“Highly recommended”

Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spent a week here with my daughter in early July, booked at the last minute through Voyage Prive and Olympic Holidays and had a fantastic time. The hotel is really beautiful and spotlessly clean, resembling a traditional Greek village tumbling down the hill. We were in a room near the top of the village so had spectacular views. The walk down was easy and pleasant, I walked up a couple of times, but relied on the very regular minibus that runs 24 hours most of the time. The staff were delightful and friendly, although the reception team are a bit formal. The food was delicious and plentiful with lots of choice and variety to suit all ages and tastes. The pool is very nice, but we spent most of our time on the beach. Other reviews talk about it being rocky, but we found these very easy to avoid and the water was so clear you could watch the fish swimming around you with the naked eye. Sun beds at €3 per day was money well spent. The entertainment team were lovely, aqua gym a highlight! If you join in the holiday spirit of the entertainment you will have a great time. All nationalities represented amongst the guests. Paradise Beach worth a visit. We also had a wonderful 3 Islands cruise. I will definitely go back to this hotel and would also recommend Olympic Holidays who made everything hassle free.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Katy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sierre, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have just come back from 1 week at Lagas Aegean Village. I found this hotel while looking for last minute holiday and was then told that the hotel was really great, which turned out to be very true.

I found all the staff at the hotel to be very professional, welcoming and efficient. I especially liked the fact that one of the receptionist welcomed us when we got off the bus on the day of arrival. They are also there to help you if you have questions or need them.

The rooms are quite big and very clean. I found the bed to be very well and slept well in the room. Just one thing about the air-conditioning: you have to close windows to make it work. The rooms were also very clean. Finally, the view on the sea is absolutely stunning.

The hotel provides a minibus service because it is built on a hill. I only used it 3 times in the week because I was staying on lower rooms. However, I found the system to be very nice and well conducted.

The swimming pool is big and water temperature is very nice. I always found sunbeds available during the day. The beach is not far from the hotel; you just need to cross one road. Sunbeds cost 3 euros and the sea is very clean and clear. This was very beautiful.

The restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner times. However, you can eat cold and hot food for lunch in the Snack bar near the swimming pool. I liked that system because it gives you the freedom to eat wherever you want. I even tasted some Greek specialities at the Snack bar (as well as in the restaurant). However and on a less positive note, I began to find the food a bit unvaried by the end of the holidays, yet it did not prevent me of eating well in the restaurant. That being said, it is to be noticed that the food is good and I would recommend tasting Greek specialities there.

What is also nice about this hotel is its location. It is not far away from Kardamena and from the airport.

I felt very safe there and spent wonderful holidays. I thus would like to thank all staff members and especially the waiters who were absolutely nice. I will come back to this hotel if I go back to Kos and really recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank acka360
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was in Aegean Village Lagas in Kos two weeks ago. The strongest feeling is the amazing image of the location. It looks very well with an authentic old Greek village. For those who had the chance to see Lindos in Rodhos the image of Aegean Village looks familiar.
I have attached few images that could be more suggestive than any word.
Over the position and the architecture the guests will have the opportunity to find a very clean place, very well maintained, very green in a very dry environment, very quiet, with all the utilities that make comfortable the stay inside the village.
If you want to make sport, you have the chance to play tennis, to run around, to walk up to the top of the village, especially if your room is at a higher level, to swim in the pool or in the see. There is a beach right over the road who connect the village with Kardamena, kept also in very good condition by the resort personal, where you can rent an umbrella and sunbed, or you can stay directly on the sand or on the stones. The see is very clear and much quiet comparing with other beaches of the island, and the fishes will accompany you.
The connection with the word is wi-fi only in the lobby, but there is a cable connection in each room.
Don’t expect too much from the restaurant. It should offer the breakfast and the dinner to all the population of this village, so it is very big, noisy, with a lot of peoples carrying plates in all directions, but clean. And about the food, do you expect to a high diversity when is prepared for so many peoples?
The staff of the resort try to be polite, but you should understand is only an Aegean village, and what is important every inconvenience is solved in a certain way.
As a general conclusion, I recommend the place for one quiet holiday, as a pleasant place, with the advantage to be in the middle of the island with easy access to all important places, including the airport.

Room Tip: Over lever 2 wonderful view over the see
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DanG04
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks with my boyfriend and another couple. The pool and facilities at this hotel are excellent however many other areas need work!

The food is honestly not good at all, the chef's favourite ingredient seems to be oil as it is in every dish on the menu, with an extra special helping on top of the nightly soup.

Another negative side is how far away the hotel is from bar street and the centre, the cost of the taxi is €7 which is a lot considering it is not that far but is far enough to not want to walk it, it took us 25-30 mins to walk it in the hot weather.

Some of the staff are very moody and miserable however we did not let this bother us and it became quite a joke. The manager is quiet rude and was very obnoxious.

The positives would be how clean the hotel was, the maids do an amazing job and for that I say a huge thank you! The animation team also do a very good job and have a lot to offer throughout the day and night with mini golf, volley ball, water polo ect. In the nights they always put on some entertainment, the Greek night was good with people hired in however you should get there early as seats go quick!

I would defiantly recommend hiring a car and not from the hotel as they cost a lot more, there is a shop on the corner as you come past the supermarket, there is a lady called Katerina who rents cars out and is very reliable and good value for money.

Overall i enjoyed my holiday and made a lot of nice memories with friends, however I wouldn't come here again because of the food, staff and location.

Ps if you go to Kos town for the day/night then DO NOT eat in a restaurant on Kos harbour called Sifis, we were given raw chicken and still had to pay, discussing!! Very rude manager do not waste your money

• Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Charl12341234
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just spent 11nights in this Hotel. Built on the side of a hill but that was no problem as shuttle bus runs 24hrs day 7 days a week. Good location as you can walk or catch a bus to the resort centre. Lots going on in the hotel. Animation team brilliant. Worked very hard but not pushy which resulted in more people participating. Some nights entertainment at pool bar others in Disco. I am a 70 yr old pensioner travelling alone but that was no problem. The staff were always helpful in every way. Had a fantastic time and would recommend this hotel no problem. Just one minus and that was the food. For me not enough choice and a bit repetative but I still managed to gain a few pounds!! Overall a very good holiday, and of course the weather was fantastic!!

Room Tip: Cant give a tip
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank mildred1943
Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just got back from a 2 weeks stay here. A good quality hotel with plenty to see and do. The rooms are cleaned and fresh towels provided on a daily basis. The food is of a good standard although the Vegetarian option tends to be the same pasta, salad, rice and vegetables every evening. Maybe a Vegetarian Greek Meze section would be a nice option for the future. I also felt that some of the waiting staff in the restaurant were homophobic as the same level of service was not provided for my partner and I which was given to other heterosexual couples. The bar staff however were excellent, particularly Spiros, Panos and Andraos. The animation team work tirelessly and are an asset to the hotel, Jana, Ada and Eric are worth their weight in gold! The beach is very rocky so not suitable for young families in my opinion...but perfect for a midnight swim or to sit and watch the sun come up at 6.30am! Stunning!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elle1803
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The good
*Every single member of staff was exceptionally friendly and really went out of their way to help us. From a friendly chat or smile to saving a table in an area we liked at dinner everyday (we didn't even have to ask!)
*Rooms and layout - the most visually pleasing hotel in the town, plus it is well looked after and clean. If you struggle with hills or stairs request a room lower down, but you may miss out on a sea view.
* Location - we wanted a quiet break with the option of finding restaurants and bars. Kardamena is full of lively Brits who want to party - so glad we weren't anywhere near this! Much preferred a 20 minute walk into Kardamena along the coast or a 7 euro taxi or even cheaper, the bus - Aegean Village felt like a different world away.
* On site shop - all the basics you need! We bought the unchilled water for 90c a day and stored in the fridge in our room until we needed a cold drink. No need to pay 2.50 euro for a chilled bottle from the bars.
* Food - delicious everyday! We always went back for seconds!

The not so good
* We booked a sea view room but on arrival we did not get one. We were moved to a sea view without any problems but was a little frustrating to have the inconvenience
* Half board only included breakfast and evening meal without the option to have lunch instead of dinner.
* No wifi in rooms. For me this makes the hotel 3* and not 4*, however I realise hotel classifications massively differ in Europe to the UK
* The Animation Team schedule - the staff in this team were all very good at their jobs, however I feel there was too much going on in the day, especially considering there were mostly couples on the resort. Keep the schedule but maybe revise it or have a day free of entertainment? However, it is not our scene to get involved in the activities and the team were very polite when we turned them down.

Overall, a lovely hotel and would recommend. I would say to the younger groups looking for a more lively atmosphere, you should stay closer to Kardamena - this hotel is mainly aimed at couples or young families. Reading some of the reviews, I think some reviewers are being a little harsh!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends