“Brilliant”

Melia Salinas - Adults recommended
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2013

i visited this brilliant hotel for a week with my partner and we loved every minute of it.
It was lovely to spend a relaxing break by the pool actually relaxing instead of listening to the kiddies doing what kiddies do.
Fantastic location with a handful of wide steps leading to the beach / promenade area.
we shared a few spa treatments here and I especially enjoyed the mud bath! Good fun!!
I agree with some comments that the rooms need updating but we didn't come all this way to spend our time indoors.

Great service , great value , great hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Romariosdad
vanesa R, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to writte your experience about your recent stay at the Meliá Salinas.
It is a pleasure for us to know, that you could enjoy a brillant days at the hotel and also is great to hear that you enjoyed the mud bath at the beauty center.

Thanks again for your opinion, and do not hesitate to contact me for any further information you may need.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just returned from a 2 week holiday which we found very relaxing indeed. Selection in the restaurant was very good. Met other holiday makers who were of similar opinions. Special mention for Barbora and Maria who kept everyone on their toes, both in the day and night. Only downside is that the rooms could do with updating especially after visiting the presidential suites and villas in the Level area

Room Tip: Pool view are the best if you can request one
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stuart b
vanesa R, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear guest,
Let me thank you for taking your time to share your impressions about your recent stay at the Meliá Salinas.
It is a pleasure for us to know that you could enjoy our food in the Restaurant Spices.
I personally will speak with Barbora and Maria in order to inform them about your comments.
Your opinion is very important for us, and we would like to have another opportunity to see you again at the Meliá Salinas & Garden Villas Hotel.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me for everything you may need.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Before I start writing down my experience in this hotel during my stay for 7 nights, the most important thing to know about my review is that it's based on that the Hotel Melia Salinas y considered a 5 star hotel.
We've been to so many 5 star hotels all around the world, and I'm sorry this is no 5 star. It is a very very good three star hotel or an acceptable 4 star.

The reception: the people working in this hotel vary: some are extremely nice, others are the rudest people ever. This is not only true about the reception but also about the rest of the hotel. You can find almost anything here.

During our whole stay in the hotel they couldn't fix the wifi problem in the room!

On our first evening at dinner we saw a cockroach in the restaurant. I think it's completely normal, these things can happen and it does not mean its dirty or anything. I just expected someone to do something about it, but they just ignored us and kept working. That's what most shocked us, The waiters didn't even care...

We had booked an all inclusive deal in the normal room, when we got there the room was horrible. It was so ugly and nothing charming about it, really not a 5 star room.
Then we asked for two days for them to change our room, we were on top of the main buffet restaurant and every time they cooked food I thought I was going to puke. The room stank like no other, they really need to fix that.
When they changed our room we got a new renovated room. This room was so much better then the other one, it was like we were not even in the same hotel. The terrace was nicer, the bed was better, in was cozier, a lot better.

The all inclusive is horrible. I think it's a waste of your money. Well going to this hotel is a waste of your money unless you go to a master suite or villa. If you go in one of these rooms DON'T get the all inclusive. It's more like a semi included. Barely anything is included.
I was sick during my stay and had nothing to drink or eat, I had to pay if I wanted something else, after I had paid all inclusive.

They have a place where you can change your pool towels. It's horrible! It was the worst schedule and you have to change your towel while your sunbathing or even swimming! It's so badly organized!!!! It should be open all day!! It's a 5 star hotel we are talking about, you need service!!!!

The main pool is horrible. It's really nice to look at but horrible. It's freezing cold, maybe that's because we are from another part of Spain where it's warmer, but we are in August in Canary Islands! It's also very disgusting, it's salty which could be nice but it's always dirty. It's full of algae from the rocks. The rocks make a beautiful picture but its nasty. Plus it's not made with tiles, I guess coz it's cheaper, and most of the parts of the pool the paint has come off.

They also have two new jacuzzis that were installed as soon as we arrived. It's such a great idea but there is no service behind it. After one day most of their functions were broken. No one was there to help to clients understand how it worked. And after 4 days the water stank, as if they had no cleaned the water since the first day. Plus the top part where the water stopped was all brown and dirty from everything and the jacuzzi was full of sand. They were able to make something so nice and fun and with beautiful views nasty.

The waiters and workers at the hotel, like a said its not everyone, but we've found that they were very little attentive to you, and didn't care about anything you needed. I accept that from a 3 star and would find their service excellent, but not from a 5 star!!!

