We stayed at this hotel from 16th to 23rd November. Having stayed in Jandia twice in the last decade we knew what to expect in the resort.
Last time we stayed in the excellent Fuerteventura Palace, and whilst there we spotted the newer Gaviotas Playa Hotel which was completed in the year 2000.
When booking check that you are allocated this hotel on the beach and not the Gaviotas Park which is set further back, as they are linked in the brochures and the photos are somewhat misleading.
From a warm greeting at check in, we were allocated a Senior Suite, as requested by Rafael, who gave us an excellent first impression of the hotel.
Our suite was wonderful, on the 4th floor, it overlooks the beautiful beach and the constant sound of the sea is audible,drifting off to sleep at night hearing it was heaven!
As expected the room, and bathroom were clean and the maids work so hard to make it so and we loved the little quirky touches they arrange in the rooms. We also had an evening turndown service and the choccies were nice to nibble on the balcony last thing at night. Also the bathroom was checked and fresh towels were left if needed.
We have stayed at many hotels in the USA and Canada and this hotel is right up there with them, so thank you to the housekeeping team.
The bar staff also deserve praise for their excellent service , the fact that no cash is taken is a
good idea as the staff do not have to use tills and at busy times everyone is served so quickly.
We used the Corona Bar in the lunchtimes and evenings and it is beautifully situated on the 6th level and has a wonderful view over the sea and beach. Loved being there around 6pm to watch the sky changing colour as the Sun set.
The main Restaurant, Atlantico, is buffet service , as is the norm now in these large hotels. There is also an A la Carte smaller restaurant , reservations apply, but we did not use this as we were quite happy with the buffet. The evenings are very busy as would be expected, but at least there are no sittings arrangements and you can dine between 6pm and 9pm which is great as you can tailor your evening around this.
The restaurant staff are lovely, as you would expect from Iberostar. Can't remember all their names as we sat at various tables through the week, but the young lady called Ruth was exceptional in all ways in her friendliness, efficiency, and personified the aims of Iberostar in its high expectations of its staff. Ruth seemed to dash around the various bars and restaurant through the days, and I just hope they let her go home sometimes! Thank you Ruth ,I hope the management appreciates you, it was a pleasure to meet you.
The Animation Team is also excellent and the shows which they did were so enjoyable, especially the " Boogie Nights" evening, the dancing was so professional. The team leader Ray was also an exceptional member of the Iberostar staff.
We didn't join in any of the activities in the day as we preferred to go out walking on the beach and to the lovely little town of Morro Hable.
Maybe my only disappointment was that the Jacuzzi was available only in the upgraded Prestige area of the hotel , but the pools were lovely, and warmer in the early afternoons when the sun had done its work!
The only negative of our stay was our double bed, which was lovely and roomy but a bit hard for us. Maybe Iberostar could introduce the American style beds which are SO comfortable and luxurious.That said, we did sleep well most nights after our busy days enjoying ourselves !
The guests were mostly German people, but that never bothers us as we find they are not rowdy or unpleasant, and despite the amounts of free alcohol being consumed, we did not see anyone drunk, merely having a good time. Very refreshing for British people to see this. With my schoolgirl German I evening managed a few little chats with some people and found they were delighted that we were making an effort, and they also tried to speak English back to us.
So, to sum up, we had a perfect holiday, lucky weatherwise, lovely to be away from COLD Britain for a week. With a lovely hotel to enjoy, great Iberostar staff, good food, and plenty to do.
Thank you to all and we are left longing to return.
PS the coach transfer dropped us at the Gaviotas Park Hotel, despite our telling the driver that it was not the right hotel. Also picked up there for the Airport transfer. Obviously that is not the hotel's fault but something to point out to the Tour Company's Rep. It's not far to walk but a bit of a nuisance when you have luggage to carry. Note also that the British Reps operate only in the Gaviotas Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is an all-inclusive Spa Hotel in Fuerteventura, right on the beach of Playa de Jandia. This 4-star hotel with spa, gastronomy and sports is specially designed for families and couples. This modern hotel overlooking the ocean in Playa Jandia has all the ingredients for enjoying an unforgettable holiday in Fuerteventura: an environment of great beauty, relaxation and fun in equal parts, exquisite Canarian gastronomy and spacious, comfortable rooms. If you want to have a real luxury holiday in Fuerteventura, try the Star Prestige new area for guests over 16, offering wonderful rooms and exclusive services. Star Prestige: Discover our new area and get exclusive services and lots of benefits. Book your room at the Star Prestige new area and get personalised service, refurbished rooms facing the sea and the beach in Jandía, high-end beds, premium amenities in the room, pool, whirlpool tub and sunbathing area by the seafront promenade affording amazing views, chill-out terrace with loungers and Balinese beds for rooms with direct access to the Star Prestige sunbathing area. Exclusive fitness room, open bar serving beverages and fruit all day long, free Wi-Fi, VIP Prestige room to read newspapers, have a drink or watch TV (flat screen), late check-out for free (subject to availability). A paradise for families. The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is designed for the entire family with an entertainment program for children, adolescents and adults. Younger children will enjoy the various activities organized at the Mini-Club, Maxi-Club and Teenieclub, while the adults will have a great time in the Bowling Bar New spa sensations. This spa hotel in Playa Jandia offers guests an exclusive SPA Sensations: a spa with Jacuzzi, beauty and treatment centre is the perfect place to disconnect from the world in Fuerteventura. Developed from ancient Asian techniques and traditions, this relaxing place invites you to discover a new world of experiences and sensations. Excellent gastronomy. The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas is a culinary resort prized for its quality cuisine. In any of the bars and restaurants of this Playa de Jandia resort you can enjoy the pleasures of exquisite domestic and international cuisine. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Iberostar, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Iberostar Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura