We stayed in the Luabay hotel for a week at the end of May and for our first visit to Lanzarote we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel at first sight is a very swanky looking glass building with a small flowered garden area to the side. This modern look continues on throughout the whole hotel. On arrival we were offered sparkling wine and was met by a very helpful receptionist who told us how to get to our room, the restaurant, the beach and the shops. The bedroom was remarkably clean as was the bathroom. Which had a new decorative towel and flower display arranged in everyday by the cleaners. The rooms themselves were very simple with white sheets but all had beautiful balcony spaces. Our room even had a flat screen TV with more than 2 English channels.
The pool was freezing cold so only ventured in once or twice but I'm sure it warms up more in the summer months. Again the pool area was beautifully clean, always cleaners on sight working hard to maintain their high standards. Poolside cocktails were offered at your sun loungers everyday and there wasn't much of a fight to grab the best loungers.
The staff all work really hard at making this hotel a lovely place to relax at. From the first choice representative to the bar staff who remember your orders and bring them to your table before you have even raised your head. The evening entertainment was really good with something new everynight. We saw a parrot show, a few singers, some acrobats, a magician, flamenco dancers and some birds of prey. The animation team were fantastic and really got to know all of the guests. Have to give a special mention to Lala, Ollie & the girls for always putting on a great show and making everyone smile.
Lastly was the food, breakfast was pretty good. Lots of variety for all nationalities and the fussiest of eaters. Lunch was only deal able for a few days as it was too samey. Pool bar lunch was also pretty samey with burgers hotdogs chips or salad to choose from everyday and on odd occassion chicken nuggets. Ice cream in 5 different flavours is also available at the pool bar which was a lovely treat. Unfortunately not being a big fish eater I really didn't enjoy the dinners, although they do have other meats in sauces, more chips, potatoes, salad,spaghetti and pizza none of them were particularly tasty so we found a few nice restaurants to slip off to in the evenings. Directly behind the hotel and tucked up over the road from the beach sat a row of souvenir shops and some of the restaurants we would take dinner at. Our favourite two being El Maestro & La Hacienda which both had dining areas outside with lovely surroundings.
This is definitely a hotel i would return to, although dinner wasn't great the rest of the hotel and my time there was fantastic. Great value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach is a wonderful hotel that has a very modern design, cozy and ideal for singles, couples and families. In short, the perfect choice for those wishing to enjoy the sun and sand of Lanzarote's beaches combined with maximum comfort. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, TravelUp and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Lanzarote Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach Costa Teguise