“Relaxing holiday, with a few minor problems”

Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My boyfriend and I spent seven nights at the Carda Beach in August, and really enjoyed ourselves, although a few minor issues detracted from the overall experience a little. Our room was clean and airy, although looked out onto a neighbouring block of apartments, so we felt a little overlooked when sitting out on the balcony. The beds were large, but much too firm for my liking. The bathroom was lovely, although the water pressure was hit and miss, switching between freezing cold and boiling hot every few seconds - I think this is commonplace on Greek islands though.

We were really impressed with the food, in particular breakfast and lunch. We didn't have any problems with the temperature, and there was a huge selection on offer. We found the Italian very average, but the Chinese was well worth trying. The house wine and some of the drinks available on all-inclusive weren't particularly nice, but the beer was fantastic.

The pool was lovely, and it was only the last day that we couldn’t get a sun bed. Would also recommend the beach over the road if you want a bit more privacy.

The main issue we had was that we were placed next to what must have been the only two teenagers at the hotel, who made an unbearable amount of noise into the early hours of the morning two night's running. Smashing, shouting and vomiting at 4am doesn’t make for a relaxing night’s sleep...After several complaints to reception (where there is only one night porter unable to leave the front desk) and after requesting a new room (to which we were told there weren’t any) we were informed that the boys’ parents - also staying at the hotel - had been notified about their behaviour. After this they weren’t a problem, but it did put a bit of a downer on the last few days of the holiday and as we were only there for a short while it wasn't ideal.

Overall a quiet, mostly relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GFR2603
George V, Manager at Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear GFR2603

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your neighbours spoiled your holiday. We could have solved this by moving them to another room immediately. Apologies for not being notified. I would have solved the matter on the spot.

Nevertheless, it is nice to hear that you had a good time apart from that incident and that you overall enjoyed your time with us.

--- Just for you information, next year 2014 Carda Beach will be a SENTIDO Adults Only Hotel - We will also have our own Water Park in the premises of SENTIDO Carda Beach so all guests will be occupied sliding down and enjoying themselves.---

All my colleagues join me in wishing you the best and we await for your next stay in our hotel.

Sincerely.

George Vassilopoulos - Hotel Manager - mail: george.vassilopoulos@mikripoli.gr ,
tel: +30 22420 91332

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Me and my fiancé had a wonderful holiday here- very clean, welcoming, helpful, with excellent staff!
The rooms are beautiful- exactly as they are in the pictures- and the whole hotel is better than the pictures provided. The beds are a little hard but that is all
We thoroughly enjoyed our stayed and would def come back!
Strictly adults only- fab
No smoking indoors too- fab!

1  Thank Kim M
George V, Manager at Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Kim M

Thank you for awarding us the highest possible rating for your recent stay.

We are happy to have provided you with an enjoyable experience and to know that our brand concept focusing on quality was so much appreciated by yourself.

As you have mentioned, - ""had a wonderful holiday here- very clean, welcoming, helpful, with excellent staff!"" This is what Carda Beach is all about.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Arrived on 26th sept for a week to find our room wasn't available and they had over booked and we were given a room next door in mikri polis and was told to come back at 9.30 the following morning but we didn't get a room until 2.30 the same day I was really upset we were given a upgrade to a sea view suite with a free late check out wine and fruit Maria on the front desk was polite and professional throughout my ranting and did everything possible to make it up to us the room was clean modern and spacious with breathtaking views to Nissyros all resteraunts were nice my only negative was fresh orange juice was 2 euros and it was all inclusive so a bit strange and the speakers round the pool bar and lobby bar were distorted so need upgrading and the yellow recycle bins by pool bar need moving as they block the lovely view when sunbathing all these things are minor adjustments and I can honestly say we all had the most relaxing break in a lovely hotel and I would recommend carda Beach to anyone wanting adult only

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Wendygre

Dear Wendygre

Thank you for awarding us the highest possible rating for your recent stay.

We are so happy that you reward in such a way the efforts of all our staff in providing a great experience. They all work very hard to do that.

As you have mentioned, - ""we all had the most relaxing break in a lovely hotel and I would recommend carda Beach to anyone wanting adult only "" This is what Carda Beach is all about.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here from the 4th-18th September and had an amazing time. We booked hotel, transfers and flights seperate and it worked out much cheaper than booking a package.
When we arrived it was late at night therefore we were the last to check in and the hotel was full... So the room they had given us was really not up to a good standard as it wasn't usually used. However when we expressed out concerns the next morning we was given an amazing room with a lovely sea view so we was happy that they changed rooms for us quickly and without any fuss.
Rooms are off a good size plenty of wardrobe / drawer space. Nice big double bed with a proper duvet, sheets were changed every couple of days (maybe even everyday couldn't be sure). Bathroom could be abit strange if you was not a couple as it is entirely glass walled and you can see straight into the bathroom however the toilet is seperate so wouldn't be an issue. Air conditioning was good all controlled by ourselves so you can have it any temp.
Food was of a good standard, not as much choice as some other *5 hotels but I think this is down to being a smaller hotel an my boyfriend being a fussy eater. Breakfast had a wide variety of hot food and the usual continental / fruit selection. There was something for everyone. Lunch and dinner had a wide variety of salads, meat, veg, puddings etc and there was generally never the same things for lunch and dinner in one day which was good. Alacarte restaurants you could visit free of charge once per week. The Italian was good however wasn't particularly Italian but was still a nice meal. The Chinese was honestly the best Chinese I have EVER eaten! Would highly recommend!! We arnt big Chinese lovers ever so it really does say something!
Drinks were of quite a good standard however it would have been nicer if they did have Atleast a couple of cocktails on the AI. I only really drink certain spirits so did find myself having the same thing. Although you do hav to pay for cocktails they are only €4 which is pretty cheap!
The pool area was lovely so relaxing and quiet. Played a good mixture of dance music at the pool bar which made a good atmosphere else it would have been silent! Always sunbeds available any time of day. The pool was freeeeezing, however it was very clean and was refreshing once you got in haha! It didn't stop us though as we still went in everyday.
All the staff at the hotel were very friendly, helpful and had a good laugh with all the guests.
We went into Kardamena most evening for a walk and there is so many little shops etc to explore and a wide variety of bars. It is a easy walk and takes around 15mins (slow walking).
Overall this hotel was a perfect place to stay for the holiday we wanted and would definatley return if we was to go back to Kos! We are aged 22 and 25 so would recommend this hotel to other young couples who still want a lively side to the holiday but still want a nice hotel not right on the strip.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MissEKBognorRegis

Dear MissEKBognorRegis

Thank you for awarding us the highest possible rating for your recent stay.

As you have mentioned, - ""Overall this hotel was a perfect place to stay for the holiday.! We are aged 22 and 25 so would recommend this hotel to other young couples who still want a lively side to the holiday but still want a nice hotel not right on the strip. "" This is what Carda Beach can provide.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Just returned from Carda Beach Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The restaurant staff were very efficient, the food was good quality, plenty of choice and replenished frequently. The swimming pools were functional and big enough for swimming lengths and not just shaped for their looks and for dunking in. Only problem was the choice of music at the pool bar, too loud and too manic-not relaxing. At least you can escape from it by going to the beach.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view, though not for the feint hearted as its a bit of a climb.
1  Thank Mair D

Dear Mair D

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback and for awarding us such a high rating for your recent stay.

We are happy to have provided you with an enjoyable experience and to know that our brand concept focusing on quality at a value was so much appreciated by yourself.

All my colleagues join me in wishing you the best and we await your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My Husband and myself have just returned this morning from the carda Beach and to be honest I would not agree with any of the reviews that are negative about the hotel you actually get everything you would possibly want for peace and quiet through to great variety of food the rooms are so spacious you would need to be a family of four not to have enough room, the beach was lovely the sea was spectacular absolutely crystal clear, the staff were very friendly and will always try to accommodate where they can.
The restaurant area was clean very wide variety of food that you cannot be left hungry.

please go ahead and book the holiday if you want a great holiday with a relaxing time and swim in the spacious pool then this is for you
Sue and Dave priced

Room Tip: ~Rooms facing the Sea view are fantastic
2  Thank Susan K

Dear Susan K

Thank you for awarding us the highest possible rating for your recent stay.

We are proud to have a dedicated team of professionals in our team who are all eager to give their best services.

As you have mentioned, - ""Take no notice of the whingers and enjoy a lovely holiday with no kids running round and a Hotel that cares about you. ""

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at Carda Beach in July. We booked a sharing pool suite which was definitely worth extra cost! The room and views were breathtaking! We had a downstairs suite which opened up to the pool and the amazing view. The photographs do not do it justice! I was slightly concerned reading other reviews about the 'hill' to our room however it is really a slight incline which you get used to. Restaurants are booked the day before and it is worth booking them early on in the morning to avoid disappointment! I am a fussy eater and the food was delicious at both restaurants and the buffet, nothing to complain about. We had a late flight and paid an additional cost to keep the room for later on our last day which again was worth it! The sharing pool suites are so private and romantic! I would definitely stay here again :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SLBxo

Dear Sara B

Thank you for awarding us such a high rating for your recent stay with us.

We are happy to have provided you with an enjoyable experience.

tel: +30 22420 91332

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel
#8 of 39 in Kardamena
10 mi away
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel

Been to Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica? Share your experiences!