There are 3 iberostar offerings with the front doors within 500 m of each other, each has it's own strengths I guess. When dropping off we deposited about 5/6 couples with there kids at the 'park' door and were given our cases too and so walked through the grounds of that hotel to get to ours, wrong choice, service and annoying after long journey, you follow the road down in minutes or tell him to put cases back on if it's likely to be hard work for you.
The hotel is predominately German occupied and apart from 1/2 amusing bits it is probably best as the hotel splits it's self kindly into two areas one with heated pool that kids remain round and another more serene and chilled which is almost adults only, we found it fab with amazing views of the beaches below, you feel you are on a cruise ship at times.
Bar areas there are two restraunts on the pool levels one of which is a day time bar and burger type place the other is the main buffet beside it is the speciality themed Spanish and Italian ,there is also the evening entertainment place which is good though totally German orientated in my opinion, none the less it is good.The hotels real selling point is the veranda bar on the 6th floor overlooking the pools and beaches with ocean view it is spectacular and serene day or night and a great place to chill out and have cocktails Jonny walker red label or whatever brand you fancy, baileys etc are all the proper brand, moonlight spectaculars and old time dancing som middle of the road singers on while we were there just made it even more chilling lovely large couches or tables for 3 Along the edge of the balcony were always available- never had to wait on one.
Food was one of the reasons we chose iberostar as we had been previously and had used that as a yardstick for the quality of every other hotel to match, unfortunately either our expectation was to high or we have had too many all inclusives as it has a very high standard but didn't hit the spot exactly somehow even though I think there sweets were probably the best encountered. We have had hotels where steak was offered couple of times a week and very tasty, here we had it one all on view looked same and came out on the tough side, had really nice pork loin and lamb chops on a few evenings there was carving of lamb/ beef. Of the specialities we had two distinctly different experiences Italian great and due to a muddle with tickets we were a bit 2nd class as we were being squeezed in- felt like it with a large Spanish family coming in after us and served all water and wine before us- after that it caught up fine food really nice but you won't over fill yourself even though it is 5. Courses. Would have liked some better quality steak and as the whole world seems to enjoy a curry or Chinese I am not sure where that recipe book has hidden itself, chilli anything with a bit of spice to it would have been very welcome.
Staff are amongst the best ever experienced and very very friendly and helpfull. The drinks, we got through a lot of cava in our time always chilled to perfection, the white initially was always the same although on our last 2 days we struggled to get chilled as we were either late or there had been a rush on, two varieties to choose from would have liked a bit more of a range on hindsight but the rose was fine didn't try reds.
Overall would go back in a heartbeat one of most memorable hotels ever- iberostar appear to be looking for you to upgrade to everything the cost of upgrading to the premium was130 euro per day!! Sorry iberostar I want a holiday for that! It didn't appear to have two many takers either.i did email ahead and advised it was our 20 anniversary in the hope of some sort of bargain lol and I think we got it in a free upgrade to a side sea view which was lovely. We were taking bottles of wine to the room to enjoy that pity they just don't ask what you want in fridge but it's not a big deal they do leave water. Had a brilliant time and would go back at the right price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is located on the sea front at Jandia, which is 25 kilometres long and is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Fuerteventura, It’s the ideal hotel for couples and families with children because of its complete offering of services and facilities. It features 355 rooms and suites with multiple capacities. The Star Prestige rooms are of special note, allowing guests aged 16 and over to access exclusive services, including a VIP zone with a pool and Jacuzzi, open bar, reading room and direct beach access. With the aim of helping guests make the most of their holiday, the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel offers a wide range of activities and services including a SPA Sensations with incredible treatments for body and mind, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, two pools, Miniclub, Maxiclub, children’s pool and park, fitness room, daytime and night-time entertainment, a bowling alley, babysitting services ($), tennis court, as well as two restaurants and five bars. A little bit of everything for everyone at the Playa Gaviotas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Iberostar, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura