“Nice holiday, the kids loved it and excellent friendly staff but not exactly what I expected.”

Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed in the family village with my husband and two children 18 months and 5 years old. First impression hotel was clean, staff were friendly and the food nice. I was initially disappointed that staying in this hotel you had to pay extra to use the three restaurants, Italian, Greek and Chinese but it was only 15 euros per adult and free for kids and was worth it. I did have a problem with ants in my room but this was soon delt with by the manager of house keepers who was lovely and I was informed the ants dont pose any risk to us and after moved to another room I never seen any more for duration of the trip so I was more than happy with this. I visited the two other mitsis hotels during my stay but travelling with two children I found the family village better. It has a small shallow baby pool, large pool, park and kids club all within sight of the sun beds so my daughter and the friends she made had a choice of what they wanted to do. There is also 3 water slides with snack bar( although only food is cheese and ham sandwiches) and pool and sunbeds! The evening entertainment was good i enjoyed the grease and we will rock you shows and kids loved the mini disco. They have water polo and aqua aerobics sessions during the day for adults which i enjoyed. food was generally good but got a bit repetitive. Taxi drive into local town cost 20 euro return but there is also a bus which is cheaper. Overall I would say it is a nice hotel but my rating would be a good 3 star compared to other4 stars I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Funandsunlovers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I'm a travel agent in the UK and chose the Family village for our holiday this year, I travelled with my husband and son (11). We all had a brilliant time. I booked a family superior room for not much more than a standard, the room was a great size separated into two with sleeping accommodation for my son, we also had a swim up pool and a lovely terrace area.
The staff were amazing, they all worked so hard, especially in the restaurant and the bar. The food was lovely, plenty of choice, I think I had something different for lunch and dinner every day for 2 weeks. The restaurant was really well organised and we never had to wait long for a table.
The animation team were fab both during the day and the night, they put on great shows, something different every night.
The pool with slides is just down the hill from the main pool, safe for the children to go on their own as is the mini disco.
We had a brilliant 2 weeks - could have stayed longer.
The area is really quite hilly so not really suitable for those who have trouble walking.
Thank you all at the Family Village.

6 Thank Marie F
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is my second visit to the mitsis family village just outside of kademena in kos and want to some up how fantastic the service staff and accomodation actualy was on our stay.
All the staff work tirelessly to make every visitors stay a holiday to be remembered and bend over backwards to sort out queeries or concerns holidaymakers may have .
I love the mitsis chain of hotels because of its great family service and personal touch with its holidaymakers and would recomend any of the hotels in its chain but specificaly the amazing hotel the mitsis family village on kos .
Please feel free to drop me a message via tripadvisor concerning any of the aspects of his hotel and its workings and will only be too happy to answer questions to the best of my ability

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank joshua t
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed at family village with my husband and had a fantastic relaxing holiday. Their ate four hotels on this complex and although the family village appears older than the other hotels the staff more make up for this.

It is quite hilly and those with prams and wheelchairs may struggle but as they say no pain no gain.

Food is absolutely outstanding, with a wide variety to choose from and it's not a free for all like in some all inclusive hotels.

A big thank you to the staff and management at family village.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Sykers
Derbyshire
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We arrived to an excellent room with a swim up pool. The main pool area is very good with ample sun beds, a lovely pool and cracking views. The restaurant is very well run and friendly efficient waiters. The food is good with top quality pizza and risotto's and the crepe lady knows how to spoil the little ones!!!!. The walk to the beach is a nice way to burn a calorie or two off. The snorkelling is good and its nice on the beach with the strong breeze. The animation team is excellent, in fact the whole staff are a credit to the hotel. For a good all round hotel in a great quiet location with good food, attentive staff and brilliant weather you will not go far wrong.

Room Tip: family superior rooms with swim up pools are lovely
5 Thank jonathon H
suffolk
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Just come back from a week staying at Family village. Stayed in a swim up room with amazing views. Room fairly basic but very clean. Room service every day. Didn't do entertainment so can't comment. Food however freshly prepared and plenty of choice. Staff very friendly and helpful I agree with previous comment lovely lady called Nicola on reception. Please do get a taxi to Kardamena, sandy beach. Had a meal at Scala near the marina strongly recommend. Friends were staying at Blue Domes we went for drinks, one word amazing! Recommend a visit there. Go karting just outside complex well worth a visit. Overall good holiday in lovely location local people extremely friendly would recommend.

Room Tip: It is very hilly so bear this in mind if you have difficulty in walking.
4 Thank ashburt0n
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had 10 days at the family village and truly had the most amazing time and already planning our return visit next year!!!!

As many others on here, we also upgraded our room (tip for if and when booking) to a swim up room (maisonette) and it certainly added to making our holiday the best not only with more space but fantastic views. Cleaned and fresh towels everyday and always something artistic done with the nighties/sheets!!

Food was great, first ever time my kids (age 14 & 12) have not complained on an all inclusive! Does get a bit repetative, but what all inclusive doesn't!!! Service in the restaurant is brilliant. We had a couple of trips to Kardemina for something different.

Pool area was amazing, none of this getting up at the crack of dawn for a sunbed milarky!!! Still sunbeds available most of the day and the same on the beach which also is amazing. Pools are all salt water (except the one where the slides are) I am personally not keen on salt water pools but found having a shower after (couple pool side) wasn't too bad.
We, as a family, had a great time with the hotel's animation team - full credit to Emily, Patrik and the others - so much fun the kids loved them they made so much effort!!!OPAHHHHH

All staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful.
We had a mooch around all the other Mitsis hotels on the complex and from what we saw and heard from guests, I think we had the best one!!!!

The Island of Kos is perfect for a family holiday, not a cloud in the sky for 10 days, great hotel, met some fab people what more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Go for a maisonette!!! Or ask for a room with a swim up.
5 Thank Vicki M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Summer Palace
#2 of 39 in Kardamena
Sovereign Beach Hotel
Sovereign Beach Hotel
#15 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!