1,003 results
All reviewsitalian guestsanimation teamgrill housepastaevening entertainmentpool barplenty of sunbedskos townall inclusive drinksminute strollwater poloworked really hardfantastic holidayhotel is spotlessthe air conditioninghotel guestscourtesy bus
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I was a little unsure with this hotel at first as it had only just reopened to British travellers after 8 years. I visited with my mate and we were both really impressed. The pool, the food, the staff, the room and of course the weather were fantastic and we had no complaints. Even the animation team who were Italian did their best to include us in their shows, which were very good and not the kind of thing we'd usually enjoy. All inc drinks are good and the cocktails are particularly strong (in a good way!). The food was excellent and they always had a good Greek choice for those looking to try local cuisine (rather than pizza and chips...). Don't hesitate, just book now!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank James N
Eirini F, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sovereign Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr James,

We would like tou thank you for your helpful opinion on Trip Advisor and we are looking forward seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Arrived home on the 11th June after 2weeks at the Sovereign Beach Hotel.
The reception staff were very efficient at check in and immediately gave us a top floor bedroom when I asked if this was possible. Every time we went to reception the staff were great at understanding English and sorting out any problems like the television not working, changing money,phoning the rep when our bus was late picking us up and coming to rescue us from our balcony when we shut the balcony door behind us and it locked, we had to shout down to friends as they were passing to inform reception that we were stranded on the balcony and we were soon rescued.
The bedroom was lovely 316 with a terrific view of mountains swimming pool and the sea. Housekeeping was very good, our maid did an excellent job. There is a fridge and flat screen TV with BBC world news, Euro news,a film channel in English with foreign subtitles and the odd documentary in English. There were toiletries soap shampoo etc. in the very modern bathroom.
Food we found good with a plenty of choice, soups and salads to start always something cooking fresh on the grill outside, stews and vegetables,chips and potatoes ,carvery with lamb or pork and the pasta station did pasta to die for. There were some delicious sweets and cakes. I can't believe that anybody would not find something that they liked to eat. The restaurant manager was in attendance at every meal, what a pleasant man who speaks perfect English with an American accent ( he has lived in America) he was the one to see when you pick up your packed lunch in the morning (which you have to order before 8pm the night before.
Outside the gardens are very pretty and the pool area lovely.
The pool bar beach bar and main bar serve A.I. Drinks including cocktails beer soft drinks wine and spirits, tea and coffee, we couldn't complain about the drinks or service from all bars well done to all bar staff especially Mil.
Now for our only negative comment ,the entertainment which is very hard to follow unless your Italian,we gave up trying. The animation team are predominantly Italian and some didn't even try to talk to us but some were very sociable and tried there best to speak English like Aliccia who went out of her way to speak every day and was always saying how do we say this in English or what does this mean in English, my husband had a laugh trying to explain what being a guinea pig meant when she tried to get him to join a group of around 15 ladies to have a Japanese face massage. We enjoyed the Greek night with the professional Greek dances and although it didn't spoil our holiday not understanding most of the entertainment it did annoy most of the British guests.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank robbo19

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your helpful and detailed reference on Trip Advisor for Sovereign Beach Hotel and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent a week here two weeks ago on AI package. The hotel itself was lovely and couldn't really complain about anything, rooms and hotel spotless. Excellent room service, towels and beds always made. All food was hot and presented very well with quite a lot of choice (although we did have to eat out a few times, due to our children not being over keen on the food ). My only complaint was a breakfast times, due to having no kettles in the room we were desperate for a Tea and Coffee !!! Most mornings they had either run out of tea bags or Milk and then when it came you were bombarded with rude people that couldn't wait their turn !!!! My main complaint had to be about some of the staff and entertainment team, we were never made to feel welcome, which really ruined our holiday. All entertainment was in Italian and my kids couldn't join in with the children's activities as they were also for Italians. In the evenings after dinner the children played games and danced and my daughter just hung over the side watching them, at no point did any of the team try to include her which was really disappointing and quite upsetting. We tended not to use the bar in the evening as on a few occasions I went to get drinks I was completely ignored and after my drinks were served the bar man put them down the other end of the bar and walked off !!! The pool bar was also the same, it felt like he was doing us a massive favour by serving us ( might add that there were lots of smiles for the Italian guests) the animation team greeted us for every meal, they were lined up either side and you then walked through them, never once did any of them say good morning, the whole thing made us feel really uncomfortable to be honest. Might add that the animation team were a bunch of show offs with bad attitudes. Most of the reception staff were pleasant but seemed to struggle to understand us, Alexandra who I think was a manager could also be quite abrupt and never made us feel welcome. It's such a shame as the hotel is lovely, I would advise British guests to stay somewhere else, there is nothing to cater for English. Kardemena itself is not the best of resorts, quite run down and beaches not great, we hired a car and found some lovely places around Kos with much better beaches,restaurants and bars. All inclusive drinks not great !!! My kids couldn't drink the coke or lemonade and the beer was ok but very frothy and only got 1/4 pint every time. Have to disagree with the last review also, we were there at the time and were told the entertainment couldn't be translated for the British as apparently the Italians pay more than us so it was just for them ??? Did relay this back to our Cosmos rep who was aware of this, but said there was nothing they could do. In all I wouldn't return as we were made to feel uncomfortable there for our week there.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else that caters for British.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marianne K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion. According to your complain abour kettle there is the availability to be sent in the room upon your request in the reception. We would like to apologize for the delay to refill tea bags in the breakfast time. The entetainment team is for English and Italian clients.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was already googling flights back before even leaving! It was always clean and tidy and the food was always good. Every single member of staff was amazingly friendly but for us the holiday was made by the animation team! By the 2nd night we were on first name terms with a few of them and by the 3rd night we had drinks in kardamena town with them! Entertainment is catered for Italians mainly but the atmosphere made it so enjoyable for us even if we had no idea what was being said. We could laugh, clap, sing and dance along regardless of language. They also made such an effort to throw in the odd English so we could try and understand. As we made such an effort to join in, even the other Italian guests would appreciate it and a few of them insisted on saying ciao to us every time we saw them! Absolutely fantastic atmosphere, about 15/20 mins out of town but taxis aren't unreasonable. I would literally get back on a plane and go back now!

Room Tip: The entertainment music finishes at 11 but they often have activities till midnight so possibly try and choose one that isn't overlooking the amphitheater but all rooms are kept extremely clean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank toniireland2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your opinion that you share with our Trip Advisor clients. It would be great to see you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am not one to usually give 5 star reviews, but this hotel went way beyond what I would expect from a Hotel.

We was booked into a Allocation on arrival with Cosmos, although fine for a 2 star we decided to look for something a little better..... Contacted Alexandra via email before and turned up on the day and the Hotel honoured the amazing rate that I had found online many weeks before.

We was told all the amenities the Hotel had to offer from Spa, Towel hire, All inclusive meal and drink times as well as their special a la cart restaurant as long as booked the day before. I could not fault the room at all and the staff from reception, Bar, Dining, Spa and even the House Keeping and Security went well beyond anything we could expect from a 4 star Hotel, We made loads of friends at the hotel and all decided to go to town after the bar was closed and I went to order 3 Taxi's and they offered us the Hotels Minibus Free of Charge to take us to Town ... we ended up with about 18 people and had a great night and My daughter and I were welcomed back in the early hours as if we new guests with the same Hospitality as we received on the first day of arrival. I would sincerely like to offer a special thank Andrea(Barman), Alexandra, (Missarda, sorry for the misspelling) the Night Security Guy (Great bloke) and Mixalina ... and to be honest the whole team...

Even the Animation team that carries out the entertainment that usually only catering for Italians and Russian Guests adapted their show within a few days to cater for us Brits and try to involves us as well (Note this was the first week that the UK has been offered this Hotel since 2006...

5 STAR SERVICE...... almost gushing with the experience..... THANK YOU
P & E (London UK)

Room Tip: Not above the stage unless your a night owl like me as quite loud until midnight.. but hey I like the livelily atmosphere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank chillout2005

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your useful opinion to our Trip Advisor site and we are looking forward seeing you again!