“June break”

and 1 more site!
Akti Palace Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We arrived very late and were taken to our room in a golf buggy although as it turned out we were not very far from reception.Our room was ground floor in a block and was spacious for a couple, clean and modern with coffee making facilities and a fridge containing a juice carton and a bottle of Greek wine.Both beverages were replaced as required daily at no extra charge.
When we awoke and looked outside we were surprised to find we had a small pool outside although there was no mention of that when I booked.There were four parasols each with a room number attached and with two sunbeds each bed.Consequently, no worries about finding a sunbed free in the morning!We did not use the main pool but plenty of people did and it did have a pool bar which served snacks at lunchtime.As for the private beach it was well attended but it is of the shingle variety so you sink ankle deep walking onto it.
Buffet meals were served in the main dining room,of a good standard though the menu didnt change much during the week.There are three a la carte restaurants. the fish one was excellent.
During the week we visited Nisyros, a volcanic island nearby.You can walk into the caldera of the volcano, quite fumy but well worth it.Also went to Bubble Beach where streams of little bubbles come up from the sea floor like a jacuzi.You have to walk out about chest height to see them.
Altogether a nice weeks holiday

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with a private pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michael h

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We've just got back from two weeks at Akti palace and loved it. The hotel is beautiful, great location, the food is lovely. We tried two of the three specialist restaurants - the Asian and the Greek and was very impressed with both, lots of food though! All the staff were brilliant, they could not be more helpful and friendly - we especially liked Nikos at the pool bar and main bar in the evenings. The downsides were the size of the rooms, or lack of storage - there was nowhere to store our five empty cases, one wardrobe between five and no drawers upstairs, very few plug sockets (or maybe we have too many gadgets!), no light above the dressing table. The pool was great but the steps into it are like sheet ice, me and at least two others fell, so I was sporting a rather unattractive bruise at the bottom of my back for most of the holiday! The evenings are very quiet at akti palace, there is the option of going next door for entertainment, which is ok, but the main bar is so nice, just a bit of music would help. Also, a cocktail menu would be really helpful, they will happily make you anything but it's no good if you don't know what to ask for in the first place! Overall, we had a fabulous time and I'm sat back in rainy England wishing I was back there.

1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for one week in August and had an amazing time. The hotel is great, the rooms are sufficent (not huge), and very clean. The best part about this hotel is the staff, who really do look after everyone so well and are extremely friendly... they can't do enough for you.

The hotel and pool atmosphere we found perfect for us and our kids (7 and 9) because it was all very quiet day and night, but with a definitely family atmosphere. So if you wanted to make noise in the pool, nobody cared and at night time it was brilliant.

Entertainment is fairly limited in the evening, but there are a couple of options and the pool tavern has a wonderfully relaxed feel with music by the pool.

The food was outstanding, seriously you can't not put on weight!

The Spa and Gym is good too. There is even a mini bar that they top up with water, and wine every day for free too. Great views of the sea of the beautiful mountains all around the rooms.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Sunbeds are still a problem IF you want one under the shade. Other than that you can usually find on...
1  Thank Cliff J
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent a wonderful week at the Akti Palace, a very clean place, with really friendly and helpfull staff. Really nice hotel architecture, clean pools, private beach (stony ground, but the water was wonderful). We really enjoyed our stay! Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: There are rooms with private pools
2  Thank Stefanie W
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Ok first of all the pictures of this place put me off the good thing was that in reality it's not has harsh as it looks. This will improve over time as it just needs more plants and trees to make it look established.

The food is overall average. The food area is kept immaculate and the breakfast was the usual large selection which was nice. Lunch however, is great - burgers and pizzas round the pool and beautiful salads laid out along with lots of fresh cooked meat and fish.

Dinner is average. The 3 additional restaurants were ok. The main problem being that the decoration was all the same. It all seemed a bit bland they need someone to come In and give it a bit of a jazz up.

Rooms are really nice and spacious. Not much wardrobe room for a family of 5 and bring your own hangers as you'll need them.

The beach is nice although not great for young children as it's a bit stony. The water is warm and crystal clear though which is lovely.

The hotel next door is more lively but seems more busy. The Atki Palace is much more calm around the pool area.

The major major downside of his hotel is the smell that hits you when you first arrive. It is pure sewage. I was peed off instantly. Luckily when you get to your rooms and the pool area you don't smell it but sometimes at breakfast you could smell it. I don't know about you but I don't want to be smelling poo when I'm eating my cornflakes. This didn't happen every day but it needs to be addressed by the hotel and sorted out ASAP.

We paid a high price for this hotel but if you got here on a reasonable deal you wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Zoe J
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not 5* but certainly 4+ - rooms spacious & modern - air con & wi-fi, tea tray, fridge with wine & water provided daily which was a nice touch. All Staff mega helpful & friendly. Everywhere is clean but not pleasant putting loo paper into a bin :(. Food fresh & plentiful. We only stayed one week but managed to try the other 3 pre-bookable restaurants - fish & Greek were the best - the Asian one a little disappointing but still a welcome change from the main dining hall. Biggest downside to this place is having to set the alarm on holiday to bag a sunbed. Pool/beach towels available from 7:45am but many residents place their own towels on beds much earlier than this. Not enough beds for the amount of people staying here. Courtesy bus into Kardamena is worth doing but it's a bit of a scrum coming home - a taxi would only be around 9 euros so possibly worth considering for comfort. Water sports very handy right by the hotel on the beach & prices reasonable - large inflatable ride 15 euros each & lots of fun.

Room Tip: Don't ask for pool/sea view as the entertainment is up there - the quieter rooms are garden view...
5  Thank SuzyDunning
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I decided to take a holiday alone and it was important to me that I was in a very nice all inclusive hotel so that I didn't need to worry about wandering the streets on an evening. The staff were wonderful and looked after my every need. There were little things that you may find in another 5* hotel (no cotton wool, tissues, cotton buds) but it certainly didn't detract from what was, without any doubt, a wonderful holiday in an excellent hotel. There was a bottle of wine in the fridge every day as well as water and orange juice and the room was kept scrupulously clean. It's difficult due to the shape of the hotel to get a good sea view, I could only just see the sea but I had a nice view of the gardens. The food in the main restaurant was the best that I have eaten in an all inclusive with a fabulous choice every day. I wasn't keen on trying the smaller restaurants as I thought they were better suited to couples but I did hear good reports. With lunch and dinner you were offered wine and I believe that around the pool, you were offered cocktails. The bar is quite small and could maybe do with some pictures on the wall and some music but that again didn't stop me from enjoying my time spent there. You had the choice of top label spirits, champagne, wines and cocktails and the staff were incredibly attentive. All in all, this was a fabulous experience and the staff at this hotel made this a wonderful holiday. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank FamilyCraig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Akti Beach Club Hotel
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
#4 of 39 in Kardamena
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel

Been to Akti Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!