My husband and I and our two teenage daughters wanted some sunshine and somewhere to relax in February. We chose Gran Melia Salinas Lanzarote and had a fantastic week. We booked two royal junior suites located on the top floor of this amazing hotel. The rooms were spacious with an enormous four poster bed, sitting area, dining area and a spacious en suite. The large patio windows opened up onto a lovely balcony with fantastic views over looking the sea. My husband and I were up early each morning to watch the sun rise from our balcony ...such a wonderful way to start the day. The food was excellent. We booked bed and breakfast as we thought we would go out to eat but stayed in the hotel every night and ate in the restaurante atlantida which was buffet service with a wide variety of hot and cold food.
We had access to the private pool with booking the royal suite. We would go there for fresh fruit, cakes , cheese and biscuits for lunch which was part of the royal service. You could have tea coffee beer lager soft drinks or as much champagne as you wanted.
The main pool was lovely too and so close to the beach for the girls.
We used the gym every night.....so as not to feel too guilty eating all the tasty food. The gym was well equipped and had a great view of the sea whilst exercising.
Everywhere you look around this hotel there is some interesting art work sculpture or plant. The entrance foyer is amazing with all the exotic plants .
The shops are a short walk across the road so we didn't have to venture far from the hotel.
With the hotel having an open foyer it was quite chilly in the evenings so take a jumper or cardigan for a night....but then it was february. Daytime temperatures were perfect for sitting out and sunbathing.
We will definately be booking this hotel again.
We will definateley be booking this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-recommended hotel (min. 16 years) is surrounded by 2 white sandy beaches. Dive into the lagoon swimming pools or enjoy the lush gardens. Dine inside or out at your choice of 4 on-site restaurants. There is an evening bar and lounge, a pool bar and a beach bar. Other hotel facilities include a professional water sports centre, 3 floodlit tennis courts, beauty centre, and a wellness area with sauna and whirlpool.The hotel offers direct access to the beach. The property also offers The Level services in some rooms, including access to the exclusive The Level Pool, a private check-in area, rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu, and personalised concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Salinas - Adults recommended reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Salinas Hotel Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Hotel Salinas
- Melia Salinas - Adults Recommended Lanzarote/Costa Teguise