We have used this hotel twice (Feb 2011 and Feb 2012) and would go again. There are three hotels with some shared facilities and access to Jandia beach, which is really nice. The beach is very liberated and classed as a naturist beach. If you go down to the beach and turn left there are coves but the main beach stretches miles to the right. There are plenty of shops along its promenade and a town/harbour at the end of the beach, past the lighthouse. The transfer from the airport is a straight run but about 40 minutes or so depending on other drop-offs. The weather was mixed on both occasions and as you might expect here, it got hot but a bit windy some days.
We have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. As returning guests we were given a voucher to use the spar for a day (no treatment, just use of the facility.)
The hotel is pleasantly appointed, it is clean throughout and the restaurant is pleasant enough. The food is of a fair standard and you’ll never go hungry with so much choice. There are plenty of good drinks available and you can even pour your own beer at the bar or in the restaurant. Wines are served in bottles and there are good branded spirits freely available.
The rooms are spacious and quite comfortable but looking a bit tired in places although I believe that is being addressed. The pool looks fine with plenty of sun-beds about but we tended to take a towel down to the beautiful beach. If you venture into the Gaviotas, which overlooks the beach, the views are lovely. This hotel is mainly used by German tour operators but you are welcome there. You can use the 10-pin-bowling (at extra cost) the a la carte (get vouchers from reception) or simply enjoy the views of the beach from the roof top bar. There were a couple of occasions when the Gaviotas Park hotel did a Bavarian evening, allowing you to sample different food and beers.
Overall a friendly, casual atmosphere and we would definitely return again. Sorry this is late review but I've got a bit more time now and think a positive vote is important...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park hotel is an all-inclusive family hotel in Playa Jandia, Fuerteventura. Next to the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas and 200m away from a fine, endless sandy beach. Next to the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas and 200m away from a fine, endless sandy beach. It’s one of the most appreciated accommodations for family holidays with children or couples on the island, as the activities organised by the hotel are designed for all ages and all tastes. Beaches, sand, water. Fuerteventura has a warm climate throughout the year. Its beaches, and in particular the Jandia beach, are wide, with soft sands, deep clear water, and offer all types of sports. For the palate. Gastronomy is number one at both the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park hotel as well as its twin, the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel. Breakfast, lunch and dinner from the hotel buffet restaurant offer typical Canarian dishes, as well as Spanish and international cuisine. A full spa. (Charge) To achieve the full connection between body and mind, the SPA Sensations of the hotel practices ancient relaxation techniques. Using natural products, the team of therapists of this magnificent Jandia beach hotel spa develops wellness programmes catered to the needs of each client. The SPA Sensations at Fuerteventura includes a wide range of massages, facials, body wraps and water experiences, among others. Free premium Wi-Fi. Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Iberostar, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Lastminute and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Park Hotel Playa De Jandia
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura