“Outstanding service and food at a good price”

Las brasas flamenco bar
Ranked #128 of 207 Restaurants in Costa Teguise
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: My partner & I have visited Costa Teguise twice a year for the past five years. However, it was only on our last trip last Easter that we eventually decided to eat in Grill Las Brasas. The main reason for this was the shabby looking menu in the window. We could not have been more mistaken. The restaurant is located very centrally in the Pueblo Marinero or main square in Costa teguise. It is opposite the Snug bar. Inside is small with maybe 16-18 chairs. The end corner is dominated by an imposing grill fired only with charcoal & this is where the majority of the cooking takes place. On our first visit (we went twice at Easter) we were presented with a large choice of specials which are not on the menu. These included many locally sourced ingredients from the island including prawns from La Santa & locally caught & smoked Cod. This restaurant however primarily deals in meat...& it does so with no shame. The food is presented to the customer by the chef (of which there is only one) & he seeks your approval prior to cooking on the grill. Any requested sauces are made fresh in front of the customer.To keep this short all I can say is that both myself & my partner feel this restaurant to be one of the finest we have ever eaten in & yet there is no mention of it on Trip advisor. This is truly a hidden gem. Do not be put off by the chef's declaration on the front window "we have no kids menu and we don't do chips". The chef loves kids....provided they love meat! Prices are slightly more expensive than surrounding restaurants but well worth it at least once during your holiday but remember, the chef is cooking for you personally, you are not being served from a central kitchen. Please try this restaurant especially if you are a meat lover....I guarantee that the experience will force you to return.
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Exceptional food and service reasonably priced. We ate and drank at this wonderful authentic restaurant several times.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

No set menu, all cooked to order. Wonderfully balanced flavours, beautifully presented without fussiness. We made an evening of tapas there with our three-year-old and it was the best eating experience we had in Costa Teguise.

The chef and assistant are very patient and will explain and translate all the dishes for you, so don't worry if you can make nothing of the spanish chalkboards.

1  Thank HollyhockSweetpea
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Every year we make one of our 1st meals grill las brasas. This year we discovered it was no longer in existence and had changed ownership. It is now a very different place.

1  Thank artybabe28
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Value for money , and excellent service , good selection of dishes

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I feel sometimes I am all alone with my opinion on Las Brasas. Everyone that I talk too loves it and rates it highly. I Myself feel it's very expensive and overrated. Your meat is charged by weight so your never sure of the price until you get the bill. It is served to the chef's taste with the obligatory jacket potato, grilled tomato and cauliflower. In the past 10 years at least I have experienced very little change in this.
The food however is very good and well presented and you always get the personal touch from the owner but to be honest I find it just too expensive and I am bored with it but I will carry on visiting it because I am outnumbered by my friends who love it.

2  Thank bernadetteBolton