We really enjoyed the hotel. It is mainly German guests as others have said, but this didn't bother us at all as they were very friendly. A good range of food is provided and varies each night. The restaurant and cleaning staff are very friendly and helpful which was nice. In all we enjoyed our stay. A few things though which are worth knowing before you book/go:
1 - The location is VERY windy. It didn't cause too much of a problem for us but, when on the beach, the sand can be swept up which is a little uncomfortable, but, the location is good for surfing, sailing etc.
2 - On arrival you are asked to specify a time you will eat your evening meal for the duration of your stay. Either 6:30 - 8:30 or 8:30 - 9:30, and this varies the colour wrist band you are provided. We weren't very happy about this, as we pointed out, as if you go out for the day etc you might not be back on time for the earlier slot etc. We were told they had to control the number of people in the restaurant but they don't try to control the number of people at breakfast...
3 - The 'infinity pool' which is advertised with the hotel is only available to VIP guests (who have grey wrist bands). You can pay for this as an extra on arrival but, without paying you can only use the main pool area.
4 - The beach itself is not owned by the hotel. The sun beds provided on the beach are run by a private company and you again have to pay extra if you want to use them. The beach is also a little way from the hotel (the main restaurants and pools are on the 5th floor -- you have to go to the ground floor and walk down a path to reach the beach). Also with this, there is therefore no drink or food facilities by the beach which are run by the hotel. You can get food but you pay extra to a private company.
Some other points: The beds are single beds, pushed together (from what we could see) so you don't get a double bed (although some rooms may be different). There is a safe in the room but you have to pay to get a key from reception to be able to use it paying around €17 per week ish). Before we left a number of reviews said you had to pay for towels. From our experience this is not the case. You have to pay a DEPOSIT (€10 per towel) which is refunded when you depart.
Overall though we did really enjoy our holiday. Although we would not return to this hotel, we would stay in another Iberostar in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is an all-inclusive Spa Hotel in Fuerteventura, right on the beach of Playa de Jandia. This 4-star hotel with spa, gastronomy and sports is specially designed for families and couples. This modern hotel overlooking the ocean in Playa Jandia has all the ingredients for enjoying an unforgettable holiday in Fuerteventura: an environment of great beauty, relaxation and fun in equal parts, exquisite Canarian gastronomy and spacious, comfortable rooms. If you want to have a real luxury holiday in Fuerteventura, try the Star Prestige new area for guests over 16, offering wonderful rooms and exclusive services. Star Prestige: Discover our new area and get exclusive services and lots of benefits. Book your room at the Star Prestige new area and get personalised service, refurbished rooms facing the sea and the beach in Jandia, high-end beds, premium amenities in the room, pool, whirlpool tub and sunbathing area by the seafront promenade affording amazing views, chill-out terrace with loungers and Balinese beds for rooms with direct access to the Star Prestige sunbathing area. Exclusive fitness room, open bar serving beverages and fruit all day long, free Wi-Fi, VIP Prestige room to read newspapers, have a drink or watch TV (flat screen), late check-out for free (subject to availability). A paradise for families. The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is designed for the entire family with an entertainment program for children, adolescents and adults. Younger children will enjoy the various activities organized at the Mini-Club, Maxi-Club and Teenieclub, while the adults will have a great time in the Bowling Bar New spa sensations. This spa hotel in Playa Jandia offers guests an exclusive SPA Sensations: a spa with Jacuzzi, beauty and treatment centre is the perfect place to disconnect from the world in Fuerteventura. Developed from ancient Asian techniques and traditions, this relaxing place invites you to discover a new world of experiences and sensations. Excellent gastronomy. The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas is a culinary resort prized for its quality cuisine. In any of the bars and restaurants of this Playa de Jandia resort you can enjoy the pleasures of exquisite domestic and international cuisine. Free premium Wi-Fi: Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to three devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Iberostar and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Iberostar Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura