Just returned from a 7 night AI stay at this lovely hotel. It is situated close to beach and shops. Hotel itself was amazing clean and very welcoming. We had a pleasant and very relaxing stay. Rooms at the hotel were fine, although we felt the air con could have been a bit more powerful in our room. The room was on the 1st floor, we did not have any noise from the evening entertainments, very quiet indeed. The room had a sea view, hotel has a private beach op. Beachwas clean but slightly rocky, there is another beach close by. Views were breathtaking. The only small gripe was that the hot water came out slightly yellow and we never felt really clean. The room also had a small fridge and safe was approx 3e per day. Maids cleaned our room daily. Lovely fresh white towels and bedding, an extra pillow if you wanted one. Beds were very comfy. Food was very fresh and plentiful but perhaps limited in choice. I would advise that if you are taking children then the food might not be best suited for them. The eating area was small but also has a outside area for you to eat and also every few days they had a lunchtime BBQ here. The food was very spanish style included lots of fish and salads, also melon and plenty of fruit is available. Fresh coffee and juice and even cava served for breakfast. Soups were amazing all freshly prepared. The drinks were of a good quality and didnt seem watered down at all. Self serve drinks from pool bar during day but had to queue to get beer or spirits. Evenings the main bar inside was very good and also served cocktails. Spinning bar - well didnt even need to have a drink to feel tipsy if you sat here for long. Very strange feeling and it also brought on a headache. Hotel staff were pleasant and friendly.Pool lovely and clean plenty of beds and other seating areas during the daytime and evenings, although very few ashtrays provided.There is a jacuzzi and sauna on site but I believe there is a small charge for this, also diving school on site, tennis courts and lessons but charges apply. You can also have a fish pedicure for 9.50e. We didnt see too many children here mainly older clientel perhaps this is why it was a bit quieter for time of year, there was also alot of spanish guests and a good mix of brits. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for peace and quiet and a relaxing holiday close to all things. if you get a bit bored with the hotel entertainment then Just outside the hotel entrance there is a pub op called La vida (Tues nights they do ska music) they also had a mods night playing The Who etc) also around the corner from there is an irish bar called The Shamrock, although a bit pricey we had a great time in these bars.
Trip to Fuerteventura via Last minute were worth every penny, we had a wonderful time. Booking company picks you up from outside hotel and drops you back. We paid 44e each for full day. We had already been to Lanzarote last year and would recommend trips to the volcanoes via this company, you can go to the market with them for 4e return. Love the resort of Costa Teguise we would like to come back again next year as we loved every minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise