Atlantica Porto Bello Royal
Lakitira Suites(Kardamena)
Olympia Mare(Kardamena)
Helona Resort(Kardamena)
1,953 results
All reviewsasian restaurantroyal suitegelateriaflight pathbeach barmain restaurantice cream parlourevening entertainmentsalt waterkos airportthomson repindoor poolgreek tavernaopen for lunchporto bellobuffet styleat lunchtime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for a week with my husband and teenage daughter and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Food and drinks
The food was varied and pretty good quality for buffet food. The salads and fruits were pretty good. My daughter and I can be pretty fussy but still managed to find plenty of things to eat. Good selection of drinks available, the only complaint was that the juices weren't that great.
Coffee at breakfast was too strong for me (this is normal everywhere outside of the UK) but the pool bar did lovely cappuccino. We had tea and coffee facilities in our room but didn't use them. Soft drinks and water in the mini fridge was useful.
The ice cream parlour was a nice touch.

Room
We had booked a junior suite but were given a duplex which was a nice surprise, and the second toilet/shower room was really helpful. There wasn't a huge deal or cupboard space which didn't really matter hugely. The room was really spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable.
Hairdryer was pretty average - attached to the wall, not very powerful but have had much worse than this elsewhere.
Most days we had a problem getting back into the room as they key/door stopped working. This was annoying as it took a while to go up to reception and wait for the maintenance person to come. We started trying the key with someone in the room so we could phone up which saved time. Eventually they changed the door part and we didn't have any more problems. The maintenance people did come fairly quickly and were friendly.
We didn't spend a huge amount of time in the room.

The swimming pools were all really clean. We were told the indoor pool was adults only but you rarely saw adults in there, just children. The layout of the pools was brilliant - the hotel was full but nowhere seems crowded.

Sunbeds did get reserved quite early, on our first day we struggled to get three at midday so we just joined everyone else and reserved some on the way to breakfast. It was really annoying to see that some were reserved and weren't used for hours and hours.

This hotel was on the landing path to the airport. This didn't bother us although they did seem to fly throughout the day and night.

The waterpark was great fun and reasonably priced. We didn't go to any evening entertainment other than the terrace. The singer was good for background music (I normally hate things like this) but perhaps a bit loud on the terrace if you wanted a conversation.

You get to know the quickest routes between the room / pools / restaurants / bars but it could be a little walk with several flights of steps.

Beach - we had a look at the beach but didn't spend much time there as we prefer the pools. It was nice to have the option.

The wifi was terrible, almost unusable and required a huge amount of patience. My daughter learned where to go to connect but sometime it took ages and it as was pretty slow even to send a basic quick email to say we arrived and all was OK. There was a computer room with 3 PCs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Blondilocks
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for finding us on Trip Advisor, and taking the time to share your experience from your previous stay at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal.

You have highlighted some of the most important areas of our hotel, and it gives me a great pleasure to know how much you enjoyed the room that we upgraded for you. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for the problem you had with a key. I am glad it was solved immediately.

Thank you once more for your kind review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel was just as described and previously recommended. The rooms were spacious with controllable air conditioning, staff extremely obliging, rep very helpful and food was of a really high quality and frankly delicious. In addition to the main restaurant we tried the Greek, Italian and Asian, the Asian being truly good. We took two trips; an island cruise and a tour of the island both of which exceeded expectation. There were plenty of daytime activities to get involved with but we were on holiday for a complete rest and this is just what we had.

Only disappointment was the lack of evening entertainment. We did watch a couple of the shows put on by the entertainment team and they were quite good but would have appreciated one or two more professional shows.

Overall, a beautiful hotel and a wonderful restful holiday.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back

Room Tip: Our room was near to the beach end and opened onto one of the many pools. The rooms numbered from 500 are nearer to the reception, restaurants etc.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elatom
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share experience from your previous stay with us.

We are really glad that we managed to offer you a "total relaxation" during your holiday, with a high quality and selection of food, and spacious room.

Our aim always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times.

We would like to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend to you our "Atlantica Hospitality", and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I returned from a fabulous holiday at this hotel on 15 July. The whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable . This is the first time we have stayed at this hotel which is set in a beautiful location. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean and the staff can not do enough to help. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The food in the main buffet restaurant is to a very high standard and there is something for everyone and varies each day. The other restaurants are also of a very high standard and make a nice change from dining in the main restaurant. We were spoilt for choice with the list of cocktails although we managed to get through almost all of the list!! We also met a really nice bunch of other guests too who all shared our views of the hotel. It was my birthday during our stay and the hotel even made a beautiful cake for me as a surprise which was a lovely touch. We have stayed in other five star hotels and this hotel is up there with the best of them. Even the singer, who can only be described as average at best, was missed on his night off! My only suggestion would be to perhaps vary the entertainment in the terrace bar but other than that the hotel is perfect. We are just about to book to go back again the same time next year as we loved it that much and we would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Sea or pool view is recommended
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Jayneandfamily_11
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for your kind comments and suggestions.

It is always such a great pleasure to know that our guests are having fabulous holiday with us!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel to offer you our "Atlantica Hospitality" once more.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had such a lovely holiday. This was my first time here however my parents have been 7 times before and now i can see why they keep returning. Not only was the place gorgeous, the staff were too, so friendly. We loved it here so much we are now booking to return in September, I think this says it all. I'm really picky when it comes to cleanliness and yet I couldn't fault it, even the railings throughout were being dusted, which I've never seen before! And to top it off, being a fussy eater, I thought the food was amazing in all restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Rachael d
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us concerning your recent stay at the Atlantica Porto Bello Royal.

It is wonderful to know that you are thinking of returning. We are looking forward to see you again in September.

Please pass on our best regards to your Parents and our hopes to welcome them for the eight time in the near future!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have just returned from a week's stay at the Porto Bello Royal in Kos. I went with my partner and our two friends (we stayed in a Jr Suite and they stayed in a basic twin). Overall it was a very pleasant holiday and one which I would recommend to anyone looking to visit Kos.

Here's the step-by-step breakdown:

Rooms - rooms are basic. We had a Jr Suite which was sold as a living room and bedroom. In effect it is a room with two twin beds adjoined to the double bedroom. It was nice to have the extra space but I did find it odd that there were 2 beds made when it was clear only 2 people were staying in the room - and neither room contained any sort of drawers. This meant that we used the 'livingroom' to hold our suitcases and the other room to sleep.

Our room had a sea view and highly recommend shedding out a bit of extra money for this. Not only was it a gorgeous view to wake up to each morning, but it also meant that you were away from the main resort (2min walk) so it was much quieter.

Pools:
Genius. There are loads of them and they are laid out in a way which makes them all feel empty even though all rooms are in use in the hotel. We used the main pool and the pool by our room (beach) and we at the most 'crowded' times, there were possibly 4 other people in the pool with us. For those of you who don't like kids, it meant that you didn't even notice their existence. It was brilliant.

Beach
Great (though quite rocky so be sure to bring beach shoes). No need to fight for a lounger as everyone is at the pool. The beach bar is nice with good sandwiches and drinks.

All inclusive
So first let me just preface this by saying, if you go to an All Inclusive resort you should not be expecting amazing food. Of all of the AI I've been to I'd probably say the food here was not my favourite (possibly the worst). This does NOT mean it was bad in any way, shape or form. However I did find much of the food a bit too rich for me - saying this they did have a 'diet' section with hot and cold food which I only found at the the end of the holiday. Had I found that previously then it would have been fine. Also the specialty restaurants are limited (only 2 for lunch and 2 for dinner) but the food was far superior than the main restaurant.

Drinks
Fine. I do not like fruity drinks and this seemed to be their forte. However they do have demi sec prosecco on offer all the time (should you like this), beers, cocktails and wine. Wine was hit and miss depending on which bottle you got (I tend to stay with white wine) and they do have brand name alcohol which was a plus (Johnny Walker, etc)

Airport
This is something that should be said. The hotel is right over the flight path (I think most hotels are as the island is small) which meant that you did have planes coming over you quite constantly almost all hours of the day. This didn't bother us as we like to watch planes (and made some fun games out of it), however if you think this sort of noise would bother you then I suggest you look for a hotel on the Kos Town side of the island.

Kardamena Town
Is a hole - meant only for teens and 20yr olds after 10pm. Unless you're going into town for a boat trip skip it and stay at the hotel.

We went to this resort looking for a nice place to spend a girls holiday. And it certainly delivered. The people were friendly, the weather was outstanding, and the hotel, which lacks personality, gave off the impression of a secluded hideaway which helped to make the trip enjoyable!

Room Tip: Anything with a sea view will not disappoint.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sarahwild

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for your kind words regarding your stay at the Atlantica Porto Bello Royal.

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, even if you have found our Diet Corner by the end of your holiday. It would be great to know about your preferences in order to help you with your choices during the meals. If your future plans will bring you back to our hotel, please let us know in advance.

We thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.