“Beautiful Hotel & wonderful staff”

and 1 more site!
Atlantica Porto Bello Beach
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel & wonderful staff”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday (11-18 June) Beautiful hotel & great location. Every member of staff we encountered were so polite, helpful and pleasant. The food was varied and plentiful. The lady on the evening pool bar (I think it was Martina) was lovely as were all the bar staff day and night. They appear to have an extensive cleaning team, who are all constantly cleaning, either the poolside, rooms, toilets, restaurants etc. Our first choice holiday rep (Dan) was always on hand and very helpful and pleasant. Nothing seemed too much trouble for anyone there. The description of our room advised a partial sea view, to be fair we had a full sea view. My only niggle was the pool water was a little too salty, other than that it was a perfect relaxation break. The watersports just 2 mins away on the beach offer package deals for multiple activities, just make sure you ask. All in all a great holiday. :)

Room Tip: Our room was a standard one, but it was fit for purpose and had a full sea view (even though it stat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DHodgetts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Barnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were not disappointed with this hotel - matched up to previous reviews and website description. Only drawback was the steps up to our room - but I had asked for a seaview - which was 'wow'. Balconies don't allow for privacy - if your neighbours' were also on their balcony you felt that you had to make conversation as the dividers are low. Food and facilities excellent - entertainment in evening not so good. The show - we did only attend once and it was the first night of that particular show however, alot of it was in Italian with an Italian comedy sketch which we couldn't follow. The electronic piano player/singer on the terrace was alright for one night - but a bit of a change would have been nice. Good shuttle bus into Kardemena and also a bus available to go into Kos Town. Very, very nice holiday - thank you!

Room Tip: 'Sea View' = quite a few steps to room if you're getting on a bit in years!
2 Thank Vanessa T
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have just come home after 11 days at the porto Bella beach hotel in kos. We found that nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff especially Maria and Samitia who worked at the pool and beach bars. The food was nicely varied and every day some food was freshly cooked with the chefs doing the cooking in front of you. we had a choice of 3 themed restaurants as well as the main restaurant. The hotel had a water park included in the all inclusive package and although small was very good. The only criticism we had was that the evening entertainment was not worth watching. The hotel needs to improve the entertainment and bring in some professional acts. Entertainment aside we would definitely return to this hotel as it had and offered everything needed including gorgeous weather. Take a trip to Zia at night the sunset is amazing and Kos at night is magical too and well worth a visit. If you want to visit any other island check out boat trips in the local town of Kardemena as its a lot cheaper then booking through the reps. We booked a boat trip to Nyssoros and it cost less then half price for 2 of us booking direct with the boats captain then with the tour reps.

2 Thank kimmycis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came back from the Porto Bello Beach today & thoroughly enjoyed our week's stay.
It turned out that the beach is directly underneath the flight path for Kos airport and the planes are quite low and noisy, that said, there are maybe only 2 flights an hour at peak times on busy days and around lunchtime it is always blissfully quiet. If I'd have known about this before we booked, it would have put me off but it really wasn't an issue, I just think it worth a mention.
We booked as a last minute bargain break and were slightly concerned that it would be a busy/noisy family resort (especially with there being a water park) however the park is at the opposite end of the resort to the beach and, as we also steered away from the pool area, we bearly knew that there were children there.
Meal times were predictably busy but the staff manage admirably and plates are cleared straight away. Food was good if a little repetitive, even the fussiest eater should not go hungry.
I can't see why anyone would moan that this is not a 4* resort, we usually stay at 5* hotels and this didn't measure up too badly at all.
Evenings were quiet and although the entertainment teams work their socks off, the shows weren't to our taste at all.
Other guests were mainly Italian, German and Russian, certainly not a union jack short resort.
We didn't go on any trips or eat anywhere outside the resort but the surrounding area was pleasant for an evening stroll.
Overall a thoroughly relaxing and peaceful break.
Would heartily recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jayne S
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have returned from a holiday here and whilst we enjoyed it there are a couple of things that could be improved. There are not 13 pools as advertised and was the reason for booking this trip. The pool bar runs out of beer at approx. 1600hrs every day so we used the beach bar instead. You cannot get seated at the pool area at all as people leave their towels on the loungers all day. The food was of a reasonable standard although very repetitive. You have to book into the other restaurants 24hrs in advance which I would advise as you are not fighting the queues in the main restaurant. Kardamena town is very nice and there are many bargains to be found. I can recommend the Stone Roses bar for cocktails and excellent service.

Room Tip: Rooms on South side but do not expect the garden view as advertised
4 Thank Clug649
North pole
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is always clean and tidy a small complex but you don't need it any bigger! Lovly pool an beach . Sea is as clear as the pool. Food is just all inclusive food always find something. But the staff made the holiday great bar staff always freindly. The entertainment team will lovley asspecially Michelle always got a smile on her face a little bundle of joy forgot to push her in the pool I are last day. would of loved to of kept in contact but wasn't anuff time.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nonja-champ
England
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Myself, my 2 year old son and my mum stayed at this hotel for a week 3-10 June and we had a lovely time. The hotel was clean and welcoming. I had emailed the hotel a day before we arrived to confirm a cot in the room and to see if we could have a ground floor to make it easier with the pushchair and the receptionist emailed straight back and even made a special effort to come and speak to me when I checked in to say it was her who had emailed back and we do have what we requested. Very nice welcome. The family room we had (903) was very big and clean, perfect for us 3. The pool was lovely, I would just mention though that there were a few lose tiles around the childrens pool which need looking at, especially as it'd hurt the children more than the adults if they stood or tripped on these. You collect your towels from the spa which opens at 10am, I would say this would be better if it opened at 9am for fresh towels. The hotel is right on the beach, literally walk past the pool, straight down and round the corner, no roads or anything to cross. There were no animals on the beach nor anyone trying to sell anything. The sand was perfect, clean and bins changed regularly. The staff at the hotel were all great and I must say the older women in the restaurant working on the left balcony were very hard working and the younger waitresses were fantastic with the children, they always got us a highchair, lifted my son in and out of the highchair and always spoke and waved to him, they were a credit to the hotel. Could do with more staff at the bars though. I would just mention that 25 euros (non refundable) for the safe was a bit cheeky. And it was a shame that at the toddler part of the waterpark I got told off for taking my 2 year old down the slide, he is too young obviously to go down by himself but was eager to play on it, so think they rules should be changed, they were quite big slides so I wasn't going to break them going down with him. Overall the waterpark was fun and wasn't busy at all. Food was good, plenty of choice. I would say I was disappointed there wasn't an omelette station, and the scrambled egg I'm sure was powered egg as opposed to real eggs, but this was only a minor thing. My son loved the food and there was always ice cream to be eaten. I would recommend this hotel and would return here. But beds were very hard!

Room Tip: Email the hotel if you require something specific, they were very helpful and emailed straight back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank hope46
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

The Hotel Management.
Atlantica Porto Bello Beach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Akti Beach Club Hotel
Lakitira Resort & Village
Lakitira Resort & Village
#15 of 39 in Kardamena
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa

Been to Atlantica Porto Bello Beach? Share your experiences!