“Great value!”

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Falkirk District, United Kingdom
“Great value!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week at the elga. Got a great last minute deal but was worried it might not suit us as it is marketed as 2wentys. The hotel itself is great; very clean and modern feeling decor. There were people of all ages (except kids).

My only issue was the noise from the street from about midnight til 4:30am. The hotel is located between starlight and status, so there was an endless trail of people going past, often loud and drunk! Our room faced out onto that main road. I didn't sleep at all some nights, even with earplugs. I don't blame the hotel for this though as they don't control these things!

As I say, this is a hotel marketed for 2wentys, and if you are looking for that kind of holiday you will probably be out when the noise is going on and it won't bother you.

We didn't have a lot of money so we spent a lot of time watching DVDs in our room, and it was a home away from home. I often forgot I was abroad!

The wifi in the bar was good, and we also went to the barbecue which was a good deal. I also enjoyed lying stargazing on the terrace, which was next to our room.

Overall, a great hotel with polite staff, ideally located for everything in town. Close to the supermarket too.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Michelle M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
cardenden
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Returned a few days ago from the Elga and it was brilliant big enough room, balcony, friendly staff, clean.The Elga is staying opening this September and October and I plan to go back. I had no problems atall the week I stayed and I cant understand the bad reviews about the staff before I went theres no pleasing some people the staff and management were as helpfull as can be. Also fego the dog was lovely! Lol

• Stayed August 2014
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent one amazing week with friends in this lovely hotel ,I met very kind and polite people who owe this hotel,they try to help u with everything,really helpfully. Definitely i would be back there again its so much fun!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jay T
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with 3 of my friends in room number 4 which was next door to the 24 hour bar. This wasn't a problem for me and my friends because we were out til late most nights and when we were back early, we were always too tired to care about the music. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I have seen some comments which disagree with this but in my opinion you only get treated the way you treated others and so be friendly with them and you will get the same back. The pool is the best part about the hotel. It was never too busy and always very clean. The pool bar food was too a high standard and the service there was amazing. The only problems were the cleanliness of the towels and sheets which wasn't a major problem as you don't really need the sheets at night and just bring your own towel. Overall I would recommend this hotel, it's not too lively but perfect for having a good time as the two major nightclubs are less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2014
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We returned from Kos a couple of weeks ago and as a group of 16 we couldn't have asked for more. The staff were very welcoming even at 6.30am when you were returning from a night out, they were always up for a chat (Andrea!) After reading some of the recent reviews, we couldn't disagree with them more! The hotel was clean and tidy, considering the price we paid we got more than we expected. The pool was nice with plenty of sunbeds and the pool bar sold all kinds of food and drinks for reasonable prices. The hotel bar being 24 hours was brilliant, the party just kept on going! We had no trouble with extra charges for breakages as we checked for them on the first day, which you are told to do. The location could not be better, some people we met had to walk 4km every day to Kardamena (although taxis are available and cheap). Elga is basically next door to the 2 clubs and 100m to bar street as well as 2 minute walk to the restaurants, shops and beach. Wifi is also available in reception and at the pool, all of the bars also have wifi.
Kardamena itself was very lively and not at all 'dead' as some other reviews have said. There are 2 main clubs which attracted hundreds every night. There are parties every night including the popcorn, paint, glow, foam, water and white parties and a DJ battle. There is also bar street which has smaller clubs, shisha bars, karaoke, quizzes and more! You can get loads of deals like two triple mixers and 3 shots for 5 euros. The restaurants also offer deals such as a starter, a main and 4 cocktails for 12 euros. There were many places to eat along the harbour which were all of a high standard with friendly staff.
There is loads of activities to do such as water sports, quad bikes, trips to Turkey, water park, Kos town, definitely something for everyone and all at reasonable prices.
We'd recommend getting tickets off the street, especially for the clubs and don't do the bar crawl- expensive and pointless as you can just join in anyway like we did!
We would definitely go back! We love and miss you Elga! Still suffering withdrawl from Kos! We <3 Kos.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kourtney226
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Went to Elga in July with my girls and OMG it was so bad :/ we tried to make the best of it yh but it's hard to when the hotel is worse than my council flat! Like seriously the maid dnt kno how to wash a towel cos we got none since we stayed there!!! Soz but I saved up all my jobs seekers for nuffin! Thought we were gonna be living it up drinks all night partying till dawn but NO so dead everywhere I have better nights in Romford!!! The staff are barre rude givin it lip all the time letting their dogs run round tryna eat my food....the music around the pool kept turning off all the time when I was jammin to drake so annoyin yh we came for the 24 hr bar tbh cos we like to party hard but it was soooooo expensive 5 euro for a yager bomb u havin a laufff !!! They should have at least put down the prices den people might actually go to the bar init lol the TV playing old documentaries killed the vibe a bit anyway.. Basically yh don't go kos it's so dead and boring not even being drunk made it good which says sumfin!!! But say u do go kos for like a quiet weekend away yh sure the restaurants are well gd.. Bare deals.. Just don't stay at Elga pay the extra bit of dough for better hotel it would be worth it trust

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank SharonWxx
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Myself and 3 of my friends have not long returned from our holiday staying at the Elga hotel and we loved it!
The staff there are so lovely and we made good friends with them all. People may say they had a bad experience with them but show them respect and that is what you shall get back!
The pool area was lovely, plenty of space and the food at the pool bar was spot on, just what you want!
The 2wentys reps were always really helpful for us as well.
The location of the hotel is good as everything that you would need like shops, restaurants, bars, beach and clubs are within a good walking distance.
I loved my time at the Elga and would love to go back again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MeganG301193
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Origin Hotel Apartments
#34 of 39 in Kardamena
Studios Ladikos Beach
Studios Ladikos Beach
#193 of 217 in Kos

Been to Elga Apartments? Share your experiences!