“Lovely hotel but beware no lifts”

Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Spent 10 days here beginning of November. We upgraded to their Splendit service which was well worth the money. The upgraded room was lovely and big. Plenty of room for the 2 of us with a super king bed and nice seating area. The balcony and sea view was lovely but the high winds prevented us from using it much, but thats not the hotels fault. The staff are all wonderful and cannot do enough fir you. They all seem happy which I think is a good sign of a well run hotel.
My only concern was that there were NO LIFTS and as we are both in our late 60s and have some walking difficulties we did find this a problem. You had to climb a flight of stairs ti get to the bar and as the restaurant is below ground there were more stairs again. In total from our room to the bar I counted 56 steps up and down so I would not recommend this hotel to elderly visitors unless they are very fit. It is certainly not suitable for anyone disabled. Back to the upgrade. We had our table reserved for us in the same place every mealtime and the maitre'd was superb as was Angel his right hand man. I have to mention the Reception Staff also as I had a health problem and they were very helpful indeed. In fact everyone of the staff were great. If they had lifts in each block and to the bar and restaurant they would be worth more than the 3* they have.
This is the only issue that would stop me returning. Thank you Luabay.

Room Tip: In November sea-view rooms did not get the sun and the wind stopped you from using the balcony, It m...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Administradors, Luabay Team at Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Marion, thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your holidays and taking the time to write this review about your stay with us. We are very glad to read that you and your partner enjoyed every bit of the hotel and our service and were very satisfied with our staff. We would like to inform you that we do have stair lifts to get to the restaurant and the upstairs entertainment bar for our guests that are not able to climb any stairs. It would be a great pleasure if we could welcome you to our hotel again. Just ask our staff on reception and they will make sure that you have easy access to all the facilities in our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach

Reviewed 15 November 2013

What a fantastic animation team they are funny friendly and make your holiday so much fun they work really hard all day and in the evening too they play a whole variety of games and entertainment and you get certificates and if your lucky a medal too and don't forget to chuck in the pool too so a big thanks to Daniel and his team and as for the hotel it is clean and very friendly staff location is brilliant with plenty of shops and bars nearby all with live sport

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jeremy A
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just got back, room was great, clean and well equiped, pool and area again very good, 2 reas where it could be improved, the night time bar is upstairs in th Recepetion, an the lovelt outsidebar is closed, Why not have the outside bar open later ??

Also Restaurant is all most underground and the smeel is horific, pleas get this sorted as its really the only negative comment, This can suely be easy to fix.

But a big thanks to everyone at the hotel, It was my wifes birthday and they had cakes in the room, lovely touch

2  Thank TONY K
Administradors, Luabay Team at Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Tony, we would like to thank you for being our guests and taking the time to write this review about your stay with us. We are glad you were satisfied with your room and the hotel in general and enjoyed the little surprise that was left for your wife’s birthday. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we will forward your suggestion about the outside bar to the corresponding department. We are very sorry that you were affected by a smell in the restaurant. This does not originate from within our premises, yet we are doing the best that we can to get this issue under control and we can see improvements. It would be a great honor for us if we could welcome you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

just got back from here with my boyfriend, was our first holiday, all the staff was amazing, so helpful. the food was pretty poor but you get what you pay for really. very clean place. the weather was 35degrees on advage (3rd -10th november) i would go back if they have better food variety. we got upgraded for free and it was amazing. the maids always done a good job. would recommed

1  Thank Kelly T

Dear Kelly, thank you very much for choosing our hotel and writing this review. We are glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and had a lovely first holiday together. Your feedback about the food will be passed on to the responsible department and we hope we can present you with a selection more to your taste on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have travelled by myself for a long time yet this was the first holiday that I did not want to go home. The hotel is amazing, clean and spacious. The staff could not be more helpful.
My room was lovely and my patio led straight near the pool.
The hotel is only a short stroll from the shops or the beach.
The entertainment was good, with some really excellent acts and it made for my holiday.
I can honestly say I would book again in a heartbeat and I will be.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Jude H

Dear Jude, thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write this review about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your holidays to the fullest and were very satisfied with our staff, the entertainment and your room. We will be sure to share your feedback with our staff and are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just returned from a week here. Had a fab tine and met some great people. Food OK but not startling, very much canteen style and not always hot. The meat I found to be under cooked and very tough and some times very chewy. Paid extra for a sea view room but because the room had the prefix N it was small and my one complaint is there is no mirror in the bedroom and only 2 drawers in the wardrobe. The only mirror was in the bathroom which is not very practical. Hotel staff are very friendly and polite. This hotel is in a great location and could not wish for anything better. Will definitely go back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrissyh50

Dear Chrissy, thank you for staying at our hotel and writing this review. We are glad you were satisfied with our staff’s friendliness and had a great time. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we will pass your comments about the temperature of the food and your room to the corresponding departments. We are looking forward to receiving you at our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My family and I have just got back from a two week stay at the Luabay 20th oct - 3rd nov, 2 Adult and 2 Kids and our Mum and Dad in another room both rooms and the whole complex was spotless and cleaned daily, as per other peoples reviews yes SOMETIMES there is a little smell in the basement restaurant but if you sit near to the buffet area you wont smell it and the hotel run's 2 special dinner nights in a different restaurant, plus the restaurants that are near this great hotel are very cheap, try out Spice (for Indian food best meal of the holiday) and the water front is great for ribs and Sunday roast's.
This Hotel benefits from a secure gate access to the beach and I was told this is this only hotel to give guest's free bottled water. The pool is great with good access for my 86 Year old dad and I save the best for last THE TEAM OF STAFF - From the moment we got there JOSE welcomed us with opened arms with a glass of bubbly and directed us to the restaurant as we arrived at 8.15pm and it closes at 9pm, Every member of the restaurant team always had a smile and said hello and Angel went out of his way to make our whole stay enjoyable. THE ANIMATION TEAM - DANIEL - A BRILLANT MANAGER OF ALL THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM AND A GREAT GUY ! .The live acts (The 3 Tenors -- Brilliant) and (the soul singer -- amazing) Thank you for such a fantastic holiday will be back to retain my Mr Luabay crown.
Ollie / Oliver - I know we weren't the only parents that thought you were great with the kids brilliant with his songs and fun activities that our girl loved, also get's mum's and dad's involved with them for a dance in the mini disco, a top guy!
LALA - A stand in for Ollie and Daniel does a good job and made me laugh 1 morning when he asked me if I wanted to go for a exercise walk (I'm on holiday with a glass of san Miguel in my hand ha ha)
IF YOU WANT A HOTEL IN A GREAT LOCATION NEAR THE BEACH WITH GREAT STAFF WHO ARE HAPPY TO SEE YOU AND TREAT YOU WELL THEN BOOK NOW AS I, AS WILL OTHERS WILL BE BOOKING TO GO BACK NEXT YEAR.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Richard B
Administradors, Luabay Team at Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Richard, thank you so much for being our guests and writing this lovely review. We appreciate your kind words a lot and will be sure to pass your feedback on to the entire team. It is really great to know how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope we will get to welcome you at the hotel again soon.