We stayed at the Mikri Poli hotel in Kos from 20th May - 31st May, we also stayed there last year May. We even brought the in-laws with us this time. And just as last year, we had a great time! The hotel is only a 10 min drive from the airport, which is great as we have a 23 month old toddler, as we could not bare a long journey to the hotel after a flight. The hotel and rooms are clean, and would definitely recommend a sea-view room(room 1305 & 1303) Some rooms are up a steep incline, so for elderly ones or families with kids, i suggest you get a room to the front of the resort to avoid the steps The food in the restaurant is of very good quality, with a variety to choose from everyday. There are 2 good sized kiddie pools to keep the kids entertained(make sure they wear crocs or jelly shoes around the pool to avoid slipping), and a very large one for the adults. Every evening there is a mini disco which is highly popular with the children, followed by entertainment by the animation team in the amphitheater. I must admit the steps down to the amphitheater are steep, so please take care when descending. For the beach loves, it is literally across the road from the hotel. The hotel own the piece in front so they provide loungers. There is also a gym in the sister hotel next door which is free to use. What also makes staying at Mikri Poli very appealing, is the fact that Kardemena town is only a 10 min walk along the beach, if you want to break the day up a bit. Lovely little town with lots of bars and restaurants along a picturesque marina. Great cocktails at Bar 1960!!!! I would highly recommend the 45 min bus ride from Kardemena into Kos Town. Beautiful town!! Once there, take the little street train(the green one by the marina is free) for a 20 min tour of the town. However, one of the major contributing factors for our enjoyable stay was the friendly staff at Mikri Poli. From the moment we stepped into the hotel, the staff could not do enough to ensure we had a pleasant stay. Lina and Anisa always had a smile, Maria in the hotel shop was so friendly and always took time to talk to my daughter. The shop sells pool toys and floats and other toys, so no need to pack any in your suitcases. George the restaurant manager was so helpful and nice along with all his staff, Katerina, Georgia, Dianne, George and Alex just to name a few. All of them were fantastic with my daughter. The 2 bar guys, both named Yiannis, worked hard every evening to quench everyone's thirst. Make an effort to get to know the lovely staff.
Also have to mention the animation team, especially Micky. They were all great fun, and had some funny games up there sleeves. I would high recommend that you get involved with the games, you will not be disappointed!!
We met a few families that want to return next year, we even met one family again that stayed there the same time as we did last year!!
If you are looking for sun, sea and a great family hotel, look no further than Mikri Poli.
We will be going back for a 3rd time in 2015!!!!!!
Philip, Rachael & Amara(room 1305)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mikri Poli Kos is located on Kos island…amphitheatrically built on a rocky slope running down to the beach.This family friendly resort presents 175 guestrooms in two-level buildings, elegant, fresh and comfortable.Enjoy magnificent views from your balcony or simply open your door and dive into the pool! Warm blue waters, intoxicating sea views, relaxed and stylish interiors, delightful dining, exciting family activities… a special place with a special kind of hospitality that welcomes each guest and creates everlasting memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mikri Poli Kos Hotel Kardamena
- Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena
- Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena