“FABULOUS HOLIDAY”

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Swansea, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS HOLIDAY”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Hotel was spotlessly clean in every area, at all times. Staff were friendly and helpful. When we were allocated a room that was not to our taste, being at ground level, our room was immediately changed to a fantastic almost 'penthouse apartment' with a fantastic view over the bay. The food was of excellent quality for mass catering with healthy vegetable dishes and salads. The hotel was one of the quietest we had stayed in at night....guaranteeing a good nights sleep. Comfy continental pillows also helped!. We were mere steps from the beach, bars, shops and restaurants and the resort itself was absolutely 'rubbish-free'. All in all a really great holiday.

2 Thank lynnethomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Arrival 6th September 2011 / Departed 17th September 2011

Fantastic Location. Near to Beach.

Just arrived back after spending 11 nights at the Luabay Beach Hotel Lanzarote.
All I can say is the people who have complained about this Hotel, must be very hard to please.

To be honest I booked this holiday at the last minuet, after reading some of the comments on TripAdvisor, I was very despondent and wished I had not booked it.

However, on arrival at the Hotel, we were treated extremely well, and explained different things.

(1) The rooms were spotlessly clean, having flat screen tvs on the wall. The rooms were cleaned daily, with fresh bath and hand towels replaced daily.

(2) All staff worked very hard from early morning till late at night to maintain the cleanliness expected. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff.

(3) The evening entertainment was very good, with a different show nightly.

The only downsides to this Hotel.

(1) Not suitable for people with poor mobility, due to them having no lifts within the complex.
To reach the restaurant and the main drinks bar these were via steep stairs.
Also the rooms which were on 3 levels were reached via stairs.

(2) Must agree non of the food was labelled, you had to play a guessing game what you were eating. Although on saying this there was always plenty of choice, and you could have has much has you liked.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 6 on the 2nd floor. Would have preferred block 2/3 facing the pool. Wouldn't...
4 Thank turbo1105
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Depends on your expectations really, but we were really disappointed. Firstly the good bits. Excellent location, lovely views, great resort, fantastic weather. The rooms in the hotel are quite nice as they have just been refurbished. Now the bad bits. The food is rubbish. Dont expect a breakfast cup of tea, because you wont find any, and good luck trying to locate any milk, just dont ask the staff, because they'll look at you cluelessly. The food is decidedly below par - breakfast is decent enough, lunch is the same every day or variations of what was made yesterday, and dinner is well... yuk. Take my advice and head out to one of the many resteraunts just outside the hotel. Take some euros because despite the all inclusive tab, you need to put a hefty deposit on the towels (which you can only change three times a week) and you have to pay for the safe in you room. You also will need to use one of these towels up against the bathroom window in you room otherwise everyone will see you doing your business through inadequate frosted glass. By far the biggest problem is the overcrowding, I cannot stress enough that if you want to have a bit of space and quiet DO NOT COME HERE! When the hotel is full you will spend your whole time ducking round people and fighting for sun loungers around the pool/for your food. Another big gripe is the lack of changing facilities once you check out of your room, and waiting for your transfer. There is nothing. Even the both basic magaluf dump has these faciliites. Come on. Maybe Im being a bit harsh and like I said it depends on what you expect and your current snobery status. I can say that I expect better from a four star hotel. Knock off a star and I highly recomment this place.

4 Thank Phil H
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have just got back from a wonderful two week holiday at the Luabay and I would highly recommend it. From start to finish myself and my partner could hardly find any faults

Location of hotel: The location was absolutely perfect, right in the centre of Costa Teguise and close to restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets etc. There is also direct access to the beach from the hotel.

Food: This was the only downside we could find to the Luabay. The food was lovely and plentiful. After two weeks it did get a bit tedious, but what all inclusive hotel doesn't after two weeks?! However my only gripe was that the food isn't labelled. This is something that the Luabay really needs to look at as people with allergies or dietary requirements may find it quite hard to select appropriate food. Sometime I honestly didn't have a clue what I was eating! Breakfast and the evening meal take place in a restaurant downstairs. So people with mobility difficulties may need to consider there. Lunch take place in the pool bar. In the evening the pool bar turns into a Mexican restaurant on some nights and a Spanish restaurant on other nights.

