“Clean, friendly and right on the beach!”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
England
“Clean, friendly and right on the beach!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Myself, my 2 year old son and my mum stayed at this hotel for a week 3-10 June and we had a lovely time. The hotel was clean and welcoming. I had emailed the hotel a day before we arrived to confirm a cot in the room and to see if we could have a ground floor to make it easier with the pushchair and the receptionist emailed straight back and even made a special effort to come and speak to me when I checked in to say it was her who had emailed back and we do have what we requested. Very nice welcome. The family room we had (903) was very big and clean, perfect for us 3. The pool was lovely, I would just mention though that there were a few lose tiles around the childrens pool which need looking at, especially as it'd hurt the children more than the adults if they stood or tripped on these. You collect your towels from the spa which opens at 10am, I would say this would be better if it opened at 9am for fresh towels. The hotel is right on the beach, literally walk past the pool, straight down and round the corner, no roads or anything to cross. There were no animals on the beach nor anyone trying to sell anything. The sand was perfect, clean and bins changed regularly. The staff at the hotel were all great and I must say the older women in the restaurant working on the left balcony were very hard working and the younger waitresses were fantastic with the children, they always got us a highchair, lifted my son in and out of the highchair and always spoke and waved to him, they were a credit to the hotel. Could do with more staff at the bars though. I would just mention that 25 euros (non refundable) for the safe was a bit cheeky. And it was a shame that at the toddler part of the waterpark I got told off for taking my 2 year old down the slide, he is too young obviously to go down by himself but was eager to play on it, so think they rules should be changed, they were quite big slides so I wasn't going to break them going down with him. Overall the waterpark was fun and wasn't busy at all. Food was good, plenty of choice. I would say I was disappointed there wasn't an omelette station, and the scrambled egg I'm sure was powered egg as opposed to real eggs, but this was only a minor thing. My son loved the food and there was always ice cream to be eaten. I would recommend this hotel and would return here. But beds were very hard!

Room Tip: Email the hotel if you require something specific, they were very helpful and emailed straight back
4 Thank hope46
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Atlantica Porto Bello Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel in May 2013. The first thing that impressed us is that on the island the sea is literally everywhere you go.
The hotel is very beautiful and comfortable. The rooms are not big but very clean and cosy. This hotel is one of the 2 Atlantica Porto Bello hotels situated next to each other. The other hotel - Royal - is five-star and provides a bit better conditions like a wonderful view of the sea, a SPA center etc. But if you are into SPA you can always go there, too. It takes only 5 minutes to get there from Porto Bello Beach.
The food is worth mentioning, too. This is a very important aspect for me so before making my choice I spent quite much time reading about different hotels, finally chose this one, and never regretted it. The food is various and very tasty and you can enjoy it at a cosy table outside when there are not many guests. The drinks are served by polite and helpful waiters.
The Internet is fast and free but you can use it only in the reception area that is quite comfortable actually. The pool is rather big and clean.
To sum up, I can say that this hotel can become a good choice for your perfect vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank oceania-spb
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am happy to inform you that this year we have an amazing SPA at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach as well (also a Hair Salon and a Fish Spa).

Thank you for your kind words and it would be our pleasure to host you again in our hotel.

Bishopton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just home from a lovely family holiday with our 3 year old son at this hotel. No complaints at all the complex itself looks very clean and picturesque with a great variety of restaurants to choose from. There is a lovely beach 5 mins walk with a playpark for the wee ones and a nice beach bar. The waterpark is not far too which is great for all ages from kids waterpark, lazy river and exciting flumes for adults. The accommodation was great too, large family room clean and spacious. There is entertainment every night at the ampitheatre from kiddies disco (which our son loved) then a show act put on by reps. Everyone was friendly, helpful and we had a very enjoyable time. We hired a car for a couple of days to see the island, Zia village is lovely and Kos Town is worth a visit. It was our 7th year wedding anniversary which we spent at Paradise Beach which was lovely. Overall I would recommend this hotel highly as there is plenty to do for all ages. We had a great family holiday here .

Room Tip: We were in family room which was big and spacious. We had a side sea view on east side of complex wh...
2 Thank Fiona S
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to read that you chose to stay with us for your 7th wedding anniversary.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be picturesque and clean and that you enjoyed our restaurants .
Thank you for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced during your stay; I will be sure to share your kind words with all the team here.

