I was not sure what to expect when I booked a holiday at Iberostar Palace. My past three trips were spent at Faro Jandia, and after a disappointing stay my partner and I decided to try out something new.
Overall Iberostar Palace has gotten very good reviews. I agree with most of them. The food is excellent. A lot to choose from and the quality is very good. We went for the "all inclusive" so we got the wine which was included in the deal. It was fine, but nothing too fantastic. The cocktails were pre-made - so if you expect an out of this world piña colada you will be disappointed. It is a piña colada mixture mixed with slush ice! :-( When they do serve a freshly made cocktail like a Mojito, then you either have to pay 3€ (having the all inclusive deal) or double the price if you are not in the all inclusive deal. I find it odd that they serve fantastic food and loose out on their drinks department.
The hotel is located absolutely smack bang on the beach and has a very calm atmosphere even though there are a lot of guests. The pool area is crowded. I am happy that we opted for the V.I.P area which was much quieter. When we checked in, we asked for an upgrade to the Superior room and paid 17€ per night. The room with the sea view which claims to be newly renovated was light and bright.
The few things that surprised me were the lack of electrical outlets, we could only find 2 in our room, where one of them was already taken for the table lamp. There was one in the bathroom.. just not the best place to charge ones iPhone!
The bathroom: hmmm we were not impressed. Outdated and small. We were surprised that there were no bathrobes and no bath slippers. It often had a foul sewer odor. Not pleasant.
The individual air-condition: it did not cool the room down. Even though I repeatedly asked the receptionists to get someone to fix it - nothing was done. Which led me to sleep on the floor and finally on the 3rd night shift the entire bed towards the vents of the air-condition to get some air. When we would step out of our room "3026" in the mornings/afternoons and evenings, it was always cooler outside.. just a bummer when one paid for luxury and comfort.. The receptionists always looked very understanding and jotted down the complaint again and again but nothing happened. There I can say that they really got my blood boiling.. *grrrrsss - sleep wise we were deprived of a proper good night's sleep. A shame. It is a deal breaker.
The pillows: I describe them as long, hard, neck breakers. If you like "your" pillow, then take it with you! We wish we had!
The pool towels: you need to deposit 10€ per towel.
The safe: It costs 16.50€ to rent - and a further 5€ deposit for the safe key
The internet: Again costs €€. That was too ridiculous to drain money into - if you need to go online, walk over to the Ventura shopping mall which is 5 minutes away from the hotel and there is an internet cafe which is very cheap.
Stamps: You can buy them from the kiosk. We bought some stamps called "Easy Post" from one of the shops in town and they didn't accept them in the hotel's post box.
Chema, Marcos and many of the waiting staff, the chefs, the maids are speedy, efficient, polite and keep everything moving smoothly. Hats off to them!
The Piano bar is a dark room with a piano which is not used! what a shame!
The entertainment... The sound was often too loud and distorting in the entertainment hall. The outdoor evening entertainment were either a duo performing with backing tracks accompanied by an electric guitar or a young lady with bad karaoke playback tracks. Nothing to send fan mail over. Why not turn off the music and just enjoy the sea waves!?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace is an excellent choice to spend a few days full of culinary offerings, rest, relaxation, and sports on the island of Fuerteventura. Its location next to the immense beach of Jandia – which is 25 kilometres long – is undoubtedly privileged and is an invitation to tour all of the points of interest and most famous beaches in Fuerteventura. The Fuerteventura Palace hotel offers comfortable, refurbished rooms and suites as well as a restaurant with show cooking, three bars, SPA Sensations with a thermal circuit and body treatments, a solarium with sea views, activities for children, entertainment for guests of all ages, free premium Wi-Fi, four pools, Miniclub, Maxiclub, Teenieclub, all inclusive, children’s playground, fitness room, meeting rooms, golf courses nearby and many more services and facilities. The guests that opt for the Star Prestige service have all kinds of exclusive services such as the Open Bar that serves drinks and fruit, chill out terrace with hammocks and Balinese beds, exclusive pool with solarium, VIP Prestige room with Wi-Fi and daily press... Those seeking a bit more exclusivity will find everything they need during their holiday in Playa Jandia, Fuerteventura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Iberostar, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Palace Fuerteventura
- Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace Playa De Jandia