First of all let me get the subject of the smell of sewage/drains in the restaurant out the way. Yes it is still there and yes you can still smell it, however sometimes it is stronger than others and it does depend on where you sit in the restaurant. Our room was not ready when we checked in but we anticipated this as it was before 1400hrs but we were immediately given our all inclusive bands and were told the restaurant and pool side bars were ours to use whilst we waited until 1400hrs. The food in the restaurant is quite varied and and was always hot, we go on three all inclusive holidays a year and normally go to hotels with a better rating (4 star) than this and we have had worse food than this in those sort of hotels. The poolside bar at lunchtimes does not have much accept hot dogs and burgers which means that you have to go down to the restaurant if you want more. The poolside bar is also the place that you get your drinks throughout the day and my only complaint with this was that the cups were the type that you would get out of a vending machine and were very small, it just means that you have to fill it up more often!. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. The entertainment staff throughout the day were good and on the nightime it was the standard stuff that you always get, bird shows, parrot shows, spanish singers etc etc. Our room was very compact but also very modern. My wife did not like the fact that there was no mirror in the room for her to use whilst getting ready and the one provided in the bathroom was of course steamed up. Our room was not cleaned one day and when I complained at reception I was given no apology but was told that they would call the maid service. When we returned to the room all that they had done was put some fresh towels in the bathroom, I was not worried about the cleaning or making the bed but we did not even have toilet roll and had to get some from my sons room. Apart from this minor hick up the maid service standards were spot on. The big problem that we had with our room is that we were in the block above the restaurant and the room absolutely stung of drains/sewage as did my sons next door.
The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is 20ft away from the beach and is surrounded by good bars and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to somebody if they got it at the right price but would tell them to stay away from block 4. I fill that this hotel would be so much better without the smell although I know the hotel is doing its best to eliminate this. Would I stay again? Well I came to this hotel 3 times 10yrs ago when it was the Puerto Tahiche so yes I would come
again, if only for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach is a wonderful hotel that has a very modern design, cozy and ideal for singles, couples and families. In short, the perfect choice for those wishing to enjoy the sun and sand of Lanzarote's beaches combined with maximum comfort. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, World Independent Hotel Promotion, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Lanzarote Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach Costa Teguise