Cala Blanca Sun Hotel
Hotel Spa Sagitario Playa(Cala Blanca)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$113
US$108
  • Beachfront
Santandria Playa Hotel(Ciutadella)(Great Value!)
US$103
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Club Andria(Cala Santandria)
TripAdvisor
1,459 results
All reviewsentertainment teamthomas cookbar staffplenty of sunbedsrelaxing holidayself servicebus stop right outside the hotelquiet areaevening entertainmentsmall beachlovely hotelplenty of choicedaily quizcommercial centrerifle shootinguntil midnightmeal times
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have just returned from an excellent last minute holiday in beautiful Cala Blanca. The hotel is spotless and the staff are all lovely, they work so hard and always had a cheery Ola! The food was good basic tasty fare with a choise of hot meal or salad. We never had to wait the staff were super efficient at clearing tables and keeping everyone happy. The bus to Cuitadella stops right outside the hotel and is well worth a visit. Cala Blanca is a lovely quiet resort with good walks along the coastal paths where we even encountered some very friendly donkeys ! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor at back of hotel didn't really get any sun but actually quite nice after a hot day.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lambos94
HiHotels, Gerente at Cala Blanca Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear lambos94,

Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel.

We shall be reminded by every positive opinion that it is key to keep up the hard work while we focus on any other aspect we can improve.

The Management.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

stayed here with a friend in July 2013. hotel was clean, room with a balcony but not much of a view as we were facing the front of the hotel - which can be quite noisy when people are arriving and leaving in the middle of the night, but I usually take ear plugs with me anyway. Food was plentiful and lots of variety, all at the right temperature but the queues were a bit strange. It is the first time in an all inclusive hotel that I have had to queue for a table and for food - I think the layout could be improved, which would solve the problem. The entertainment team were fantastic both during the day and of an evening. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The pool wasn't too cold (like some other hotels I have stayed in) and there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and in the gardens. There is a bus stop right outside the back of the hotel that goes in one direction and another bus stop just past the beach to go to ciutadella. The beach is only a 5 minute walk away - watch out for jelly fish day!! Recommended - the bar at the top of the beach on the right hand side - adults only, lovely pool and free if you drink there. They also have a massage cabana there and the girl is really good and not expensive. The area is lovely for walks and bars - I would definitely come back here and would recommend this hotel. Only reason I did not give 5 stars was because of the queues for food and the spirits come from a dispensing machine (although they were still drinkable). Thank you to all the staff for a brilliant holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bev226
HiHotels, Gerente at Cala Blanca Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear bev226,

We apreciate the time you have taken to share your experience in our hotel.

Thank you for the kind words about the food, entertainment, our staff. We are glad you had a good holiday experience.

As you well said, the queues at the entrance of the restaurant is something we are looking into and we have decided the hotel is going to be refurbished over the winter and one of the designated areas to improve is the restaurant. Our maître escorts all our guests to their table, in order to reduce the waiting time.

Thank you again for sharing your review, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back again at the Cala Blanca.

The management.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

stayed 5th to 19th May 2014
Good Points
on arrival at the hotel we impressed by the cleanliness and the attentive staff, the hotel is set in beautiful gardens that are well kept, the area around the hotel is sedate Cala Blanca bay and the restaurants are very good the commercial centre has some good tapas bars with entertainment at weekend, one of the tapas bars offered a 3 course meal x10 euros was good plenty of choice. Ciutadella is worth a visit the markets are on Friday/Sat the port and restaurants very clean and pretty. Mahon also worth a visit great place to spend the day the port is huge and so are the ships. Cala Bosch is ok .
Bad Points
As the hotel filled the queues for the restaurant grew waiting times could be 15-20 minutes some days, the food is average nothing fantastic, you could always manage to cobble a meal together. The alleged snacks were cheese/ham toastie or sandwiches tomatoes and now and then the odd cake and ice cream tubs which you are not allowed to remove from the restaurant not even fruit??????? this was every day no change.
the drinks are self service as you can imagine as the day progressed the bar got busier resulting in long queues. Drinks which were dispensed into small plastic glasses about 1/3 pint, so people were either bulking up or back and forth, Gin, brandy ETC and cocktails are also made automatically from a dispensing machine with a 6sec delay between vends (one machine=shots, one machine=cocktails) you do the maths. But they save the best for last. at exactly midnight the bar is closed and guests are ushered out of the room(which by the way cannot accommodate 300+ guests) the only place left to go is the decking to the front of the hotel, at about 00.15 all the lights are turned off except the footpath lights so you sit in the dark talking. my wife and I were sat talking with about with about 6 other people (NOT ROWDY OR SHOUTING) We were told not asked told to keep the noise down, we thought was a joke, 5 minutes later we had the evening receptionist and security guard threaten us with the police. this happened every time anyone sat talking, one night the police turned looked at us and left without saying a word, we had an average age of 45+ all sensible chatting?
The hotel during the 2 weeks was deserted after 00.20 no one about outside, you would have thought it was closed. I would imagine this is how it would be in prison when they have lights out?
The daytime entertainment was mediocre and the evening entertainment none existent.
While we were on holiday 2 staff left. To address this on the 11th day they brought in an act actual entertainment.
there was no staff for children's club
The walls are paper thin and so is the double glazing , you can here everything and I mean everything the halls are all tiled so noise is always present, should you be unfortunate enough to be between 2 rooms with children beware, we were moved 3 days after requesting, that night and every night after we had a compressor or similar running all night as we were above the kitchen we gave up.
The outside pool is freezing not heated although there is a life guard and is clean.
The kitchen staff congregated outside talking which we could hear them every morning around 6.30=7.00.
The hotel is far from a 3 star rating guests are treated like inmates, I did not expect this much abuse from staff while on holiday, the evening receptionist also complained to a young couple for them using their phone to listen to music. the hotel needs to address customers all customers needs, I did go to be intimidated by security staff, or to be told to be quiet and treated like a child, if this is the way they wish to do things they should supply an area to sit for those of us who wish to stay up past midnight. Better snacks including free ice creams, and an entertainment program day and night.
I have stayed in hotels from the Sol group in Spain these are far superior to these you have been warned.
I made out a CCF on site before leaving, if you have the same experiences make sure you do the same (Customer Complaint Form)

Room Tip: room 208 is over the Kitchen and A/C or compressor avoid, if you want sleep after midnight do not ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank george m

Dear george m,

Thank you for taking time to share a review from your stay.

We have also sensed the problem it is to have queues at the restaurant and our hotel is going to have some improvements and be refurbished this year. For this year, our Maître at the restaurant distributes all the tables and always escorts our guests to their table at lunch and dinner.

I am sorry to hear about the discomfort created when you were asked to keep the noise down. It is a perfectly well chosen option to sit outside after midnight and enjoy a conversation. Our security only asks to keep the noise down when someone has contacted reception to comment of the noise being made.

We turn off some of the lights off at the gardens after midnight while we leave lights on so guests can move safetly around the footpaths.

We have added a member to our entertainment team and our programme is stronger now, still we are constantly reviewing the acts and activities so we can always offer something to all likes, especially the children.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

The management.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We returned yesterday from our 10 day stay. Booked for my husband, me and our 2 children (9 & 11). A lovely clean hotel, with super friendly staff. I am a fussy eater but always found something to eat. Staff in restaurant lovely and took time to include the children. The entertainment during the daytime & evening was lacking initially for the children as most activities were catered for adults. This however is changing as they brought in Tiargo as the Entertainment Manager - who was just fabulous and tried really hard to make it entertaining for the children - even though at some points it was just my 2 in the mini disco. Great holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tracyol22
HiHotels, Gerente at Cala Blanca Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Tracyol22,

Thank you for taking time to share a review about your recent stay.

We are very glad your family and yourself had a good stay. Improving our entertainment is something we have been pushing lately and reading you sensed an effort from our staff is a good sign that will only make us work harder in that direction.

Thank you again for sharing an opinion.

The management

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent 10 enjoyable days at this hotel in May 2014, very clean, lovely helpful staff, we were on an all inclusive and the standard and variety of food was very good especially for a 3 star hotel. The dining room staff were excellent so friendly and helpful.The self service drink machines worked far better than I had imagined and caused no problems. The position of the hotel is very convenient, very near a pretty beach with lots of bars, a bus stop right outside the hotel with very frequent buses and very near to cliff top walks. Well kept gardens and swimming pool and plenty of sunbeds.
The evening entertainment was very poor but the management were obviously trying to sort this out as two staff were dismissed while we were there (I gather in the past entertainment was excellent). One down side to this hotel was the lack of anywhere to sit in the evening if you did not want to watch the entertainment, this would not be a problem later in the year as it would be warm enough to sit outside late into the evening.
I would certainly consider going back to this hotel. My only negative comment would be I was not happy with the position of my room. It was ground floor and the balcony did not get any sun at any time of the day, I would have loved to sit on the balcony at certain times of the day but it was always too chilly (maybe not in July/August) and the room was always cool verging on cold.I did ask the reception staff if it was possible to change rooms but was told the hotel was full. The holiday rep from Thomas Cook was happy to look into this for me but we were well into our holiday and felt it was not worth moving at that point. Apart from this the room was fine. I had requested a third floor room at the time of booking. If we were to book a holiday at this hotel again I would insist we were given a room on the sunny side.

Room Tip: Do not have a ground floor room some of them did not have balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa J
HiHotels, Gerente at Cala Blanca Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Teresa J,

Thank you for sharing a review from your stay at the Cala Blanca.

I have passed your positive words about the staff in the restaurant to each member of the team.

As you said, we have now added an extra member to our entertainment team who completes a stronger team.

We fully appreciate you positively consider to return, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back so you can also experience to stay in a different room.

The Management.