Myself and friends are all celebrating significant birthdays this year and decided that a break in Lanzarote and in particular Costa Teguise would be the place to go and we were not disappointed.
The hotel Be Live Grand Playa Teguise is all inclusive and it was my first experience of all inclusiveness (if that's the correct phrase) I must admit I found it a pleasant experience not having to carry cash around with me all the time.
On to the hotel, as you can imagine it's big, very big, 6 floors, although they are all are very accessible (lots of lifts). The room I was in had a balcony as do all I believe and the view was just lovely.
The rooms are most definitely in need of a refresh though and In particular the bathrooms. The bath is round which I kind of liked, but was quite old looking and a tad stained with age although not dirty. The shower could be replaced too. It has to be said whilst both the bath and the shower were older and in need of an upgrade they worked well and the water had the best temperature control mechanism I've ever used, correct temperature immediately (I didn't spend ten mins trying to get it right, what a joy).
There were rather a lot of broken tiles around the bath and the whole lot needed replacing really. The chambermaids do a great job with what they have.
There was a broken wall hair dryer that was replaced on the first day,
In keeping with the time of year it was rather chilly in the evenings and one thin blanket on the bed was not sufficient as well as only one pillow, they were quick to give you more when asked though.
The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful although sometimes not as knowledgeable of local attractions as you would have thought ( I found that quite odd really but not problematic)
The food areas are vast as you can imagine and again clean and ordered with nice waiting staff. The food is inoffensive and hearty. There is a wide variety of choice catering mainly for European taste (particularly German & English) whilst not being set alight by the choice I never went hungry and never felt cheated by the choices of food I had already paid for.
One down side is there was no tea and coffee after breakfast service, not good for a tea total English women...... Ah well!!!
They need to look at there evening entertainment a little more it was all a bit mediocre and in some cases quite bad..
Pools good and clean, sports facilities a little tired but usable, spa, not so good, they need to sort out the plaster that is coming off the wall near the sauna-steam room, not pleasant
Overall though a lovely experience, I would go again and I would also recommend it as long as the management sort out a good refresh which it needs now, I appreciate in a hotel this size that would take quite along time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise