Just returned from Melia Salinas. We booked a seaview room but upgraded to a garden villa after a tour of the hotel. The villa was amazingly private and relaxing and well worth the extra cost. Breakfast was served in our own private garden area which was a treat. Our garden was sheltered which made a big difference on windy days and there was always the option of sunshine or shade. The adults only Level pool area was never too crowded and the free drinks and snacks were a bonus. The main hotel was bigger than we would normally choose but we enjoyed using the well equipped gym and trying out some free yoga classes. Hiring bikes and cycling to Arecife was also great fun and inexpensive. The buffet food was good rather than exceptional but there were never queues and service was quick and friendly. The unusual design with the public areas being open to the outside meant that you needed a cardigan or jacket in the evenings but the amazing indoor/outdoor botanic garden with the gentle sounds of tropical frogs made up for it.
This was our first trip to The Canary islands, we were looking for some spring sunshine and had few other expectations but Melia Salinas garden Villas were unforgetable experience. Special thanks to Vanessa who arranged our upgrade and made our stay really special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-recommended hotel (min. 16 years) is surrounded by 2 white sandy beaches. Dive into the lagoon swimming pools or enjoy the lush gardens. Dine inside or out at your choice of 4 on-site restaurants. There is an evening bar and lounge, a pool bar and a beach bar. Other hotel facilities include a professional water sports centre, 3 floodlit tennis courts, beauty centre, and a wellness area with sauna and whirlpool. The hotel offers direct access to the beach and exclusive Sanctuary by The Level services in some rooms, including access to the private Sanctuary by The Level Pool, a private check-in area, rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu, and personalised concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Salinas - Adults recommended reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Salinas Hotel Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Hotel Salinas
- Melia Salinas - Adults Recommended Lanzarote/Costa Teguise