“Amazing”
Review of HD Beach Resort

HD Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just returned from 10 amazing nights in this hotel. Being a regular holiday maker I was not sure what to expect having read previous reviews on this hotel, however it blew my and my family's expectations out of the water. We arrived late and had missed dinner service being after 10pm, but upon checking in we were told they had booked us tables at 10.30 and to go to rooms and freshen up. This was great as we had three children who were quite hungry. The junior suite was fantastic. Very modern and a great view. No bath which did cause a fuss to my 2 year old on the first night as didn't like shower but got past it easily enough.

The food was something which worried me but this was the best food for an all inclusive we have experienced. Great to have a separate kids section and plenty of places to get beverages during service. Staff were great and friendly to the kids. BBQ night was our favourite, fresh steak was awesome. Did book in for Italian restaurant and was good but don't forget your not in Italy so don't expect it.

The hotel was clean and all staff serving staff cleaners chefs were so friendly and a credit to the hotel. Irwin the barman can knock up some strong drinks.

As for the entertainment and having 3 children in the group we wanted to make sure they had a good time too. 1,3 & 5 year old don't speak german so was concerned how they would join in. All I can say is they loved it, even been trying to find the songs on YouTube now we are home fit them to dance too. The entertainment staff work very hard, speak to everyone and are amazing. Even I got up with my son on one if the songs to dance with him and lived it.

The hotel is awesome in a great location, watch out on the beach it's a bit rocky but 10 mins away there's a golden beach. Couple of cats roam the front but stayed away from them as not my kind of thing.

Ventured to waterpark, which could do with a splash of paint and a few repairs but got free tickets through hotel so not complaining if not paying. A few nights we walked further dine to Popeyes. Great drinks but only had a couple as why pay when you get them free at hotel?

All in all this was the best holiday I've ever had. Can't stop talking about it. I would love to go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Northeasttraveller81
There are newer reviews for HD Beach Resort

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

My partner, my son and I aswell as some friends visited this hotel from 19th -29th sept 2013. We arrived at the hotel at around 9:30pm checked in & got directions to our room. Right next door to our friends which was good. The friendly receptionist then told us to come back down to reception for 10:30 as they had kept us a plate of food each cold meats, cheese, fruit etc which was fab after a long day travelling! The hotel staff , rooms and food were fabulous fresh fruit veg every day also themed nights, Mexican BBQ Italian etc. rooms cleaned everyday by friendly staff. Even though our kids were English and most of the children and parents were German/Spanish they got on well considering there was a language barrier. It was great to watch the children communicating without talking to each other. Our children loved the German songs and entertainers as it was different for them. Entertainment was good. Not great but the kids enjoyed it, drinks are made strong if all inclusive. But we got our money's worth. Not much of a beach at the front of the hotel but 10 minute walk and you are at a huge beach with surrounding shops and bars. Excursion and watersport centres. We all had a fabulous time & would definitely go back. The kids and adults enjoyed it & the weather was fab! ***** stars

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ashley2606
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend visited the resort from the 3rd -10th September 2013 and we had nothing to complain about for the whole time we were there. The people, staff, location and the food were all great. Our room was cleaned every day and the whole location was great with just a minutes walk to get to the beach.

As I like the breeze and my girlfriend likes the heat it was a perfect destination for us. The island had lots to offer but we were happy with staying in the resort all day. The entertainment isn't amazing but the team try really hard and put a lot of effort in. The pool is great as they have an adults pool and a children's pool so you can sun bath in peace. The whole resort was clean and the staff could not do enough for you. If you want baking hot sun with no wind then it's not the place for you but if you are a couple that want a relaxing time then we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had room 302 and it was spacious with a good location.
6  Thank Kelly_Birmingham
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you have children and they understand German this is the hotel for you, the children are entertained from around 9.30am till 9.30pm nearly every day and are around till about 10.30 or until the parents go to bed.
The Hotel we could not fault from the rooms to the food.The staff were all very pleasant and hard working. The entertainment team were all German and it was quite sad to see the British children trying to understand the songs etc. The hotel is quite a long way for us over 70s to get to any of the entertainment in the local bars etc.
The all inclusive drinks are poor(gin more like rocket fuel and Whisky like weak tea,lots of cocktails but even they were like drinking pop, we are not alchoholics but it would have been a great place to dry out.Red wine not bad.
On the whole we enjoyed our stay but will not be returning.
Room 209 fantastic right over the sea and very quiet
Entertainment in the evenings mostly provided by the German team employed by the hotel.Just had two nights in 14 with English entertainers (one singer terrible and the other not too bad}