We wanted them to change our towels in our room just before dinner and they didn't, I don't understand why they don't give this service. In most 4 stars I've been they do, and in all 5 stars they do. We just think that a 5 star hotel needs to fix the room twice a day, once in the morning and once to open and prepare your bed, at least that's our experience in 5 star hotels.

When you want to go eat dinner on the terrace outside you need to run and almost fight for a table. I think they need to have more organization and have something siting each client at a table. Again, it's a 5 star hotel isn't it???

On our last night we decided to upgrade our room to a master suite. We wanted a nice last night. We know that in the hotel they didn't appreciate our comments and our room changes but we are paying an upgrade so I don't think they should be talking bad about us, in front of us. Anyways...
Just because our room stank and the second change was paying an extra night...

The master suite is really nice. It made our last night very enjoyable, there were some things broken in the room but overall it's very very nice. We should have taken this room all week... Even service gets better...

We also enjoyed the level, which is a separate part of the hotel you can go at. We hasn't even been offered this when we entered, we didn't even know it existed. It would have been nice of them to propose it because we would had taken it.
The pool is nicer, it's clean, calmer. Very enjoyable.

On our last day we ate at the a la carte at the pool and the food was terrible!!! Expensive and terrible!!! I don't mind paying if its going to be good, but not paying to recieve something not worth half of what you paid for!!!!

My conclusion is that if you go to this hotel please don't think it's a 5 star hotel because you will be very very disappointed. If you think of it as a normal 4 or a great 3, then you will probably like it. Pricy for that type of hotel but that's your choice!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Maya N
vanesa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write your opinion about your recent stay at the Meliá Salinas.
I am very sorry if we could not exceed your expectations. Let me inform you that the hole staff will be provided with your comments in order to pay attention in that items that are required.
About the all inclusive, let me inform you that this service includes food and drinks during all day. Some drinks, like superior brands, are not included in the all inclusive basis and those drinks have a suplement.
About the pool, let me inform you that it was designed by the artist Cesar Manriquez, and this is because is not made with tiles.
Let me thank you again the time dedicated and do not hesitate to contact me if in anything I can help you.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I stayed in a Garden Villa at Meliã Salinas for 2 weeks at the end of July. This was to be an important holiday for us, following three years of hard work with our businesses, without a break.

By the third day we had become so relaxed, helped by the wonderful array of services on offer on "The Level", as well as the friendly and helpful staff at this fabulous & well established resort.

As seasoned travellers, we are not easily impressed. However, we were amazed at the huge variety and high quality of food available in the buffet restaurant, and also at the two special dinners in the hotel's Esencia Restaurant. We found every member of the hotel staff to be extremely courteous, offering help and assistance with a friendly smile. Nothing was a problem to these hard working people who made our holiday everything we had hoped for - and more.

Our Villa was well equipped and decorated to a very high standard. Some days we hardly left our private paradise, with its own pool, Bali Bed and garden dining room and waterfall pond. Each day, our housekeeper, Mercedes, and 'pool guy' arrived at the requested time to clean the Villa and pool, leaving the Villa looking like a show home once again.

As part of the adults-only "The Level" service, the salt-water infinity pool and pool bar provided a relaxing area to sit and enjoy a complimentary drink and snack - with free Cava, local beer and soft drinks available all day. We sometimes ordered a light lunch at the pool bar, which was prepared and brought to our table by our ever-smiling waiter, Delgado.

During our second week, we asked for a BBQ at our villa and were invited to choose from a variety of fresh fish and meats. On the appointed evening, staff arrived at our Villa with flowers, lanterns and torches, which they placed around our pool and garden.
Next, our waiter Jose-Luis arrived with the food, wines, and portable BBQ. Jose laid out a magnificent table for us in our garden dining room and made sure that the BBQ was properly lit, in preparation for cooking our selection of giant shrimp, plus various fish we'd never heard of - but tasted delicious - along with a lovely fresh salad, followed by a tasty desert! A very romantic evening for my wife and I, which concluded with us dancing around our garden and pool, beautifully lit by the lanterns and torches.

Meliã Salinas offers a good variety of live entertainment in the evenings in the main bar area. During our stay we were entertained by some excellent musicians, dancers and singers, a Motown tribute band, and the superb flamenco guitarist, Roly.
"Everything is possible" is the hotel's promise, particularly for guests who choose "The Level" experience with a Suite or Garden Villa.

Just like us, you may find one or two negative reviews on TripAdvisor. There are plenty of "professional complainers" out there who will always find fault with something. However, we'd like to reassure you that if you decide to book your holiday at Meliã Salinas in Costa Tequise, you will certainly not be disappointed! There really is something for everyone here, from highly affordable sea-view rooms, to well-appointed apartments and of course, the Meliã Salinas "Pièce de résistance" - the Garden Villa.

We definitely plan to return to Meliã Salinas for a future holiday.

Room Tip: The hotel offers a good range of accommodation types, starting with the budget-priced "Classic...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mike P
vanesa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for taking your time to show your impressions about your recent stay atbthe Meliá Salinas.
It was a pleasure for us to help you to have an unforgettable holidays in one of our Garden Villas. Your comments have been already reported to the hole staff in order to inform them about your congratulations.
It will be a pleasure for us to receive you one more time at the Meliá Salinas. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our second visit to the salinas, this time we went half board, food was very good something for everyone, you could also change dinner for lunch which was good and a change to try some local restaurants. Hotel doing few refurbishments but nothing to ruin your holiday. Two jacuzzis just put in by the main pool over looking the beach, will be lovely when up and running. Only change from last year was the place where you change your towels opens at really weird times as last year it was open first thing which was better as its nice to have clean towel first thing. Pool did get busy and sunbeds went pretty quick if u were up later properly wouldn't get a bed. Only other thing at other five star hotel you get waiter service round the pool which you don't get here. Lovely location, nice beach. Good value for what we paid. Would return again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Adele W
vanesa R, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to writte your impressions about your recent stay at the Meliá Salinas.
It was a pleasure for us to receive you once more at the hotel.
Regarding to your comments, let me inform you that the Jacuzzies in the main pool are already on function and guest are enjoying it.

It is a pleasure to know that you could enjoy your second time at the hotel and we would be very glad if we see you again at the hotel.
Please , for any further information you may need, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Considering we only booked a week before we went, this hotel was just what we wanted. There were 3 of us sharing a Junior suit. This included 2 double beds & sofa bed, large T.V, bar area, huge balcony and large bathroom, which was more than suitable for 3 sharing. As soon as we got to our room the sofa bed was already made, something most hotels don't do for you. As we had a suit we were entitled to use 'The Level', an exclusive access to 'adult only' pool with free drinks and snacks all day. This made us feel even more pampered. The staff were incredible and more than helpful and the food was presented and cooked beautifully. There was so much to choose from, whether you like fresh fish or meat, it was cooked in front of you to your liking. If you want a luxury holiday with sun and good food this is the place to be!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christina19641964
vanesa R, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear guest,

Let me thank you for taking your time to writte your impressions about your recent stay at the Meliá Salinas.
Thank you for your comments, it is amazing to know that you could enjoy in our Junior suites and also in The Level area.
We try to do our best in order to satisfy the wishes of our guest and I think in this case we have achieved.I will share with the hole staff your comments.
It would be a pleasure to have another opportunity to see you again at the Meliá Salinas.
Do not hesitate to contact me for everything you may need.
Vanesa Regueira Núñez,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Having just returned from a fortnights holiday, I must say that in the main I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. We booked two rooms and upgraded one to a junior suite with access to " the level". The other was the next door room on request to the hotel, which they did. We ate out every evening and found most of the restaurants to be very good. Having done this we transferred our evening meal ( half board ) to lunch. Both breakfast and lunch in the hotel were very good. The food quality and choice was excellent and the staff, although busy, were available for drinks and any other requirements.
"The level" is a tranquil pool area for adults only, so if you want some peace and relaxation then go for it! No rush for sun beds and a complimentary snack and drinks service, which was handy.
Our two 15 year old girls enjoyed the main pool and beach, although the normal holiday issues exist around this pool, so you need to be up early to get a decent sunbed although you will get one if you don't, although it may be out of the way!
The beach has a great choice of watersports, however the sunbeds and parasols are payable at a local rate, which I was not aware of before travelling but I may have overlooked it.
There was some maintenance work going on but this was generally kept to areas that were unused at certain times of the day to avoid interference. One issue though is from the first floor where towels and blankets are used to soak up a leak from the building. This does cause a damp smell. Also although the staff are helpful, it was a lot slower in the onyx bar so we just went to the bar and ordered which sped things up.
In the main a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to return but only with the level upgrade.

Room Tip: Junior suites are large with two loungers and a seating area on a large balcony. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David H
vanesa R, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Salinas - Adults recommended, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to writte your experience about your recent stay at the Meliá Salinas Hotel in Lanzarote.
It is a pleasure to see that you could enjoy in one of our Junior Suites and also in the Level Area.
Also is greatful to know that Lanzarote liked you . It would be a pleasure to have another oportunity to see you again in the Meliá Salinas.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you may need.
Vanesa Regueira ´Núñez,

#30 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to Melia Salinas - Adults recommended? Share your experiences!