This was the first visit for my friend and I to Kos, but will certainly not be the last.
The reception, management, bar staff, and all the team work exceptionally hard to ensure your stay at Cleopatra meets expectations. We just wanted a relaxing break
and this hotel proved perfect for us.
Cleopatra is quietly situated, but within convenient walking distance of the restaurants, bars and beach. As our stay was at the beginning of the season, the hotel was not full, and many of the people there were repeat guests.
Continental breakfast and a good selection of bar food all day
Stam behind the bar kept everyone entertained, and gave several recommendations for
dining out. Every evening we tried different restaurants, and all the meals were of
an excellent standard.
If you want more night life, you can go onto bar street although we didn't bother after the first night. We went in Stone Roses Bar some evenings where the music is good, and to Downtown where there is a variety of 70's / 80's music. Some evenings we stayed in the hotel. There is a Greek night where the staff encourage you to join in with the Greek Dancing. They also do a quiz night but beware, you may be expected to play Bingo!!
The rooms are basic but kept scrupilously clean. There are plenty of sunbeds available by the pool without having to get up at a ridiculously early hour to reserve.
Some of the beds are a bit 'tired', and I would have preferred ones with mattresses, but this was only a minor point.
Occasionally we went to the beach by 'Sunbeam' - not a particularly picturesque part of the beach, but comfy sunbeds and Andreas provided nice selection of bar food.
All in all an excellent week's holiday, and we are trying to book for next year same time.
Thanks Manos, Stam and the rest of the team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleopatra Superior is part of Cleopatra Hotels. All 3 hotels are located in Kardamena, Kos, Greece. Cleopatra Hotels offer accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis (continental buffet style), employ local staff & offer proper Greek hospitality ! Our Hotels are ideal for couples of any age and families. For people that want to be near the center, where everything is happening, but also want to relax and get a good night's sleep. Large groups of youngsters should reconsider before booking in our hotels. Manos Hatzikonstantinos, Cleopatra Hotels General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Cleopatra Superior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Superior Kardamena
- Hotel Cleopatra Superior
- Cleopatra Superior Hotel Kos/Kardamena