A real 5 star hotel from architecture to service.
It was an exhilarating experience having the opportunity to stay in a hotel designed by the late Caesar Manrique, local architect/artist who gave Lanzarote its unique image. I spent a good hour admiring the ingenious design of the hotel which married nature and structure, with tropical plants and fish ponds turning the internal space into a rainforest. The interplay of yellow sunlight, blue sea and white-washed walls conjured up a pictureseque postcard image of this island. He also designed the main swimming pool which looked similar to the one in the famous Jameos del Agua -- a sunken volcanic lake.
The newly renovated one bedroom suite was both asethetic and functional, offering an impressive 750 sq feet of space -- living room with dining area and small kitchenette, comfortable bedroom, separate dressing room, luxuious bathroom with jacuzzi and walk-in shower. The terrace, space and private, greeted one with a superb view of the swimming pool and the sea beyond, and surprise, surprise -- another jacuzzi where I relaxed with a glass of champagne watching the beautiful sunset.
The only criticism was leakage around the edge of the shower unit flooding the wooden floor of the bathroom. Also sound insulation in the suite did not block out noise made by youths on the beach in the evening.
Being a guest in the suite granted me the luxury of using the exclusive Royal pool and facilities in the Royal Villa complex. The area was private and quiet with free snacks and drinks provided.
For a 5 star hotel, I had expected a spa with wow factor but it turned out to be rather disappointing, consisting of a sauna and cold plunge pool -- the cost of Euro 14 per person did not sound good value to me. Having spoken to the two most enchanted therapists who gave invigorating massages, I learnt that apparently the spa though located inside the hotel was not run by the hotel management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-recommended hotel (min. 16 years) is surrounded by 2 white sandy beaches. Dive into the lagoon swimming pools or enjoy the lush gardens. Dine inside or out at your choice of 4 on-site restaurants. There is an evening bar and lounge, a pool bar and a beach bar. Other hotel facilities include a professional water sports centre, 3 floodlit tennis courts, beauty centre, and a wellness area with sauna and whirlpool. The hotel offers direct access to the beach and exclusive Sanctuary by The Level services in some rooms, including access to the private Sanctuary by The Level Pool, a private check-in area, rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu, and personalised concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Melia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Salinas - Adults recommended reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Salinas Hotel Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Hotel Salinas
- Melia Salinas - Adults Recommended Lanzarote/Costa Teguise