“Superb. Fantastic stay!”
Review of HD Beach Resort

HD Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

As a 21yr old staying at this hotel with my younger brother we had a great stay. The hotel is superb and very modern. There was so much talk on here about it being very German and yeah there are a lot of German guests but more and more English, French etc arriving each day. No matter what the nationality all of the staff were polite and extremely helpful! The hotel is ideally situated and a short walk to the main Las Cucharas beach and main area of Costa Teguise. It's a quiet area and it was very relaxing.

We went on a day trip with Customer Travel who have a little shop in Costa Teguise. Visited the volcanoes and went camel riding! A full day for 45 euros which includes a buffet lunch. Well worth doing!

All in all a fantastic holiday, lovely free spa for all inclusive and fab entertainment team.

Thank you HD Beach Resort! :)

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Grant R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,485)

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here mid may for a break after our wedding. We are a couple in our early 30's and had visited costa teguise before.
All in all the hotel itself is modern, clean and structurally beautiful.
The evening entertainment kicks off at 9pm every night. We made an error thinking it would be aimed at adults by starting at this time- big mistake. It was a German orientated fiasco.
The food for us was not great. Very hit and miss and again mainly aimed at a German market.
The drinks were awful. The 'cocktails' were cheaply made using squash instead of proper juice.
My advice- go for room only.
All inclusive is not worth it. There are some great bars and restaurants in the town that serve very reasonably priced food. Some places do a breakfast for €2!!
Having said that, breakfast was possibly the only edible meal of the day.

Don't be out off. The hotel is great but the food is just not good at all.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 11 June 2013

A lovely hotel which far exceeded any hotel we've ever stayed at in The Canary's. Rooms cleaned thoroughly, daily and choice of food was very good (even for our very fussy 8 year old). Entertainment was German spoken with very little English, it was however still entertaining. English children were not really included in activities though which was a shame. It would have been the perfect holiday had we had sunshine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank WalkerLJ
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We got back from the HD Beach on Thursday after holidaying there for a week, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the nicest hotel we have stayed in (both in the UK and abroad), and catered for everyone well.

I travelled with my hubby and 2 children (age 1 1/2 & 4) and we booked a suite. The suite was particularly good as we had a separate bedroom, with massive double bed (actually we discovered this was 2 singles pushed together but this didn't affect the comfort) and blackout curtains. My little one had a travel cot in the bedroom. We ended up putting both children to sleep in here as it had black-out curtains, which meant that they didn't wake at the crack of dawn with the sunrise (sneaky!).

The bathroom was very modern with a power-shower, 2 sinks, a range of toiletries, a toilet and a bidet! I found the shower more convenient than a baths as it was easy to get the children washed and sorted for the evening meals.

The living room had a comfortable sofa (which had a pull out bed slotted underneath), a flat screen TV (mainly German channels), a fridge, coffee-making facilities, kettle, microwave & glasses.

We were on the first floor, but our terrace was poolside. At first we thought this would be a problem as there was no barrier between our terrace and the pool-side, but this soon became a bonus. It was easy to get the children sorted and nip in and out to the pool. When my little one was sleeping, I was able to read my book on a sun-lounger on the terrace whilst my 4 yr ols played next to me ( and the hubby went to the gym). There didn;t seem to be sun-loungers on the upper floors with balconies.

The pools were gorgeous. Very clean. We tended to stay at the higher level pool (a kidney bean shape with a smaller childs pool slotted next to it). It also had submerges sun-loungers which turned into jacuzzi style beds.

The lower pool was also clean and had a children's pool with water slides etc next to it. There were always free loungers, and considering the hotel was full when we stayed, it never felt busy.

Food in the hotel was excellent. The salads were varied and delicious. There was an abundance of main courses (many fish dishes, freshly griddled meat, rice dishes, pasta, etc.). One night they had chinese food, another chicken kebab style wraps). There were always fries if you wanted them, but this were the only fried food on the menu.

Te bar area was also the entertainment area. This was smaller than I had expected and was fine for us (as we have children), but wondered if we would have liked a separate bar area if we had come as a couple??? There was an area outside which looked extremely comfortable, but did not try it.

The hotel is smack-bang on the beach. We went down to build sand castles and have a run around. The only problem is that the sea area is very rocky. Too rocky to paddle or swim in. It would have only been about a 15 minute walk to a much sandier shelving beach, but time flew and we did not go to this one.

We found out on the last morning that we could hire bikes free of charge, so we did this on our final afternoon. Well worth doing. We hired 2 bikes with child seats and biked to the end of the coast/promanade and back. You also get 2 days free entry to the water park (this was a bit old and tired, but good fun and good for smaller children as well as big ones!) and I believe I could have had a free wind-surfing lesson (this was just through word of mouth though).

All of the staff were brilliant. Restaurant staff worked so hard but were always courteous and friendly. They were exteremly efficient and all places/tables were always clean and set. The chefs also liked to have a conversation and a laugh. All staff were very attentive to my children (which they loved), and made an effort to communicate with them. I can't praise the restaurant staff and chefs highly enough.

For those who have never been to lanzarote before (as I hadn't), it was very windy. I know it is known to be breezy but on many days it was very windy. Don't let this put you off, I got a great tan, it was just windier than I had expected.

There was a mix of holiday makers (families, young couples, older couples, singles, german, british), which made the stay all the more enjoyable. We got to meet and chat to a wide variety of people.

All in all, we had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing holiday. Often people say that a holiday with 2 young children can not be relaxing, but it really was. A lot of that is to do with the hotel, and the ease of everything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank curlylady
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This review would have been excellent, but they tried moving us to another hotel due to be over-capacitated. Needless to say, after a 3 hour wait at the airport & a 4 hour flight, we were going nowhere!

The hotel itself was top notch.
Good apartments, great sunbathing area, excellent facilities (although the gym was mediocre).
All in all, excellent value for money. Recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I stayed for one week at this hotel from the 13th May 2013.
Every thing was excellent and believe me I am very fussy.
Our Junior Suite with views of the beach was excellent.
The bathroom was big and roomy, we had plenty of fresh towels and it was spotless.
We had two queen size beds put together to make a very large double.
There was every thing you could need, air con, hairdryer, a little kitchen section with coffee machine, kettle, toaster, micro and fridge. We only used the fridge to keep our big bottle of water cold and also our carton of milk, that we bought at the supermarket, two minutes walk away on the main road.
The sunbeds are of a good quality and plenty of them, the pools are very nice, yes the water is a bit cold when you first get in but as I was doing 20 minutes swimming at a time, I soon warmed up and it was fine. A big flat screen TV, shame only CNN as news or English and all the news was based in Europe and Asia, did miss Sky news which is what we usually find abroad but maybe in hindsight, this was a good thing.
There was a mix of European clients, every one was polite and there were not any problems.
The food was superb, we ate 3 times a day, we felt a little bit greedy but colud not help ourselves as everything was so fresh and tasty.
They do serve french fries on most nights if you want them But be warned if you are a McDonald, KFC or junk food fiend this is NOT the place for you or your family.
The red wine we had with our evening meals was very good. The G+T and cocktails excellent, the bar staff work very hard and are very efficient.
The entertainment catered more for the German clientele and kiddies But the staff work their
socks off, they also would come around asking if you wanted to join in with aqua aerobics, volleyball etc, I liked the way they were very friendly and polite but once you said no, they respected this and left you alone. The kids entertainment in the day is by the Junior pool which was good, as we were at the more Adult pool, as I work all week with kids, I wanted to be as far away as possible so I could relax and chill out.
The cleaning staff did a terrific job in keeping everything clean and our suite was kept spotless.
I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff including the restaurant staff, very efficient and friendly.
On our departure we were up at 4.30 am and in the foyer waiting for our taxi, the night porter was very friendly and offered us coffee as we were waiting, he then wished us a safe journey home, when our Taxi arrived. Excellent service and something I have rarely experienced even at 5 star establishments.
Well done, H D beach resort.

PS, The weather was 50/50 with cloudy cooler mornings, we walked along the prom and then back through Costa T to make a loop, which took us about 40 minutes, twice a day, that and the quality, variety of the food and I came home 4lb lighter too!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank goldie2353
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just returned from a 10 night stay at the HD Beach Resort,all i can say is wow what an superb hotel.The rooms were huge and very modern and the bathroom was also huge with his and hers sinks,the rooms were cleaned very well every day.At first i was worried as we were above the entertainment room and outside drinking area but i need not have worried as at midnight all was quiet.The food is the best all-inclusive i have ever had ,lovely selection and something for everyone,and never a problem to get a table,the staff in the buffet are always cleaning tables and topping up the food dishes before they are empty.Although this is a german hotel there were many english people there.There is two things that were a little dissapointing one being it would have been nice to have had an adults bar as i understand the children are on their holiday and want to join in all the evening activities and watch the shows,but a quiet bar would have been nice and also there was no pool bar on the first floor swimming pool and was a bit of a pain to go up and down stairs or lifts just for a drink,but in all i had a lovely holiday and would definately go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
#10 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort

Been to HD Beach Resort? Share your experiences!