Short 5 day stay at this hotel in a Ocienview family room.
Room size was good for 2 adults and one baby. Decoration a bit poor but the views from our terrace were stunning, being only 50m away from the beach with no building restricting the views.
Staff was very attentive and helpful. They took care of all our baby related needs and generally made our stay very pleasent.
Another thing nice to mention, we always found free chairs on all swimmingpools even though the hotel was fully booked.
Only negatives were the condition and design of the room:
On closing the door, the doorframe came down, nearly missing the head of our baby! They appologised and fixed it within minutes but nevertheless, it shouldn't happen in a 4 Star hotel. The general colours and furnitures used, remind of a the Spanish countryhouse decoration of the 70s. I'm not a designfreak but they honestly should try put some life into the rooms.
The Spa : Good sized thermal parcour, moslty empty. 12EUR the entry for the day or for free if you have book a massage. I had one amazing Bali massage and a terrible experience with a 4hand massage. The hotel staff again saved the day and reimbursed me a big part of the Spa bill.
So all in all a pleasent stay, mostly due to the excellent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is located on the sea front at Jandia, which is 25 kilometres long and is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Fuerteventura, It’s the ideal hotel for couples and families with children because of its complete offering of services and facilities. It features 355 rooms and suites with multiple capacities. The Star Prestige rooms are of special note, allowing guests aged 16 and over to access exclusive services, including a VIP zone with a pool and Jacuzzi, open bar, reading room and direct beach access. With the aim of helping guests make the most of their holiday, the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel offers a wide range of activities and services including a SPA Sensations with incredible treatments for body and mind, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, two pools, Miniclub, Maxiclub, children’s pool and park, fitness room, daytime and night-time entertainment, a bowling alley, babysitting services ($), tennis court, as well as two restaurants and five bars. A little bit of everything for everyone at the Playa Gaviotas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Iberostar, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura