“Not a 4* Not a 3*”
Review of SBH Jandia Resort

SBH Jandia Resort
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Playa de Jandia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is a combination of 3 Hotels, maybe a 2* being generous.

* Don't be misleaded by travel agencies ratings offering this resort as a 3 or 4 star hotel.
* Rooms/apartments with 70's furniture, old and falling apart
* No A/C
* No free Wi-Fi - chargable @ £25 per week
* TV reception only in German or Spanish
* When you go back to your room you literally enter a sauna room
* Depending where your room is, to go to the beach or to the restaurant be prepared to few ramps of stairs.
* the restaurant is old style, very crouded and if you're sitting close to the hot buffets it gets very hot as the A/C in only on the other side of the restaurant, by the windows.
* Food is average and mass produced, some days is very poor, primary school dinners taste much better.
* If you really know what good food is you'll avoid this place, if you're just stuffing yourself then it's the place for you if you go all inclusive.
* Drinks at the bar are of a very poor quality, forget asking for cocktails all you get in alchool with a fruit juice, very bland.
* Smoking is allowed everywhere apart from the main restaurant
* 9 out of 10 tourists are German
* 2 swimming pools of a decent size and well maintained

Would not recommend this place
the only good thing is the staff, always nice and polite, they do make the difference.

Apart from this, the closest shops, restaurants and bars a 5 min walk, nothing to comment as it is the usual tourist rip off kind of place.

Jandia Beach, be prepared for lots of wind, constant and sometimes irritating, high waves can spoil your day if you're not a surfer, otherwise it can be really dangerous to swim in those waves.

Overall, Fuerteventura is not a place to go again for us, didn't like it.

Room Tip: When booking ask for one of the new rooms DO NOT TAKE THE APARTMENTS!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank giulio c

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I bet my title has got a few of you captivated ( especially the nudity part) Well if you like to see 60+ year olds bits and pieces then this is the place to be!
The sun was indeed shining on my weeks stay that me and my family have just returned from today 22nd July 2012. Which is the only good thing I can say about this hotel and the surrounding area.
We arrived late at night so wasn't sup prised that the hotel was quiet but was a little concerned that the receptionist knew very VERY little English..... No biggy I first thought. The next morning we decided to adventure to see what the hotel & island had to offer. I will say one good thing for the hotel, the food for AI is excellent propper English beans at breakfast has to be a plus. The
pool was quiet but clean so seemed good so far....... Then we went to the beach that goes on and on beautiful white sand and crystal blue sea, GREAT I hear you say oh noooo unless you
like your kids to see many a white bottom and masses of mens nether regions!! Now I'm no prude but everything in it's place ( no pun intended) I for one don't agree for dirty old men &women letting everything hang in front of kids stick to your own bloody beaches!!!!!!!

Back to the hotel now this was clean( no air conditioning) and the food good but COME ON some entertainment would be nice I mean even a talking parrot would have done. But noooooo nothing zilch we have never wanted to come home from a holiday due to boredom before ever. Give me a crappy hotel but at least a few English speaking folk to talk to. This hotel do not cater for the English not in any way shape or form nor does the ickle sprinkling of restaurants nearby. Our fellow europeans were nice enough in that we felt safe and there was no trouble but this was deffo not for us!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Alademi
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed at the resort for an all inclusive break in mid June 2012 and had a fantastic time.

The staff cant do enough for you and the all inclusive is excellent, (Beer, Wine, Cava - anything you want anytime you want)

The food was really nice, all sorts of fish, meat and lots of fresh salad, veg, pizza, ice cream - also at meal time you can serve your own Sangria, Beer, Wine at the self serve bar.

The pool was really clean and we never struggled to get a lounger or area to chill out.

We went for a total relax from the hurly burly and that's what we did - but if you wanted to do activities then you could do anything with the activity team :

(football, shooting archery, table tennis, swimming comps, darts, pool, gym - list goes on)

As for the location it is ideal - the local beach is outstanding and the sea is quite warm - honest.

Also lovely walk (5 mins) to the shops, bars and restaurants - if you fancy a bit of buzz.

The only negative is the rooms and the simple reason that they are really dated and really bring the rating down.

However for the price and the fact that we were always out we were not too bothered.

Thanks for a great week, - I highly recommend Jandia as a place and the hotel for excellent value.

Chris

Room Tip: Just be aware the rooms are dated. If your happy with this then excellent break.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank christopher222
Reviewed 13 April 2012

:) :) :) 3 x smile, 3 x happy face, 3 x relaxation
It is very nice resort – perfect for a week escape from busy, stressful life
It’s not the newest but the value compared to the price you pay for it – is very very good
Excellent food , very friendly staff , good location – close to the beach and to the Morro Jable area which gives you more opportunities to enjoy for example shopping if you get tired of staying on the beach or at the pool area
Animation program is good enough, I think everybody will find something enjoyable
They are very well prepared to have international guests, bike or car rental is available on the spot, most facultative trips are also available directly from the hotel
The only disadvantage is pretty cold water in the pools but it is nothing really important to complain about
I would recommend it to all my friends especially in March / April when it is still cold in Europe and the pricing is very attractive !

Room Tip: there are 2 parts - new one with better rooms but best ocean view is in the old part
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Topolinco
Reviewed 9 April 2012

since the location is lovely, nice view and easy access to the long, sandy beach.The value for money is top : huge buffet-breakfast with tropical fresh fruits and juices, cooking-show, delicious pancakes : the whole lot really and even some little plus like cool Cava ( Spanish Champagne )! Diner offers a nice choice of salads, carved meats ( yes, true!) on demand and some fish dishes. The reception staff is efficient and very helpful, so is the African one of the restaurant. The first standard room I got had an terrible view on a messy parking lot but as soon as I mentioned my desapointment to the Dutch chief of reception, he offered me an apartment with a large terrace and a sea view in exchange. The pool is heated and quite pleasant.Still I'm not too sure all these valuable pros would make up for the very cons.
First this hotel is some kind of a German colony! 99% of the clients are German and some of them, not of the nicest type,rather the "heavy" and lloud...really loud...one. But most of all, at the opposite of the other Jandia locations, there is no security of any kind at night.. The entrance is wide open and it's not the night receptionists, often a young lady, who often stay at the back, who would prevent "unwanted" visitors to get in. Therefore what happened to me and according to "The Guadia Civil" happened before, would not come as a surprise. On the fifht night, while I was asleep in the room, some burglar broke in through the even locked balcony sliding door and took away all I left on the living-room table, phones, Ipad even my beach bag and all that was inside! Since my appartment was on the third floor and was the only one to be broken in, there is little doubt informations about my being alone and having some interesting stuff had been forwarded to whomever...apart of the shock and the fact I was left without any contact for the rest of the holidays, it's more the resentment I felt towards the hotel for not having looked after my security that gave me the worst feeling. So NEVER AGAIN! Better go to the lovely typical fisherman's village of Morro Jable, its sheltered white sandy cove, cosy pensions and wonderful restaurant La Farola del Mar...away from the busy promenade,facing the sea and enjoying the cheerfulness of Italian Denis as well as the best "Zarzuela" ever...at least a real good memory of all this dreadful holiday if any...

Room Tip: Not a "standard room" anyway...sea view or apartment...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank Quality-Pro
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I arrived at Jandia Resort @ 21.00 on 9/3/12-and was shown my room-which was awful-tatty and dated, with stains on carpets-not what I expected for a ***+ hotel- and certainly not for what I paid!

I said that I was not at happy- but ,as the hotel was full- I would have to wait till next day- eventually- after being offered 3 other options-which were worse- I was finally transferred to Monica Beach Club, in Costa Calma-what a difference- quality of rooms, and all other things to make a great holiday were fantastic- so at least- my final week was the best out of three!!

To conclude- Jandia Resort is long past its best- and should be closed for a full refurbish- although, it is very clean, and food is great- if you can get past all these rude people who claim their own place, even tho' they are told they can't!!

Room Tip: Monica Beach has an older dated part-but I was lucky to get a new build part to the left, looking at...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
12  Thank Crian
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We booked a room and paid the extra for a sea view, and on our arrival we were offered an `upgrade` to an apartment which we thought would be better, but of course it was not, do not accept this, after exploring all the hotel, and there were three made into one, only the rooms in the hotel itself are of an acceptable standard. My tip to anyone booking is any room with a four figure number is going to be in the old sections and the better rooms have three figure numbers.The staff surely know the apartments are not nice, so after asking for a change straight away we were moved the following day.
The food is ok and there is a lot of it. The drinks are also ok. The staff are very good and friendly and the whole hotel is kept very clean.
The beach is lovely and clean and i found on one day there were a lot of jellyfish washed up and on trying a swim in the afternoon was stung, but all other days there were none so a look before a swim would be a good idea.
I would go back to this hotel but only if i could guarantee getting the right room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
#9 of 16 in Morro del Jable
Occidental Jandia Mar
Occidental Jandia Mar
#18 of 73 in Pajara

Been to SBH Jandia Resort? Share your experiences!