“Perfect!”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Leverkusen, Germany
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent a wonderful week at the Akti Palace, a very clean place, with really friendly and helpfull staff. Really nice hotel architecture, clean pools, private beach (stony ground, but the water was wonderful). We really enjoyed our stay! Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: There are rooms with private pools
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stefanie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Ok first of all the pictures of this place put me off the good thing was that in reality it's not has harsh as it looks. This will improve over time as it just needs more plants and trees to make it look established.

The food is overall average. The food area is kept immaculate and the breakfast was the usual large selection which was nice. Lunch however, is great - burgers and pizzas round the pool and beautiful salads laid out along with lots of fresh cooked meat and fish.

Dinner is average. The 3 additional restaurants were ok. The main problem being that the decoration was all the same. It all seemed a bit bland they need someone to come In and give it a bit of a jazz up.

Rooms are really nice and spacious. Not much wardrobe room for a family of 5 and bring your own hangers as you'll need them.

The beach is nice although not great for young children as it's a bit stony. The water is warm and crystal clear though which is lovely.

The hotel next door is more lively but seems more busy. The Atki Palace is much more calm around the pool area.

The major major downside of his hotel is the smell that hits you when you first arrive. It is pure sewage. I was peed off instantly. Luckily when you get to your rooms and the pool area you don't smell it but sometimes at breakfast you could smell it. I don't know about you but I don't want to be smelling poo when I'm eating my cornflakes. This didn't happen every day but it needs to be addressed by the hotel and sorted out ASAP.

We paid a high price for this hotel but if you got here on a reasonable deal you wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Zoe J
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not 5* but certainly 4+ - rooms spacious & modern - air con & wi-fi, tea tray, fridge with wine & water provided daily which was a nice touch. All Staff mega helpful & friendly. Everywhere is clean but not pleasant putting loo paper into a bin :(. Food fresh & plentiful. We only stayed one week but managed to try the other 3 pre-bookable restaurants - fish & Greek were the best - the Asian one a little disappointing but still a welcome change from the main dining hall. Biggest downside to this place is having to set the alarm on holiday to bag a sunbed. Pool/beach towels available from 7:45am but many residents place their own towels on beds much earlier than this. Not enough beds for the amount of people staying here. Courtesy bus into Kardamena is worth doing but it's a bit of a scrum coming home - a taxi would only be around 9 euros so possibly worth considering for comfort. Water sports very handy right by the hotel on the beach & prices reasonable - large inflatable ride 15 euros each & lots of fun.

Room Tip: Don't ask for pool/sea view as the entertainment is up there - the quieter rooms are garden view...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank SuzyDunning
Morpeth, Northumberland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I decided to take a holiday alone and it was important to me that I was in a very nice all inclusive hotel so that I didn't need to worry about wandering the streets on an evening. The staff were wonderful and looked after my every need. There were little things that you may find in another 5* hotel (no cotton wool, tissues, cotton buds) but it certainly didn't detract from what was, without any doubt, a wonderful holiday in an excellent hotel. There was a bottle of wine in the fridge every day as well as water and orange juice and the room was kept scrupulously clean. It's difficult due to the shape of the hotel to get a good sea view, I could only just see the sea but I had a nice view of the gardens. The food in the main restaurant was the best that I have eaten in an all inclusive with a fabulous choice every day. I wasn't keen on trying the smaller restaurants as I thought they were better suited to couples but I did hear good reports. With lunch and dinner you were offered wine and I believe that around the pool, you were offered cocktails. The bar is quite small and could maybe do with some pictures on the wall and some music but that again didn't stop me from enjoying my time spent there. You had the choice of top label spirits, champagne, wines and cocktails and the staff were incredibly attentive. All in all, this was a fabulous experience and the staff at this hotel made this a wonderful holiday. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank FamilyCraig
Beirut
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If somebody ask me: would you recommend this hotel. I would say yes, BUT only because its new /probably 2013/.
However - its not a 5*, 4* would be accurate. I tried to contact the manager, twice, but no reply… In general, I have to say, we enjoyed our holiday, I would especially
thank the front desk lucia, man behind the grill (very good lamb), and
girl with curly hair from the bar near restaurant (extraordinary
friendly and helpful).

Now some of my comments:

Beach:
I was missing a bar, when you want something, you have to go the the pool and you will get cheapest plastic cup…Not a 5* nor 3*. The is nothing to see in the sea (disappointment) – so exept of few fishes, don’t bother to bring snorkeling equipment.
Restaurant:
The only person, not fitting into stuff (smiling, hello saying) is the
lady from breakfast making eggs. She is smiling only when leaving the
station, not making your day better. Also quality of her work,
not 5* nor 3*. For this station, I would suggest to add moustard, ketchup and nutella in cup.

There is also serious problem with the ventilation (grill station), you can see it from the dust above. The smoke is in entire restaurant, when making lot of meat on the grill. We were forced to sit outside. I know, people love salmon, but from the grill is very dry.
We also tried all 3 restaurants.
Fish one was perfect, greek one ok, but the asian was horrible. I lived in Asia, eating asian food at least once a week. I dont want to be racist, but the chef looked asian, so I couldn´t understand, why
the food so bad was. Dessert - lichy from the can? Soup - tomato soup? Great disappointment.
If you have never eaten Asian food before, don’t try it there.
ROOM (1526)
You cannot close the bathroom with the glass door. Night bedside/cabinet next to the bed - very hardly to open. There was also a blood stain/fleck on the curtain. I would also consider other also the TV Programs offer (in my opinion the offer is not designed well for hotel (we were unable to find one
channel with quality program (like HBO). Bring your own HDD with movies.

Enjoy this hotel, in few years it wont be that nice as it is (it is built in a quick and unsustainable way.

Room Tip: Dont take the room with sea view - it means, faw away from the restaurant (not worth) and if staying...
4 Thank allrounder1331
Shipley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a very pleasant week here in July. Was a bit concerned that the buildings looked like prison blocks on the photos but when amongst them they weren't too bad. The room was spacious, we had a shared pool room which was perfect as we had just gone to chill.
Food was good in general but would have been a bit boring if we'd stayed any longer.The 3 specialty restaurants were OK for a change but there is no choice,this wasn't a problem as it was plentiful and nice not to have to choose for a change.
One thing to be aware of is that a lot of the entertainment is next door as is the main lobby bar but this is not the impression given in the little info. guide.
Nicest thing here was the staff who were all very pleasant and for the most part efficient, one who deserves a special mention is Irienie as she was so lovely and even when the bar was very busy she still had a smile and kept the drinks coming.
Drinks were OK, but limited choice for cocktails and gave up on them in the end as they were all too sweet, even Margeritas as they used lime cordial.
All in all it was a good hotel but I have only given 4 stars as compared to the 5stars we normally visit in the Caribbean it was lacking a lot,but that is probably not a fair comparison.

Room Tip: Make sure you get 2 keys as 1 has to stay in the slot in the room to keep the air con working.We lik...
4 Thank Anne S
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Akti palace is a lovely modern clean and friendly resort.We were really pleased with our choice and stay. Food was lovely and waiting staff were efficient and friendly.Reception staff were friendly and helpful , always with a smile.The amenities were great with plenty to do, or just relax by the pool with helpful and friendly entertainment staff but no pressure to join in if you just want to relax.Room was modern and clean with wifi and wine and water topped up everyday.
All in all a very enjoyable holiday would highly recommend.
Laura and Paul Clark
UK,

Room Tip: all rooms good but select if you would like a private small poll or a sea view
7 Thank 1laurdouglas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
#19 of 39 in Kardamena
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,192 reviews
Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa

Been to Akti Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!