To put this review in perspective you must know that we had a last minute deal: 7 days B&B for just £151 and stayed in room 203, so we had no complaints had we paid full whack we may have had a few reservations. I will get the down sides out of the way first because overall it is a good hotel. The breakfasts were disappointing. The same every morning. Tinned fruit cocktail and peaches, pallitable because of the gorgeous greek yoghurt and honey that accompanied. 3 choices of cereals (cheapo cornflakes). Basic cheese or ham, bread rolls. Toast and jam. some fresh fruit and croissants would be been nice but that is personal taste. Can't comment on other meals because the breakfasts put us off. The showers, which in all fairness is pretty usual in Greece unless you go all inclusive, were basic. Shower tray, curtain and non adjustable shower head which if in the wrong position turned it into a wet room. However, there was always hot water and the pressure was good. 5 euros a day for air con. The pool side rooms are in full sun all day, we were on the mountain side which is "cooler" but still hot. They could do with net curtains for the mozzies because if you leave the doors open you will be bit alive. The mountainside view is not all it seems, in between your balcony and the mountain "Beirut" comes to mind!
The hotel is known to be an "18-30s" hotel but we went before 2nd week in June and it was more family and older couples which suited us.As we are tea and coffee buffs we also took our own kettle. Room 203 was basic but always spotless, plenty of wardrobe and storage space, comfortable twin beds, TV and fridge.
Now for the good bits: The staff are so very friendly, the hotel has a lovely reception, breakfast and pool area. Indoor and poolside bar. Spotlessly clean. There was no entertainment on but that may be because it was early season. However, its sister hotel did put on a live music night if that's your cup of tea. It is a stones throw from the beach, supermarkets, bars and harbour restaurants. Being on the village side things are maybe a bit more run down but it is compensated for by much friendlier people, and cheaper prices. But you are still within a couple of minutes walk to the trendy Bar Street end. Our favourite places were Treasure Island bar, where we ended up every night. Good value snacks at As You Like, try the gyros. The Garden was ok but over rated. We dined at Captain's, Pelagos and Avli's, and a breakfast at Loustros but in all honesty, it is personal taste and you can go to any restaurant and get good food. we got a 3 bay boat trip for 20 euros from SailAway (ask for Dave), which included a BBQ on board.
It was a fabulous holiday and hope to be returning in September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3 star Hotel in the quiet part of the village but still within walking distance from the centre of Kardamena, with great tradition in customer satisfaction. Friendly local staff ensure that your holidays will be unforgettable. Guests of Cleopatra Hotels have free access to the facilities of all hotels of the group. Pool bar serves food, lounge bar with satellite tv, games room, swimming pool, 24 hrs reception, all rooms with sat TV, air conditioning (operates 15/6 -15/9 centrally controlled), safety deposit boxes (payable locally), hairdryers. Free wifi available in lounge area, internet access point available (payable for those who will not use their own computer). Our Hotels are ideal for couples of any age and families. For people that want to be near the center, where everything is happening, but also want to relax and get a good night's sleep. Large groups of youngsters should reconsider before booking in our hotels. Manos Hatzikonstantinos, Cleopatra Hotels General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and LoveHolidays so you can book your Cleopatra Hotels Kris Mari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Hotels Kris Mari Hotel Kardamena
- Cleopatra Hotel Kardamena
- Cleopatra Hotels Kris Mari Kos/Kardamena