“Your missing out, if you don't visit De Pasta!”
Review of De Pasta - CLOSED

De Pasta
Price range: US$11 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: De Pasta Italian Restaurant
Reviewed 19 April 2013

It's such a wonderful experience when you eat in this restaurant. The food from starter to dessert is a revelation, everything is cooked in view as the kitchen is just off the dining area. Federico is a professional who takes the time to explain the choice offered on the menu that day and the wine that will compliment your food. The chef Micheline is simply 'genius' in the kitchen using fabulous fresh produce to create excellent food. I would recommend that you try Raj's ravioli, trust me you won't be disappointed! I'm looking forward to my next visit.

There are newer reviews for De Pasta

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The first time we went the place was very quiet and the food was very good, especially the pasta dishes.
The second time there were a few people in and even though the place is quite tiny, the disorganised waiter couldn't cope. He babbled away about the specials that are all plainly written on a board on the wall, taking ages at each small table while people waited to be served. Or even to have an order taken! Portions are not big and it isn't cheap. Should have just gone once!

1  Thank JohnBLiverpool
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Myself, partner and our child of 8 all ate here during August 2012. The menu is short, but for good reason - the pasta is made, in view, on site, every day. This comes out in the wonderful quality of the dishes. The starter, through to the main course were superb, the coffee was good as well, and the staff are more than delighted to show you where and how your food is prepared. Added to a friendly, welcoming intimate atmosphere, this added up to a superb meal and if we ever return to Lanzarote we would DEFINATELY aim to pay this restaurant another visit. The total of our bill after such high quality fare was a very pleasant surprise - affordable quality.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Chose to eat here having read the fantastic reviews on here, oh deary me, if I could give it no stars at all I would do. On reflection we should have been concerned that it was the only nearly empty restaurant in the square as the others we went to had a wait of about half an hour for a table, well De Pasta had tables but the wait turned out to be about an hour once seated to the food arriving. I'm not sure if the waiter was inexperienced or just incompetent, he bluffed and grinned his way around the place, almost taking our order after 30 minutes.....we opened our mouths to speak ....and he suddenly rushed off to serve another tables. Finally ordered food and.........waited and.......waited, even having to ask for more breadsticks to dip in mayo in an effort to stave off the rumbling stomachs! At last the food arrived, I had ordered chicken in mushroom sauce, with sliced potatoes and veg, which came as stone cold chicken and mushroom sauce with chips hmm, another dish was also cold, so we sent them back and waited......and waited, the grinning waiter brought them back and guess what the chicken was still cold, how this was so amusing I'm still not sure!
I ended up having a packet of crisps from a nearby bar, it was April Fools day, and it certainly amused the French couple on the next table, who suffered similarly poor service.
Awful place I'd avoid it and go somewhere else. De Pasta...De ne bother

1  Thank cahullfc
Reviewed 3 April 2013

It took at least 20 minutes after being seated for the flustered waiter to bring the menus, in which he made a little joke about the long wait. After flustering some more he disappeared, dotting around the 7 different tables like a rabid dog. We eventually managed to order food, which took at least a further 30 minutes.

When the food finally arrived, 2 out of our 4 dishes were cold so we sent the back. 5 minutes later the dishes returned, the chicken was still cold which meant one of us didn't eat. The waiter was apologetic but still continued to make awkward jokes... The homemade pasta was a nice touch but with ridiculous portion sizes it was very disappointing.

Don't believe the hype.
De Pasta, more like De Bad.

1  Thank JamesRyan_11