Room: We booked a standard room and were delighted upon arrival to find we had a sea view and a kitchenette. Which I believe may have been a superior room. The room was nicely furnished with a clean and modern feel. There was a lovely big powerful shower in the bathroom. The room was cleaned daily and big complimentary bottles of water were put in the fridge every couple of days. There is no iron in the room but there is however a hairdryer in the bathroom. There was a flatscreen TV with sky news, bbc news and a couple of movie channels for the English speaking.

Pool Area: The pool was extremely cold as it is not heated but it was bearable. The pool area is kept extremely clean. We got up at about 8/8:30 each day and went and reserved our sun beds. I did notice that even at midday there were still sun beds available do there really is no rush to get up at the crack of dawn to put your towels out. There is always a lifeguard on duty around the pool as well.

Beach: As I mentioned previously there is direct beach access from the hotel. We only ventured down to the beach once as we normally tend to stick by the pool.

Entertainment: The shows tended to start each evening at 9:30pm and ranged from live music, dance acts, bird shows, bingo, karaoke amongst others. The best act by far was the Eclipse live music duo. I'd really recommended it. We never had a problem getting served in the bar in the evening. People queue orderly and there was no pushing in as some other reviews have reported.

Staff: The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

So all in all I highly recommended the Luabay. I'd say it is best for couples, single travellers and families with older children.

Room Tip: Make sure to book into the Mexican and Spanish themed restaurants.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I am a travel agent and i visited costa teguise in may this year, my daughter is a head rep over there, and i was given a tour of the newly opened luabay, i was impressed with the beautiful rooms and the location of the hotel, the pool area is great, i liked it that much that i stayed there from the 30th aug for a week i could not fault it it is a 4 star hotel the management are great they do not sit in there office they are all around the hotel talking to guests steph the tc rep was brillant, always talking to guests i wish they would label the food that is the only complaint i have, this hotel will soon be number 1 hotel in costa teguise i have been in most of the hotels in teguise and the luabay is the best by far i had a sea view delux room which was fab cleaned every day always clean towels what more could you ask for i am going back in october and i cant wait

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank marie v
paignton
Reviewed 17 September 2011

we got back from luabay on 5th sept. we thought our room was great, second floor with full view of the pool, just above the restuarant. the room was plenty big enough and very modern. the beds were 2 singles pushed together, but this was not a problem. the food was very nice, always something to choose, even for a a plain fussy eater like my husband. the restuarant manager was very friendly, always greeting you on arrival and on departure after you meal. bar staff were really nice especially ruth, she was born in bred in lanzarote and couldnt do enough for you.
the area of the hotel was in was just perfect, all flat, right on the beachfront, next to loads of shops etc. i would defo go back if the entertainment room was made more welcoming, it looked like an igloo, everything was white and not very welcoming, also the entertainment was not that good nor did it last long. overall lovely modern clean hotel in a good area.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor with pool view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank paigntonpam
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Late review from my trip in June.

We were a young couple and spent the most amazing time there.
As soon as we got into the room we said wow, the view was spectacular (sea view deluxe room) and it was 9pm when we got there so the beach was lit up.

The location is great, instant access to the beach, a great walk along the coast, close to some nice shops and restaurants (we rate the chinese buffet if you turn left out the hotel).

We got the bus to del carmen twice which is very cheap and the bus stop is about a 5 minute walk. We also went to the waterpark for all of 10 minutes which I got a refund for it being so s**t. 40 euros what a joke, don't waste your taxi fare.

The food is good in the hotel, repetetive but hey you arn't eating everything the same night, although you could try. San Miguel on tap too ;)

The pool is small but we always got a sunbed. The bar serves a nice selection of drinks but did get busy and the entertainment was less desireable for our age group I guess. The bingo was fun which I won a deep sea fishing trip which made everyone on the boat sick apart from me lol.

I'd definately go back and I have a strong memory from this place.

Room Tip: Sea View (Amazing view but only gets sun in the morning) Pool View (Bit intrusive but gets the sun...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple