“Great holiday, strange hotel.”

Seva Hotel & Swimming Pool
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed in Kos from August 29th - Sept 5th, with four other girls.

On arrival at Seva we were taken in to the 24 hour bar area and handed two keys, then were pointed in the direction of our rooms. We were given two rooms adjacent to each other, which was nice, as we were worried we'd be separated. It's the first hotel I have ever been to where there is no reception, I think this is a little unusual, and the whole place seemed a bit unorganised. When we arrived in our rooms our initial impression was not good - in my room (the room of three) only two of four lights worked, the bed sheets, towels, shower curtain and walls were stained, the cupboard doors were wobbly and didn't really shut properly and we hardly had any pots or cutlery. A rep came up to us not long after our arrival and we told her about the issues but she didn't seem that bothered and said that they wouldn't think that we'd stained the sheets etc, so we decided not to report the faults and hoped for the best. I have read in previous reviews that some groups have had to pay deposits for their room, but that was not the case with us. Also, luckily for us our air con had been left on, so there was no need for us to spend 30 euros on it - more money for drink! The air con did have a lovely habit of pouring water all over the floor though when it had been on for a while, which was a little concerning.
The cleanliness of the hotel was not good - our sheets and towels weren't changed for the whole week. The pool water had sun cream grease and bits floating in it, and was not seen to be cleaned all week. The indoor pool was unusable due to the water being black (not that I would use an indoor pool on holiday anyway - but still!). I dread to think what the hotel's kitchen was like - I only ever ordered cheese and ham toasties from there to be a bit safer haha.
The staff were alright, if a bit strange. The reps try and rip you off with a 210 euro package for the whole week! DON'T DO IT!! We just paid for the two nights that had free bars, and certainly got our moneys worth in alcohol. I would really recommend the paint party!

Kos itself is a really nice place, all the bar and restaurant staff around the island are really friendly. It's a bit quiet and run down, which is a shame, but you can still have fun! Would recommend Pelagos restaurant, as they provided the best food and service out of everywhere all week. Loustros restaurant do amazing full english breakfasts too. Crossroads Bar was my favourite out of all of Kos' bars, the staff are friendly and loved us by the end of the week! They played all the music we requested, and even invented a new drink named after my friend!

I don't think I would rush back to Kos for a party holiday, as I prefer places that are a little busier, but I had a really good time and would encourage others to go if they haven't been before - but just don't expect it to be like Ibiza! We made lots of friends while we were out there, so it's a great place to meet new people and have a laugh :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank phough1

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my three friends booked this hol for end of August for 7 days. Before coming we were constantly checking trip advisor to see the reviews. We didnt know what to expect after reading so many mixed reviews. When we arrived it was late (10pm) the manager Charlie explained a bit about the hotel, the air con and safe. We put our deposit down for the air con, safe & room deposit which was €30 for room €30 for air con & €10 for safe (we received €30 back at the end of hol). Our rep Fliss then took us to our room and explained briefly about the package holiday. I could even say she mentioned the things she wanted you to hear, for example no mentions of refunds. We told her we had no cash just our euro cards, straight away she said she can ring the office and get them to take some details for the payments. At this point alarm bells were ringing and i kick myself now for not saying anything! We were all charged an extra €20 as they changed our euro money on our card to English money and then changed it back to euro with the current exchange rate for that day!! The reps said it wasn't their fault it was the bank but I rang the bank and they said they do not change the money back! So we were going round in circles. Anyway we tried to get a refund as we realised we had been ripped off but we were told no refunds were allowed.
Please do not get the 18-30s package!!! We regret doing it so much it's €209 an absolute waste of money! The "free bar" may sound good but all the drinks were watered down!
It was structured we felt like school kids on a trip, which actually fits in well because all the other people especially girls seemed under 18!!
The hotel & staff are amazing we got on so well with them! The rooms were a little out dated but the rest was modern. I would stay here again if only it wasn't an 18-30s hotel!!! Great food great people great hotel :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a week in August as it was a cheap self catering deal at the time we booked. I was apprehensive about staying here once I researched in more detail about this hotel and almost every pitching people have pointed out about this hotel is true.

On arrival we were given our keys and shown to our room, we were told we could sort out safety boxes and air conditioning in the morning as we arrived around 3 in the morning. Our room was round the back of the hotel away from the pool area which i was glad about as the hotel has a reputation for its 24/7 bar around the pool area, Inside the room was two single beds, good sized bathroom and a balcony. All very clean and what we expected for a basic self catering package. Although outside there was an electricity pole which was sparking continuously which worried me slightly as a fire hazard.

