“Great Hotel, Ideal Location”

Cleopatra Hotels Kris Mari
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple times now, firstly in 1996 and most recently in 2010 although i have stayed in Kardamena about 7 times in total as its a lovely and relaxing place.
This hotel is located within about 1 minutes walk to the beach and seconds away from the bars and restaurants and shops and as a resident at the hotel you are also able to use the hotels facilities including their swimming pool at the hotel to your right as you come out the Krismari across the square at it is the same 'Cleopatra' hotel chain.
The hotel is ideal for anyone of all age ranges whether you are single, a couple or a family.
It is just what you want from a relaxing holiday stay, it is quiet and within walking distance of everything you need.
As well as a decent sized pool outside, there is a mini bar and enough sun loungers to go round, the inside of the hotel is clean and the rooms are good.
In the hotels foyer, there is a bar and a seating area to the side where you can watch tv.
The staff at the hotel are friendly and are on hand to help but to be honest the Greek people are friendly generally.
I will go back there myself again, hopefully it will be soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lestajesta

Reviewed 14 October 2013

,We stayed here july 2013 we had another fantasic stay at the hotel having stayed here before several times ,we travelled as a family with a 3 year old ,the hotel itself has everything you need ,the rooms are nice ,comfortable and clean.The receptionist Minas helped us change to a pool side view which we were very grateful for.The breakfast is continental which is nice,(the Sunbeam on the beach run by Andreas and his wife does a great full english breakfast if thats what you prefer ).The staff are so welcoming ,Rena and Minas on reception were such lovely people who were very friendly and helpful,even in the mornings Sara the cleaner always went out of her way to speak to us especially my little girl,and not to forget Tony the barman what a funny friendly person ! Unfortunatley we missed Manos the hotel manager in his band playing at the hotel on our final night.As for Kardamena itself its still a really nice place which we all enjoy, the locals are so friendly and it has many nice resturants,bars and shops ,overall this is a great place that i would definetly be returning to, where this time of year you can always guarantee hot weather. Alex,Sam & Poppy

Room Tip: higher floor pool side view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank samAlexPoppy
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Just returned from a two week stay at the Kris Mari. We previously had a good stay 4 years ago. Unfortunately things have changed. The rooms are now getting a little tired and the cleaners flick round each day with a sour mop. The main objection on my part is the loud music played round the pool from 10.15 each day. At times during nearly every day the barman flicked up the volume, for short periods, either at a bar percher's request or to wind one particular guest up. The style of music was rather up-beat and in no way relaxing. I may be 60+ but I still enjoy a good mix of music, but this was not a good mix. I complained twice about the volume. Nothing happened the first time. On the second time I was a little more forceful. The next morning we sat on our sunbeds and were approached by the barman and told that if we didn't like the music we should sit in the full sun at the other end of the pool where there were no speakers. We pointed out that the only spare shade was where we were sitting. This was all done in a loud voice so that all the people around the pool could hear the conversation. That evening I had a meeting with the hotel manager with the barman in attendance. The barman took control of the meeting and the manager sided with him. We agreed on a stale mate. For the rest of the holiday the receptionist just glared at me each time I collected my key, not even a goodbye on departure (she may have smiled behind my back as I walked out). Kardamena itself is getting very tired with many bars and shops closed and derelict and the streets are dirty. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan W
manovrb9, General Manager at Cleopatra Hotels Kris Mari, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

i checked personally the level of the music and it was rather low. if the music was so loud, how when the barman approached the guests to talk to them, everybody heard him ? the guest fails to mention that 50% of the sunbeds were empty, they constantly chose to seat right under the speaker (there are only three small speakers to cover a very large open area). in the meeting i sided with the barman because 1. i have personally diagnosed that the music was not loud at all, 2. Tony (the barman) is an educated polite young man that has always been very popular with the guests. my aim in the meeting was to point out that there is no reason for something like that to be blown out of proportion. we are here to offer a good time to people , not problems. Rena , the head receptionist, has been working in the Kris Mari for the last 15 years and there was never any question regarding her manners & professionalism. also the gentleman fails to mention that i made a point later during his stay to ask him if everything is ok. I am very sorry that we cannot please everybody , but at least we try. also it is mentioned in the guests comments that he walked out of my office stating that all was good "he had his say" and shook hands with Tony.
perhaps it is better if some people choose other hotels for their holidays, if what we offer does not apply to them. what we do is honest sincere and hospitable

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is the third time we have used this hotel and as a recommendation that speaks for itself. Nice hotel, good room service, nice and clean but average continental breakfast.

If you are traveling to this hotel and are thinking about booking the hotel again don’t book at the hotel, the prices are much cheaper back home on the net.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark_Hindmarch
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

3 of us stayed here in August 2013 paying 500 each. Upon arrival we were told we had to wait until the morning to buy air con, considering reception was 24hr I found this ridiculous. The room was very small even for 2 people let alone shoving a camp bed in for the 3rd person! I have stayed in hotels all over Greece (I am half Greek myself so aware of standards) this is clearly not a 3 star hotel! I stayed in a 2.5 star hotel this year that was better than this excuse. Pool area was clean but not enough sun beds, had to get up at 7 to put towels down. Breakfast was included and was basic but edible and everything was fresh. We had to pay for air con which I had no complaint about except it was useless! Seemed to blow hot air and 1 of the settings wasn't working. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody, and we were 3 20 something girls!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Vicki-the-Greek
manovrb9, General Manager at Cleopatra Hotels Kris Mari, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Miss,
you claim that we refused to sell you air conditioning for the first night. i am afraid i cannot agree with that. the reception staff at the Kris Mari are very experienced and they would never ever deny services to any guests. Your perception of Hotels rating is different to the ones of the EU, the official classification of the Kris Mari is 3 stars. I feel sad that we failed to please you, however our hundreds of repeat guests prove that we offer honest Greek hospitality.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just got back from kos. Hotel, as usual, was perfect. Room cleaned thoroughly every day. All staff friendly and polite. Nothing too much trouble for them. Contacted manos, the manager, just before we went on holiday and asked if it was possible for a high floor room with a seaview. Room 311 was perfect. Already looking to book for next year. If you are looking for a great hotel, great staff and brilliant position in kardamena then book this hotel or one of the sister hotels, the cleopatra superior and the cleopatra classic.

Room Tip: For great seaviews try to get any room from 301-312
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jan49ers
Reviewed 9 September 2013

my husband and i have stayed at the kris mari many times but this year i came with my family for a very specialreason which the hotel was aware of we had asked for a specific room for me and my family had another the room i requested i was given and the hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my family and myself wer looked after constantly nothing as usual was to much trouble especially at reception so what was a very difficult week for us was made so much easier by the staff at the hotel no wonder it has so many repeat quests kardamena was as usual fabulous u can relax have good food or enjoy the nightlife something for everyone hope to see u all again next year thank you all again for everything

Room Tip: ask for a pool or side view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family