I am truly grateful that you will recommend the hotel and will look to stay with us in the future.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed over May half term 2014. The hotel itself was great; rooms, common areas, pool and beach all clean. Food was good and wide choices (except disappointing fruit at breakfast!) and the staff were fantastic. We loved the fact that the all inclusive extended to the beach so you weren't restricted to the pool to make the most of drinks and snacks. The transfer time is also very short, although downside to that is that you are pretty much under the flight path but this didn't really bother us too much. Now for the bad points - personally I thought the evening entertainment wasn't that great compared to other resorts I've stayed at. Most disappointing though was the Splashworld - the whole reason we booked this particular hotel. The brochure does state that height restrictions apply - fair enough - but even though my 8 year old son was about 4cm over the height restriction he was still not allowed on anything other than the toddlers splash area and lazy river! I was told he was 'too thin'. My 10 yr old daughter was allowed on some of the other slides but she is in fact skinnier than my son! The two of us were not allowed on one of the slides because together my daughter and I didn't weigh over 100 kgs! My son was obviously extremely disappointed, especially when he could see that he was well over the height restriction - he wasn't even allowed on the 'family slide' promoted as a slide that all the family can go down at the same time. The staff in this area were seriously like the fun police (told off for other things too like not watching my son in the pool even though the lifeguard agreed with me that he could swim and was with his sister - she said I must be at the poolside to watch him rather than sat a little further away). If you have children who are between toddler age and teenagers (and heavy ones at that!) then do not come here as you will be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Emma B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide you feedback.

I am really sad you didn't enjoy your time at Aquatica Waterpark.

Some of our slides are extreme and our experienced lifeguards decide either the child is tall/heavy enough to use them or not.

The safety of all the children is our priority.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, the quality of the food and the service we are providing.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Fleet
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were attracted to this hotel for the splash world flumes and slides as we have children who love them. Unfortunately, even though the older kids in our group (who were the ones wanting to use these facilities and the reason for booking this hotel), met with the minimum height requirements - they were told that they were too LIGHT to ride on the inflatable rings! They were not allowed to ride on the 'donuts' in case they fell through as they were too thin?! Well, why not add a mesh cover to those inflatable rings to prevent that from happening?! It was health and safety gone mad! The kids were being accompanied and supervised by us, their parents and there were lifeguards present, but all three older children (10yrs, 8yrs and 7yrs) were only allowed on the toddler slides - and on those same donuts on the lazy river. On the other end of the scale, the hotel pool had no lifeguards at all, something which I thought would have been standard.

We did enjoy the hotel and beach and the standard of cleanliness was high, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good. If we go back we'll make sure to feed the kids up on a few more all inclusive holidays so that they meet the none specific and none existent weight requirements for riding on flume inflatables!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank J9EHO
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review!

Seems very clear that the hotel itself was indeed suitable, as of course we strive in our best efforts to offer the best to our guests always.

We are saddened that it seems you did not have an enjoyable visit to Aquatica Waterpark.
The fact is that our lifeguards are experienced enough to decide if the child is tall/heavy enough to use the slides.
I am really sorry if you felt disappointed, but please understand that we cannot risk any accident happens. The safety of all the children is our priority.

Thank you once more for your kind words regarding your stay at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Suffolk
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just returned from a 7 night stay and found the overall standard equal and above to most four star hotels we have stayed in over the years.
Lets get the negative points out of the way: (These are in my opinion just constructive criticism and did not cause any problems during our stay)
Lack of evening entertainment , there was some laid on by the team, but our party did not want to walk down the site, sit on hard concrete seats, with NO BAR and then when you walked back to the reception you would be lucky to get a seat on the terrace or reception. It is about time the hotel looked at this issue.

The rooms (ours were on the ground floor over looking the rear) were nice and quiet, the view was spoilt by the hedge and the weeds in the in the floor beds outside the rear door.
The mattress was very hard and after a few nights spoilt a good nights sleep. The shower heads in all three rooms would not stay up and stay straight
Lastly we paid 25 euro for a safe and had to carry round a key all week,( most hotels have a combination lock you can set yourself) and the safe in all three rooms were not bolted down to anything thing and could be lifted out of the room at any time.

Now the plus side:
All the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make sure you enjoy your stay. The girls at the pool bar and main bars deserve a special mention, they always had a smile and did there best to reduce the queues as quickly as possible.

The cleaners worked very hard all day to keep the grounds, public areas, and rooms very clean.

The restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly, we needed a table for 7 and they always made sure we did not have to wait more than a couple of minutes ant any time. The food was better than I expected after reading previous reviews, there was a good choice of breads, meat, salads, veg, pasta and the deserts were well presented and quite tasty. The pizza man made of the best pizzas we have tasted.

The entertainment team worked very hard to provide entertainment with out being pushy, the are being hampered in providing a top quality programme but lack of investment and foresight by the hotel owners.
To sum up we all had a very enjoyable holiday and would go to back to this hotel if every we came back to Koss and would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room for better views
3 Thank keith49
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your honest review.

I really appreciate all your suggestions and we are already working on improvements.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us.We pride ourselves on our service here at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach and I am delighted to hear that we made you feel comfortable and welcome.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here, especially our main and pool bars girls.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and we are looking forward to seeing you in the near future!

Cheshire
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel at the half term holidays at the end of May/early June 14 for 11 nights with my husband and 10 year old daughter. This review will compare to other 4 star inclusinve hotels I have stayed at - at the same time of year and paid a similar price.
This hotel is a 15 min transfer from Kos airport and has many positive featrues - really good staff service everyone is friendly and tries hard to accommodate your requirements as best they can. The gardens and communal areas are well kept and very clean. The hotel is situated on a really lovely sandy beach - which is spotlessly clean and there are plenty of sunbeds and umberellas for everyone. The sea is shallow and you can walk into it for ages and only get up to your waist - it's ideal for young children. The hotel provides free pedalos and canoes at the beach for hotel guests use - these are great fun and were always available. There are also water sports that you can pay for ie. paragliding /Jetskis etc.
At the front of the hotel is the new watepark - which is about a 5 min walk away. As the waterpark is brand new it is spotlessly clean and there are loads of free chairs and parasols available. There are 6 slides and a lazy river for you to try (although the park is not quite as big as I expected). For the youjnger children there is a splash park area.The big slides are aimed at older children (at least 10 yrs) and whilst my 10 yr old daughter went on some of the slides a couple of them did seem too big and too fast for her. Having said that the life guards are very well trained and are very quick to blow their whistle if there are any problems and deal with any incidents immediately and efficiently. You need to pay for any drinks that you have here as it is not part of the all inclusinve deal - but you won't spend a day here - it's not big enough - you will only probably stay an hour or so.
Rooms - are OK - on the plus side - ours was pretty big with 2 balconies and loads of storage space for our clothes and stuff. Down side is that the bathroom is a bit small with a shower over the bath and this is a bit hit and miss - Ok but not great. Also, I found that as our room faced the early morning sun the curtains didn't have blackout blinds - so if the sun was shining - the room was pretty bright very early in the morinigs. Safety deposti box is 35 euros for 2 weeks. Rooms a bit dated - no luxury feel but adequate.
Dining - really lovely food - always a good choice and plenty of variety - breakfast especially good - pancakes etc, although egg cups for the boiled eggs would have been useful. Dining room in the evening opens at 7.00pm - which always seemed really busy - it's a pity the dining room doesn't have a specific kids corner for their food - that has a food counter at the correct height level as the little children seemd to struggle with seeing and getting their dinner.
We had problems with the free WiFi at the hotel - it was really erractc - some days OK other not working so be aware of this - you couldn't always get on line when you wanted to.
The hotel is situated about 10 - 15 mins drive fom Kardemena - about a 30 min walk away. The hotel provides a courtesy bus to Kardemena a few times in the day and at 7.00, 8.00 and 9.00pm at night. Kardamena is Ok - few shops and bars/restuarants etc - nothing exceptional but pleasant enough to visit.
We had a pleasant time here - if I am honest we were a bit diasppointed with some aspects of the hotel - pool area got really crowded and the rooms weren't anyghing special - but the food was surprisingly good and the beach area was absolutley lovely.
I would recommend this hotel - but compared to some others I have stayed at at the same time of year - for the money it's not fantastic - but it is above average. Weather wise we had 2 /3 cloudy days out of our 12 days and had a relaxing and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Choose a higher up room for a view and ask for a larger room with 2 balconies if available
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LovelyTuscany
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Kos and for dedicating part of your precious time to review your experience.

Thank you for all the suggestions- the Guests' comments are very important to us.
We read them very carefully, aiming to a constant enhancement of our services.

We are really glad that you had a relaxing and pleasant stay at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach.

The Hotel Management.
Atlantica Porto Bello Beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Mitsis Summer Palace
Mitsis Summer Palace
#19 of 39 in Kardamena
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,191 reviews

Been to Atlantica Porto Bello Beach? Share your experiences!