“hotel overall”

Atlantica Porto Bello Royal
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My overall opinion of this hotel, for us it was wondderful, the people we met, all said the same thing, in the morning you had an army of cleaners, who kept the place spotless.There are no tea making facilities in the room, if you like a cuppa take a kettle, you can pick up tea bags from the restaurant. The italian restaurant is a must, and the Greek restaurant, the hotel has a swimming pool outside each block, so nowhere is crowded, for us we had a great holiday.

Room Tip: Go for a ground floor room, that way you have a swimming pool outside your room.There is no noise wh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian J
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
I am truly grateful that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our two special restaurants.
I would really appreciate having the opportunity to host you again in our hotel.
Please stay connected… find us on Facebook/Twitter/`Pinterest!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

At first glance you would think this hotel has the wow factor as the hotel and surrounding area is really beautiful however that's where it stops.
Considering there are 13 pools at this hotel we saw no more than 10 people in the pools because the water was so cold for the entire week. The indoor pool was no warmer either.
First time ever on a holiday having to queue for evening meal at the main restaurant entrance. lack of co-ordination and organisation from restaurant manager springs to mind. In the main restaurant it appears that its ok for bird to fly around inside nibbling at the poppy seeds on top of the bread and rolls on display alongside birds waiting to pounce on your plate sat on the top of your chair. Twice we were sat eating main meal and plates snatched from under your nose by waitress, so beware if your plate is nearly empty be warned. Food ok nothing to write home about and have had far better at other five star hotels. Pool bar closed two days due to wind and if your thinking you will make the most of your all inclusive drink package that's not going to happen due to two bar staff covering the full hotel bar during the day therefore no waitress service and a fair walk from your room or pool area depending where you sit to the bar area. Hotel rooms clean and comfortable apart from the beds being rock hard, no way is this a five star hotel.
Nudist beach just to the left of the hotel beach ( 5 min walk) didn't bother us but if I had children with me I wouldn't have been happy. WI FI really poor signal in reception. Hotel shop, very sparse, never had any milk ( to make a coffee or tea in your room) in for the full week we were there used the hotel shop next door for magazine and papers. Overall average hotel, five star no way.Wont be visiting again in a hurry.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank couples2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Although I am pleased you found our hotel to be really beautiful, I am disappointed that other facilities were not enough satisfactory for you.
It seems that the weather wasn’t so good that days and you couldn’t really enjoy our pools and other outdoor activities.
I am sorry you didn’t enjoy even our food, which is usually recommended by most of our guests.
Thank you once again for your review, and I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I returned from my amazing holiday a week and a half ago and everyday I wish I could go back! Everything was amazing from the moment we checked in with the very efficient Ross. He really looked after us and made our holiday memorable! The food was great with a lot of variety for buffet meals but make sure to go to the Asian & Fish restaurants, they're great. The cocktails are amazing, I highly recommend them & the service was outstanding from Armen, Yana, Eva, George & Galatios; they're very friendly & look after you well. Overall a great experience with outstanding staff, plenty of pools but the beach was my favourite at a really nice hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank bronwen_sutcliffe

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am truly encouraged and grateful for your review!
On behalf of our working team huge thank you for your compliments.
It was a pleasure to host you in Atlantica Porto Bello Royal Hotel.
Please stay connected… find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We arrived late around 4am but the receptionist was welcoming and helpful and got us checked in super quick. We were in room 157, literally the closest room to the reception desk! At first I wasn't so sure it was a good location, but we found it to be perfect for our needs. Near to the main restaurants and bars, but not too much noise either morning or night.There was a pianist playing most night until 11pm which you can just hear if you're back in your room by then, but we enjoyed this.

The room was a standard double and was fine for two people but could sleep three with an extra bed provided already. The room wasn't massive but I guess you get what you pay for, but as somewhere to sleep and sometimes sit out on the balcony it was fine. We could see the sea from the balcony and could see the sun rise when we were up early enough! Bathroom was fine, wall to wall mirrors so you can see everything!! Shower was nice and powerful although it is a bit like getting pummeled by a sea spray! Other than that the room was cleaned well everyday often coming back to find things made from towels or even clothes! The bed was a little on the hard side but you get used to it.

Although Wi-Fi is only provided in the reception lobby area, as our room was so close we could pick up the signal in our room for a quick check of the net now and then. It gets rather slow from around 6pm when everyone is trying to use it over drinks in the evening, but any other time it was fine.

During our stay we tried many of the different pools. Some are the same depth throughout, some get deeper, some have waterfalls, some have Jacuzzis, some have nets to play games, some have children's slides, and one is even inside of you get a bad day with the weather! You can tell the popular pools as the sun bed quickly disappear, but there were always some free elsewhere. As the day progresses people come and go so there's always time to try them all out, even if you're only there a week. The beach was a short walk further out and was more difficult to get sun bed in the morning, better to try after lunch if you're not an early bird! There are water sports at an extra charge, or peddalows free for 30 mins each day which was fun and a nice extra. The beach was clean but the sea is a little stoney at first, although it gets sandier further out but you still have to watch out for the odd rock here and there!

Food is served in the main restaurant in buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Alternatively you can book the Greek or fish restaurants for lunch, or the Asian or Italian for the evening when you fancy a change. The beach bar also does great sandwiches and toasties during the day. We tried the Asian first which is a set menu with waiter service and found it to be very good. Another night we tried the Italian which was also good but more like being in the buffet, with the only difference really being a quieter area to eat with a few specialty dishes. It's a shame the Greek and fish restaurants or the beach bar are not used in the evening as I'm sure they would prove popular with the beach view.

In the evening there is entertainment. If you go down to the theatre take a drink as there's no bar down there! The animation team were friendly and try to include everyone in the fun and games they put on each day!

I normally pick a hotel away from the airport to avoid any aircraft noise, however thought for a change I would go for the quick transfer instead after our previous holiday transfer time was almost 2 hours! Yes there is noise, generally quiet during the day and busier on change over days in the evenings. You soon get used to it but I was woken on two consecutive mornings from early flights unfortunately.

During our stay we had to use the hotel doctor. He is only there for an hour a day in the morning and I'm not sure what first aid provisions are available outside of his hours, although he is available on call. We saw him on a few occasions and he was helpful and friendly and provided diagnosis and medicine for the issue we were having.

Overall we had a good time and I would recommend the hotel if looking for somewhere in Kos.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 5n0wy
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here on my own for one week at the back end of September 2013. Staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and spacious with fridges and powerful showers. Location great as only 15 mins from airport, it is on flightpath but you get used to it. Restaurants are great, food fresh and plentiful. You would be hard pressed not too find something to eat. Drinks are good too,some branded but mainly local. As I stated earlier I travelled alone but never felt lonely or vulnerable, I am sure the staff made more of an effort because they knew I was alone. The only let down I would say is the lack of somewhere for a bit of a boogie on an evening. The entertainment is stilted and geared towards the elderly, this is fine but need more choice for younger people.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I travelled with my two teenage children with a friend and her two teenagers in July - we had the most amazing holiday ever, the food, the cleanliness, the staff, the ambience, the beautiful sea - all perfect. I can high recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chops5hs
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We choose Porto Bello Royal for my parents 25th wedding anniversary. Ten of us travelled in total, age ranging 10-70 years old.

Pro's- Best selection of food and drink that we have had in an all inclusive. The additional restaurants (unlimited and free) were fantastic, especially the Asian restaurant which not only provided us with a celebratory cake but surprised us with complimentary champagne. The bar staff could not do enough and were extremely friendly. They were up for banter, fuelled by Goda's surprise cocktails. The layout of the hotel meant that it was more like a village with more pools than you could dip your toes in.

Con's- It seemed that the hotel was a marker for the planes coming in to landing. As a young couple we soon became used to this. Older, more cantankerous people may find it irritating. The spa was over-priced, the only domain letting the hotel down, and you could get a better massage on the beach. The evening entertainment (as with many other hotels) had much to be desired. Although the 10 year old in our group wanted to go every night- enjoying it thoroughly!

Visit- 18/8/13- 1/9/13

Room Tip: Try to get a beach side room, the pool was more private and the view looked incredible from the balc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GoldilocksAndBigBear
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.
I am really glad that all your family enjoyed our hotel amenities.
You are absolutely right that Asian restaurant is fantastic- most of our guests agree with that.
We would like to wish your parents, once more, all the best for their 25th wedding anniversary.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again next year!
Please stay connected… find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Lakitira Suites
Lakitira Suites
#10 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Atlantica Porto Bello Royal? Share your experiences!