We have just returned from a lovely relaxing family holiday at this very family friendly resort. This was a good value for money holiday during the school holiday (booked on last minute). The location is great being close to the airport (16 Euros) but you don’t really hear the planes. There was a multinational mix of people. The rooms are exceptionally clean – we stayed in room 628 and had great views out to sea. (you have to take a mini bus up the hill which wasn’t a problem all the drivers were lovely, or its 200 steps - great exercise) The housekeeping was some of the best I have experienced; the team really take pride in their work. Clean towels whenever needed. All of the resort is kept spotless. The pool was perfect for a family; the toilets by the pool were regularly cleaned. Plenty of sun beds – we could pick where we sat. The buffet food was good and a huge variety every day. The animation team worked very hard to keep everyone entertained especially the children. There is a children’s disco every night for 30 minutes which they all seem to love. Free wifi in reception. On site shop reasonable 80cents/water.
Things to Know:
This is not a 5 star hotel (it is advertised in some places as this). It is a nice 4 star hotel. No tea or coffee making facilities in your room. There is no room service, toiletries in the room very poor, no bath robes.
Meal times can be chaotic – sit outside and enjoy the ambience, otherwise given the number of guests it seems like a great big cafeteria inside and very noisy. The waiters – don’t expect a smile and there is a little or no engagement with you.
Take your own beach towels – otherwise they cost 3Euros each to hire/week with a 15Euro deposit per towel . Kids club – just one small room with a tiny telly and few resources. (the animation team are lovely and make the most of what they have)
Lunch time – the pool side cafe is like a motorway service station – self service. The freshly prepared food did look nice. Drink prices varied across the resort. Dinner and Pool side 2Euros for a Coke versus Disco Room 2.30 Euros. Disappointed by this as the disco area was primarily for the children.
The beach – children will not be making lots sand castles...we stayed by the pool where sun beds where free.
The gym was 4Euro’s a day – never saw anyone in there
All in all we had a lovely value for money week away and I came home great tan! and the rooms are like the photos advertised!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagas Aegean Village is a hotel resort located on the golden sandy shores of the south coast of Kos Island, Greece. It's layout and use of space is characteristic of the distinctive Aegean architecture. Built on a slope, every corner offers magnificent views of the endless deep blue Aegean Sea.The main building lounges, restaurants, bars and facilities are located at the bottom of the slope, while all 330 rooms are situated on the hillside, which are accessed by the 24hour complimentary minibus service. It is worth mentioning that the hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Bookgreece.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lagas Aegean Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagas Aegean Village Hotel Kardamena
- Hotel Aegean Village
- Aegean Village Kardamena
- Aegean Village Kos
- Lagas Aegean Village Kos/Kardamena