it's just a bottle of water but this is a necessity in the extreme heat so you need to but it throughout the day! Was a bit far away from the centre of kardamena, spent a fortune on taxis! The island of Kos was stunning though, absolutely beautiful!

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a family friendly hotel, but not if you are wanting something a bit more lively.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larissa B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just returned from a two week stay at the aegean village and had a lovely time. This was our second visit to this hotel so were excited to return. We were travelling with my sister and brother in law so prior to leaving we emailed the hotel to ask for rooms next to each and to be higher up the hill. On arrival we were very pleased to find both our requests had been met...I would like to say a big thank you for this as it contributed to a great holiday! Our rooms and views were fabulous.
The hotel and grounds are so clean and our room was always cleaned to a very high standard. I even commented to my boyfriend that I did not know how the cleaners keep it so clean with people traipsing in and out all the time.
The staff work exceptionally hard and most are very pleasant. The one downside was on one particular night we were told by the bar manager (?) That we were not allowed to play cards whilst sitting at the upstairs bar (after playing the night before) due to some rules/law or something. We were a little confused by this as it wasn't like we were playing for money or stop poker or anything. This did make us feel a bit uncomfortable/singled out. If there are rules we will abide by them and would have preferred to have been told at the time if this was the case.
We found the food in the hotel to be very nice - in particular the breakfast choice is brilliant. We enjoyed several nights in kardamena and ate out a couple of times - would highly recommend pegalos!
We also thoroughly enjoyed the Greek night at the hotel and have continued to practise our greek dancing!!
Overall we had a lovely and enjoyable stay at the aegean village and I will continue to recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I recently had a two week holiday at the Aegean Village which was listed as having disabled access. I am disabled and in a wheelchair, if you choose to go to the Aegean Village make sure you take a mobility scooter. There is nowhere in Kardamena to hire one. I only took my manual wheelchair and yes there are ramps to get around the complex, the problem is they are that steep it is not possible to self propel up them. The only way to get up the main driveway is to zig zag. Our room was good at the lower end of the complex and was cleaned on a daily basis but again up hill from the main building. The food is alright as long as you are not a vegetarian like my wife, then the choices become very limited. The staff at the Aegean Village are all friendly and will do anything they can to help. If you go into Kardamena town we only found one restaurant with a ramp for a wheelchair (very steep) this is just as you come into the town on the edge of the beach. Because of the current lack of facilities this Greek Island has to offer for disabled people we won't be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank andrew w
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I had the most amazing time at the hotel! It was so peaceful and relaxing and had everything you could want! Only problem is that men have to wear trousers to dinner which resulted in us having to borrow some. Also the man who owns the place seems to do what he wants when he wants and doesn't seem at all bothered about his customers. Never once did he speak, was rude and snottish! However the staff were fab! And could not fault the amazing view, room and overall hotel!

Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank kejcg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Lakitira Suites
Lakitira Suites
#11 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Lagas Aegean Village? Share your experiences!