Me and 3 friends spent 2 weeks in the ELGA and had the holiday of a lifetime!!! Kos is such a good place to go on a clubbing holiday.
This hotel is probably in the best location for a clubbing holiday, you could see the two main clubs from either side of our apartment. Every week the clubs have a famous visitor (e.g. Reggie Yates, Joey Essex and Danny Dyer when we were there). Photos of one club are on facebook: search ‘starlight club’ and you’ll get an idea of the atmosphere.
Do not buy the entire package of events from your reps!! The only things I would recommend buying is the FRAT party and maybe the booze cruise. The rest is just a rip off basically all you do is go on a bar crawl before going to a club(some nights there is a free bar or 2euro bar but its still not worth the money). The drinks in the bar crawl cost more than if you just go out with your friends because they don’t do any deals. I would recommend Mario’s by the harbour (5euros for 3 shots and 2 cocktails!) or just ask for deals when you go to bars.
The hotel room wasn’t amazing. In the kitchen all we got was a toaster, one hob, a fridge and a kettle. So all we could really cook was supernoodles and pasta. One day the electricity was down for a few hours and so everything in the fridge got warm and our milk went off. Oh and you have to keep bread in the fridge, ours went mouldy in less than 24hours. There are loads of restaurants and cafes, some quite cheap so we ate out every lunchtime. We had two twin rooms with decent beds. One room had a mirror and wardrobe and both rooms had a bedside table. We were lucky because we were at one of the corners of the hotel and so had two good sized balconies. The bathroom was okay, clean and simple. The shower was odd, you basically had to use it like a hose and without a shower curtain the water got everywhere so we used a towel to soak it up then hung it on our balcony. It dried pretty quickly so it didn’t bother us. The shower was almost always cold but it was nice and refreshing. If you wash clothes and put them on the balcony and they fall off, you probably won’t see them again. I have a feeling that the hotel manager collects them because I saw them with bin bags full of clothes. We lost a top and 2 towels.
The maids were crap. They did as little as possible. You were lucky if they swept the floor or emptied the bins. We were there for 2 weeks and they didn’t change our sheets until 3 days before we were leaving. But to be fair we did live like tramps and it didn’t bother us much because we didn’t spend much time in the hotel. I wouldn’t leave anything like tickets or paperwork hanging around, we almost lost our Joey Essex autograph because they sometimes go around your room with a bin liner and throw away anything that looks like rubbish.
Probably less than 10 meters away from the hotel is a tiny shop which sells all the basics you may need and a larger supermarket about 3mins walk away. There are a lot of cashpoints around Kardamena. There are a few nice beaches, nearest is only 10min walk. It has watersports there if you’re brave enough.
The worst thing about the hotel was if you broke anything you have to pay, a lot. We broke 4 glasses and had to pay 8euros, so we ended up buying plastic cups from the shop to save anymore accidents and washing up! Some boys next door broke a balcony chair (25euros) and then swapped it with one of ours, don’t worry if this happens to you, they have room numbers on the bottom so you just have to let the hotel know and they sort it. We didn’t realise this for a few days so we were hiding our chairs inside and planning to jump the balconies to swap ours back.
The hotel pool was good, always enough sun loungers and never really very busy. It plays music and there’s a bar which also sells food. The bar in the hotel reception was really good, 24HOURS.
I would certainly return to Kos and stay at the Elga. This hotel is perfect for CLUBBERS, which means noisy all day and all night. Definitely not for families. Heres a few tips…
• Wear shoes in clubs.. I cut my toe on glass
• Pre-drink, even before going to the bars, you’ll have so much more fun. We even popped home from the clubs to have a few shots (they write a time on your wrist so you have to run) to save some money.
• Don’t leave valuables on the beach, lots of people decide to go swimming after the clubs and get robbed. There are a lot of gypsy kids who try to sell glow bands at the bars, I felt sorry for them on the first night but they are not nice people. The teenage boys offered us ‘free blow jobs’, we got rocks thrown at us and some kid hit this girls boob. They are fine as long as you ignore them, we stupidly started an argument.
• Be nice to the hotel owners, they can easily kick you out. We got a warning on our first night because our neighbours threw water at us!
• If any of you have seen sun, sex and suspicious parents, Ronnie and his friend are out there at the moment working for one of the clubs. The programme was all a set up and he was already working in Kos before filming. I think he’s really embarrassed about it so if you see him, he probably wont admit he’s Ronnie.
• We think that the small Glens vodka from the small shop may be fake, just be careful with that one
• The hotel managers don’t like guests at night (if you get what I mean) you either have to pretend that they are staying at the elga or go to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elga Hotel is a family run busines which is only few meters away from the beautiful town of kardamena were you will find tourist shops,tasty traditional taverns,bars,and many other things to do on your stay.The sea of Kardamena is only 400 meters away from the resort. The hotel offers a pool with a snak bar with varius food and deferent coctails and many other things. All Elga rooms are spacy with a huge balcony with montain and pool view,or city view to relax on your stay.All Elga rooms have private bathroom. The reception is 24 houers and the hotel bar is open also 24 houers.Do not forget asking for a MOJITO at the bar! Kos Airport is only 5 kilometers away from the resort and kos harbour is 25 kilometers away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Elga Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elga Apartments Kardamena
- Elga Apartments Hotel Kardamena
- Elga Apartments Kos/Kardamena