2  Thank Rosemary92
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had an excellent stay at this German orientated hotel, staff excellent , Our room was great , cleaned every day , tho near the kids pool and entertainment room it was still not a problem even tho every morning we werewoken by the cry of " ooooh yer "most morning s !! entertainment crew were very nice spoke to Sebastian & jacky mostly , Food was excellent lots of choice every day , I will certainly be going back to this hotel , beach right in front of the hotel , town market square only a 20 mins walk away .

2  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 26 September 2013

September 3rd to 10th
This was our first trip to Lanzarote so we weren’t sure what to expect. Costa Teguise is a nice resort, quiet, not rowdy. As people have previously stated, the Hotel is mainly German and families with small children.
Our room was a Junior Suite which was the size of an apartment/flat which consisted of a bedroom, large bathroom and a lounge area. The bedroom window had smoked glass that looked out in to the inside of the Hotel corridor so there was little or no light from the window. This made it difficult to judge when it was time to get up as there was no natural daylight. The patio windows in the lounge area were a long way from the bedroom, so even if you left the curtains open overnight, you still couldn’t tell when it was dawn. We liked to go to breakfast early, before the rush, but often overslept due to the dark room plus the fact that the sun wasn’t up until just gone 8. This wasn’t a real problem as we were on holiday but our aim was to eat before the screaming toddlers arrived en mass. We did notice that going early meant that the egg chef was AWOL so you couldn’t get an omelette cooked for you. She would pre-cook fried eggs and pancakes and leave them sitting on a heating tray…..nice!
The selection of food is vast but it was never particularly hot and was rather bland. We liked to have lunch at 1 O’clock, when the restaurant opened and the meat dishes had a skin on top of the sauce where it had cooled down. If you dug deep enough you’d find a warmish bit of food. Pork, veal and chicken legs were the only meat. They had burgers one lunchtime which were ham burgers, not beef. I presume this is to cater for the Germans. I’m not a great pork lover, so often ended up with warm pasta/warm potatoes/chips and vegetables. The puddings looked very pretty but I thought they were tasteless. We decided by the end of the week that the brightly coloured mousey ‘stuff’ was our equivalent of Angel Delight. The Italian themed night was very odd. The Lasagne didn’t have beef between the pasta layers, it had like a paste which tasted revolting. It was so stodgy (all pasta) that we couldn’t eat it.
The one thing that we did notice in the restaurant was the noise made by the staff stacking their trolleys with empty plates. There were roughly 4 trolleys at any one time, and I’m sure the staff were trying to see who could make the most noise stacking the dishes and throwing the cutlery in to a container. It was so noisy. It reminded me of the school canteen. Sometimes we had to stop talking until they’d finished stacking/throwing the plates on top of each other. Not that I’m slating the staff as they were always polite and courteous.
There were several drink stations in the restaurant where you helped yourself to tea/coffee/juices at breakfast. All of the drinks were from machines. The juice was from a dispenser which you operated by pushing your glass against a little lever. Lunchtime and dinner, there was lager and white/red and rose wine via another dispenser and soft drinks, Coke, Sprite, Fanta via the pushy lever dispenser. The Rose wine was ‘OK’ not the best, but ‘OK’. The lager was dreadful.
The bar and evening entertainment was unique. The restaurant opens at 6.30, which is too early for us so we liked to have a few drinks in the bar first. The Pool bar shuts at 6 and the main bar then opens.
You cannot sit at the bar but must queue to get a drink. Luckily (I think!) it was almost empty when we went in around 6ish. There are tables and chairs around a dance floor that leads up to a stage where the Animation Team ‘perform’. Every evening around 8.30, they start singing children’s songs in German, encouraging the kids to join in with the singing and dancing. Sorry, but the same tunes, every night are actually drummed in to my head now. If anyone would like the lyrics to any kiddie German songs, please contact me! I am joking, it’s 2 weeks on and I still hear the echoes of eins, zwei, drei.) Around 9.30 the evening’s entertainment started which was a variety of the animation team singing, attempting comedy and an old English swooner who turned out to be the best of the week because he sang in English and we could understand him. It was a bit like an evening’s entertainment along Torquay’s promenade. We had the song Quondo, Quondo, Quondo in our head for the rest of the holiday…along with kiddies German songs!
We walked in to town most early evenings. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes and there are loads of bars and Spar shops if you want to buy anything English. We found a nice bar where we’d have a few beers every night before dinner. Even though we were All Inclusive we couldn’t drink the one lager ‘Tropical’ in the Hotel so we had to spend our own money. 2 pints of Magners and 2 large tins of John Smiths Smooth was 16.00 Euro’s which wasn’t too bad. Obviously we’d rather not have had to buy any beer, but the drinks seemed to go downhill as the week went on in the Hotel. The soft drink dispensers ‘mix’ seemed to go to pot so you either had a vodka and over fizzy coke or just a syrupy, sweet, non-fizzy mixer with your vodka. The bar staff will give you as much or little vodka as you want…if you ask. They were good as gold, in fact all the staff cleaners, waiters, bar staff and reception people were always polite and helpful.
Although the Hotel says that there is WIFI throughout the Hotel, the only place we could get it was in reception. We tried our room, the bar and the pool but only a trudge to Reception would log us on.
Over all we enjoyed our stay at the HD Beach Resort. Everything I’ve mentioned above are observations/niggles, I’m not slating the Hotel. We had a lovely relaxing week in the sun, away from work, but I really don’t think we’ll be going back in a hurry.

1  Thank SuperFFC
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I don't write many reviews but felt the need to after seeing some poor reviews i wanted to add my opinion as i am very picky about any hotel we stay in.

After a 2 week stay we didn't want to go home.

Bad Points
-All Inlcusive drinks was a bit confusing as some things were included and some weren't, also the plastic glasses for use by the pool were ridiculously small and very flimsy. I really think the hotel should invest in some proper hard plastic pool glasses in normal glass sizes (not just for alcohol but if you're thirsty i found myself drinking my drink before i got back to my sun lounger!
-The Italian is a waste of space and not as nice as the buffet restaurant and would be better as a quiet bar area if you don't want to listen to / watch the entertainment.
-Wifi - Practically non existent unless you found the hotspot which for me was one specific chair in reception area and even then it was only twice i managed to get online... anywhere else and i couldnt even pick up the wifi let alone log on, so i dont think it should be advertised as having wifi.

Good Points
FOOD!!! we have stopped at many all inclusives all over the world and the quality of food here is up there with some of the best. Great variety to suit any taste and HOT .... fresh salmon, beef steak, chicken , salads ... ... I'm sorry but for anyone to complain about the food is just ridiculous.
ENTERTAINMENT! Yes it is mostly in German, however my nearly 3 year old absolutely adored every single one of the team her favourite being Jacky, but i cannot thank them all enough for taking the time and trouble to make her time at the hotel so enjoyable- Jacky, Sandra, Claire, Alex, Sebastian, Eli, Leonie, Nadine & Coursi THANK YOU you are fantastic! They all speak fluent English and my daughter can now do numbers in German...
ROOMS
We had a suite on the third floor - my only criticism which i was aware of when we booked is that there is no bath - this was more of a problem than i realised as my daughter refused to go in the shower and screamed when she was made to....
STAFF
All the staff were friendly and helpful even the ones that couldnt speak much English we managed to communicate fine.
LOCATION
Just right for us - away from the hustle and bustle but short walk to shops and on the beach, nothing seemed too far away and the bus stop was 2 mins away with what looked like a good service around the Island.

We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and i would love to go back to this hotel, I cannot praise the entertainment team highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family