In the morning we asked for a safety deposit box as I am always unsure leaving belongings in a hotel room, although we were told our rooms box did not work but they could give us one in the reception which we chose not to take up - rooms are very safe we never had any problems (except from the missing towel) ! Air conditioning was barely noticeable at night and definitely not worth paying €50 to get €20 back at the end of the week. We were also visited by one of the reps in our room where she was very helpful and told us all about "club 18-30 packages" which were extremely overpriced but my partner managed to persuade me into signing up for the first nights deal - jungle safari €35 each again very expensive - which was single people's paradise and just definitely not for the only couple of the group !

We took up booking things by ourselves down town in a day trips shop. We booked the waterpark day and the 4 bay cruise. Both were fantastic! Waterpark isn't the best one in the world but a great day out, wave pool, lazy river, different swimming pools and flumes were good value for money here - €20 each ! 4 bay cruise is a must, we left at 10 in the morning (get there around half9) as the boat has sun beds on the front of the boat which get taken up fast. We sailed to bubble beach and 3 other beautiful bays, the Greek BBQ on bored was perfect too - definitely worth €30 each :)

We were given one toilet roll which wasn't even a new full one for the whole week which isn't ideal for staying somewhere a week. We were also given two towels, one of which was either taken or blew away on our second night and when we told reception a older very unhelpful man shrugged his shoulders at us and told us "to me more careful" and that was the end of that! We made use of the fridge and the cooking pans and knifes to make rolls in the morning which were all very handy.

The shower - This was one thing I dreaded having to use every morning as the head did not stay straight and would continuously move about spraying water everywhere. The pressure was very good although the head again did not work and created high pressure holes that were sore on your skin. The water was cold in the morning and boiling at night, and every time one of us showered it flooded the whole bathroom floor (drain in the middle did nothing) which wasn't ideal.

Location was perfect - you can not find a better place to stay location wise here ! 2 minutes walk into the main streets, beach, harbour and supermarket. All very convenient :) Beach was lovely, we took up the watersports here which were fantastic value for money. You pay £5 for 2 sun beds down at the beach for the whole day which were fantastic.

Majority of restaurants were fantastic - one I can't stress enough to visit is Pelagos down near the end of the harbour down the front. Fantastic food, very well priced, huge portions, friendly service and even a free shot or some watermelon at the end !

I would recommend this location but not this hotel, it is club 18-30 but I do believe that for £400 each all tigether you could have got a better deal somewhere else. Kardamena is a beautiful location full of couples, families and friend groups not just loads of club 18-30 punters!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma600
Reviewed 7 September 2013

First of all I'd like to mention a valid point made by our amazing rep Simon, 'if you go out for a meal and it's good, you're not going to write a review about it. Whereas if it's bad, you will write something on tripadvisor'. Before me and 6 friends went to Kos we browsed the comments on this site and thought 'oh [--]' but I can honestly say that it was one of the best weeks of my life.
We were met on arrival by two reps and the first drama of the holiday was my friend George losing his suitcase, we held up the bus for about half an hour whilst sorting out legal documents and Rachael stayed with us the entire time offering assistance and comfort to a very sad George. Everyone on the bus was sympathetic too and didn't complain that we'd held them up. Over the next few days the reps would ask George if he had heard anything about his case and were as thrilled as us when it arrived on Sunday!
We had collectively decided that we WERE NOT GOING TO BUY THE PACKAGE WITH THE REPS as we were warned (mainly on this site) that we'd be ripped off. However, we were talked into it by the cheeky Irish rep Simon. You can pick and chose what you do in the package so you don't have to pay the full 210€. We took off the boat party and the silent disco and didn't feel like we'd missed out on much, especially as the boat party left at 10am. That brought the price down to 140€ pp and included 9 hours of free bar across the week and free access to both clubs (Status and Starlight)- which I realised when going in without a pass would be 20€ entry a night (luckily I got the pass out in time!) So for 6 nights you'd spend at least 120€ just on club entry- bearing in mind that was just one club (and it was on paint party night, so prices may change dependant)
In terms of the reps- we got on with all 3 reps staying at Seva really really well. Rosie was crazy and such a sweet girl, she was always dancing with people and was great fun. Fliss is amazing, she was always interested and asking what we'd been up to during the day and was a great laugh. Simon is hilarious, we had some great banter throughout the week, he looked after us and made sure you always had a drink in your hand. He also contributed to our list of challenges to carry out during the week and will forever be known for his famous microphone quote: 'GET TO THE BAR BAR BAR GET GET GET GET TO THE BAR!' word of warning- Simon talks very fast with an Irish accent so just tell him to slow down if you miss anything!
The facilities were great, everything you need in one place. The pool was a perfect hangover cure and the bar staff were overall nice. The only bad points about the bar are the prices (5€ a cocktail- when in town you can get deals that include 2 mixers and 3 shots for that price) also, the bar staff are a lot less interested in you than the reps are because it not their job to be. They seemed nice enough though, but we didn't spend enough time at the hotel bar to judge. The cleaner was so lovely and I don't know how she put up with our room, there were 3 girls in one room and the 4 boys in the other, surprisingly the boys room was always immactulate whereas ours turned into a tip every night when we were deciding what to wear! She was very friendly and always smiling and we thanked her a lot. A bad point though is the lack of clean cutlery and crockery we had in the room, we had to go next door to the guys room and swap and share. another issue was the lack of toilet roll, we had to buy a packet from the supermarket midweek. Us girls werent charged for anything at the end of the week, the boys were charged (10€) for one towel being stained but said they expected it as it was pretty bad. Luckily we were located away from the bar and up a flight of stairs so away from any potential noises. The rooms were very safe but we still took precautions. We hid the safe key in a food packet in our room and left it there when going out, we thought this was more sensible than potentially losing it and having to pay for another key (plus possibly losing the deposit) however the guys took their key with them and didn't lose it. I would also reccomend taking the room key off the keyring. The keyring is a small rectangle shaped card which you slot into a case to turn on the air con... If you take the card off the key it means you can leave the air con on when youre out an come back to a cool room (which is needed in the heat!) The hotel is just a 5 min walk to the beach and less to the main bar strip. The thing I love about Kos is how easy it it to find your way around, by the end of the week you'll know the place like the back of your hand. The local people are so friendly and very tolerant to put up with so many young people coming every week! Great places to eat are fast food places such as Rios and The Tasty Corner. Breakfast you can get anywhere but a favourite of mine was Tony's Place, which is just round the corner from the hotel. Tony was such a lovely man and we ate there a few times.
Me and my boyfriend went for a meal at the Captains for our 2 year anniversary and the staff and food were amazing!
I would love to go back to Kardamena just for a chilled weekend and go into Kos town- which is suppose to be beautiful. I recommend the water park nearby, you can get deals in town which include a coach to the park, we went instead of going to the boat party and it was a great day out and something different and more touristy! Our days consisted of sleep, pool, food, beach, food in preparation for the night out ahead. From what i heard on the island Seva is the best out of the three club 18-30 locations.

I know you've probably read a lot of bad things about this place, but you'll hear bad things about anywhere you go. Yes the reps will try get money out of you, its their job, just use your head and budget each day. Your holiday will be as good as you make it to be, if you're out to have a good time with some great friends then you'll love it. I want to go back already after only having a week back in Yorkshire. I'd reccomend club 18-30 to anyone and I'd reccomend Kos to people, especially as a first club 18-30 experience. Make the most of it because the week flies by and make memories both good and bad!
Enjoy and don't forget to try a strobe shot and a chicken gyro (pitta bread stuffed with amazingness!)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Georgienina
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We arrived at Seva and went straight to the room which was not fit for new guests due to a large blue stain on one of the sheets and several other stained sheets. All of the cutlery and kitchen utensils had not been cleaned since previous guests and there was no cleaning equipment for us to be able to clean them ourselves. We paid 50 euros, 20 of which was a deposit, for air conditioning in the room which did not work. One of the workers at the hotel came to fix it, but it did not cool the room down at all and is not worth 50 euros. The bathroom stank after the first shower due to dodgy pipes and there was no shower curtain so the floor immediately got flooded. There was one loo roll on arrival, but for 5 girls staying for a week we ran out very quickly and it was not replaced, even though we were promised it would be. We were told the room would be cleaned 2 times in the week, however when the maid came she just folded up the dirty sheets and did not clean anything. We were told the wifi was free in the reception, but when we asked for the password (which was changed at least 3 times a day) we had to buy a drink to be able to use it. The staff were rude, especially one bald, older worker who confiscated bottled water bought from the supermarket with no warning or even talking to the guests - it was taken out of their hands aggressively. There was also one member of staff who we witnessed being quite violent towards one of the guests and was seen with a baton being held behind his back. After our weeks holiday, when we tried to get our deposit back from the air conditioning and safe he refused to give it to us due to small, faded stains on the towels which were just from a weeks use and could have easily been cleaned in a washing machine. After speaking to other guests we found out he was charging different amounts to different people, suggesting that this is their way of making money and taking advantage of young people.

Despite this there were good things about the holiday such as the location was incredible, less then a 5 minutes walk to the bars and the beach and under a 10 minute walk to the main club, Starlight. The hotel pool was very big and we had no problems getting sun loungers either due to most of the guests sleeping through the day! The 18-30 reps were extremely friendly on arrival and really helpful throughout the week offering trips and events such as the Boat Party. However, we felt slightly pressured on arrival about booking the bar crawls and night outs with the reps as we had to book them then and there or not at all. The one event we booked independently was the Foam Party where we bought a wrist band from the promotors on the bar strip and this worked out to be much cheaper which we then realised we'd been ripped off by the reps. The clubs were really good and there were several free bars on some events. The Paint Party is a MUST but be prepared to get messy! There are loads of nice restaurants in the area, all very cheap and huge portions, however the hotel pool bar is also really cheap and the food is good standards.

Overall, location is perfect but I would STRONGLY suggest to stay at the one of the other hotels/apartments in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

After reading some bad reviews we were a bit apprehensive on what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised by how good the accommodation was, especially for the small price we paid. The hotel was very clean and modern. We booked the apartments to accommodate our large group; with five single beds, a kitchenette, good bathroom and a great balcony overlooking the pool. One negative about the bathroom was that the floor flooded if you had the shower on too powerful. We had cleaners come in everyday and they did an excellent job! Seva is a party hotel, so after the club, loads of people go back there for the after party which means the music doesn't stop but it didn't bother any of us and none of us had any problems with sleeping. We didn't get charged for any sheets/towels, some of us brought our own bed sheets just to be safe. Air conditioning/safe NOT included in the price. Yes, you do only get one toilet roll but it was so cheap in the supermarket so didn't bother us.

The pool area was great and never had a problem getting a sun lounger as there was plenty of them available. Atmosphere is great with music playing all the time. The actual pool was pretty cold but kept well clean. You can't bring your own food/drink to the pool which is one downside, however you can order drinks and food from the bar but it would have been nice to even be allowed to have water, especially in the overwhelming heat to keep hydrated. It was around €1 for a small bottle of chilled water.

The group decided not to take out the packages from the reps as we felt it was very overpriced and we would rather do our own thing and just take one day at a time. Understand that it's the rep's jobs to sell the packages, our rep was a bit pushy/sly but we refused to buy anything off her anyway (as we had been told from previous club 18-30 holidayers not to buy them). We found we saved a lot more money this way and just bought event wristbands from the club pr's (average of around €5-15 per club event, some gave you a free drink as well) and just had pre drinks in the apartment, then maybe head to a bar then to a club. Everyone ends up at the clubs in the end, so you don't miss out on the social side and we met many people! A lot of other groups we talked to, regretted taking the packages but once you agree there's no way you would get your money back.

The location was perfect! There was a supermarket around 5 mins away which was great and everything was pretty cheap plus it sells everything you need! Beach was around 10 mins away. The main bar strip, 5-10 mins away. The main clubs, status (5 mins) and starlight (10 mins) It's only a small island so everything is in walking distance.

Watch out for the gypsies trying to sell you stuff, they will just try and steal from you. Just ignore them and keep tight to your possessions.

Would recommend going to the Lido waterpark. We paid €20 for entry park plus for the travel. The coach picks you up from outside the supermarket was a really good day out!

There's plenty of restaurants down by the sea and everyone was very kind and friendly. There is a fast food place on the main strip which sells a slice of pizza for €1 which is perfect after a night of drinking! Loads of little touristy shops around too.

Overall we had a really good week especially for the money we paid. It's a good place for people who don't want a really wild holiday because it's quite a small place! Wish we had come at a more peak time as it wasn't overly busy but not completely dead! Definitely only come here with a group of friends, as it's only young people staying here.

Room Tip: Go for the apartments if you can, they are away from the main hotel. They are a good size and away f...