Hotel Grand Teguise Playa
Occidental Lanzarote Mar(Costa Teguise)
US$199
US$138
Santa Rosa(Costa Teguise)
US$68
  • Pool
El Guarapo Apartments(Costa Teguise)
US$90
US$87
Hotels.com
US$182
Priceline
Occidental Lanzarote Playa(Costa Teguise)
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$134
US$104
  • Restaurant
Oceano Apartments(Costa Teguise)(Great Value!)
US$66
Nazaret Apartamentos(Costa Teguise)
US$120
TripAdvisor
3,530 results
All reviewsrevolving barsea viewanimation teampool areasuperior roombar staffplenty of sunbedsgreat holidayevening entertainmentsmall beachplenty of choicesalt waterhalf boardbars and restaurantsmain barfantastic hotelper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Myself & my 8 year old son stayed here for a week from the 15th - 22nd of June , our 1st impressions were good & I was quiet happy with the facilities in the main bar & pool area , our room wasn't up to standard though , the shower was the worst I have ever expierienced , it was like being showered by razors ! And it went from boiling hot to freezing cold constantly , my son refused to use it so I had to bath him every night which took forever .The air conditioner leaked water into the floor & I nearly cracked my neck the 1st night trying to get to the bathroom and slipped , I told hotel staff twice about these issues but they remained the same throughout the holiday . Food was lovely and lots of choice , lots of sun beds and large pool area , very windy spot though & you would need to be very aware of sun burn with small children (only a few other kids there on our week which was disappointing for my son ) I had no major issues with this hotel but it's **** star rating is a bit rich , 3 star is more appropriate , we stayed in a 3 star in Malaga last year that was much better , proper hair dryers and kettle in rooms , I know these are small complaints but the shower put me off as I would shower twice a day in the sun and it was not possible here .

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Audie888
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Audie,
It gives me great sadness to read your comments due to the fact we could not detect your discomfort and solve your problems.
I must say that the property is planning to reform no longer that this year.
Air conditioning leaking is a random and exceptional situation that occurs when condensation increase at certain periods of year on warm summer. Im really sorry about this and it hurts me not having met you and hear about them personally .
Nevertheless we take good note of your dislikes, and considered your comments very valuable, as our main concern is to offer the best service to our guests. Be sure your comments had arrived to the right place. I apologize for every disconformity you may have. I’m sure you will contrast them with the friendliness and passion for service of the majority of our staff.
Best regards,
Laura Diaz – Deputy Manageress

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family (mum, dad and 6 year old son) stayed here for a week in October 2013. We love the modern feel about the hotel. The food and drink selection was great, particularly impressed with the snack bar by the pool, which had food available all day. Entertainment was also very good and varied. We also took the opportunity to get some family pictures from the on-site photography group. These were quite pricey, especially as we wanted all the pictures!! Staff at the hotel were also very friendly. The hotel is also conveniently close to the airport, which is ideal when travelling with young children. The only negative as many other comments have posted, is the lack of sunbeds around the pool.

To sum up, we loved this hotel. We have booked to return this October. Looking forward to it already!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheFusyOne
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with the hotel and its facilities.
Regards,
Laura Diaz - Deputy Manageress

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Be Live Grand Teguise Playa on an All Inclusive basis from the 12th - 19th of June. We are a late 20s/early 30s couple who were looking for a quiet and relaxing break. Overall I think the hotel was very good - it looks impressive, has a fantastic location - not far from the airport (about a half hour transfer with all the stops), right at the beach with wonderful views, a good pool, clean rooms and offers good food. We had room 530 which had fantastic views of the pools and the ocean and our balcony got the sun from mid morning to about 6pmish.

Pool Area/Pool Bar

I thought the pools were lovely - very big and cleaned most days it seemed. There were lots of sun loungers but lots of people were reserving them which was annoying considering there are signs up stating that people are not allowed to reserve prior to 9am. I felt more parasols are required as there were not enough. I was surprised at the lack of people using the pools but this was a good thing as it meant I could spend a fair bit of time swimming without too many people splashing around. The pool area seemed clean enough, there are some broken tiles which might result in you hurting your foot if you're not watching. Other than that I found the pool area pleasant and enjoyed the pools very much.

The pool bar, served drinks and also had food available - things like sandwiches, filled croissants, muffins and fruit. Again, there was a bit of a lack of knowing what was available with regard to drinks. You can help yourself to ice, water and various soft drinks and on the other side of the pool bar there is a hot drinks machine for coffee/tea. Also, over at the side there is a fridge filled with little tubs of ice cream to help yourself to but it was rather hidden away so I'm not sure if many knew about it.

Away from the pool there are chairs and tables which I believe must be the designated smoking area because lots of people were smoking here. There is also a covered area just as you come out of the hotel with comfy seats which were nice for relaxing on with a book when you were fed up with the sun. Here, there are non smoking signs all over the place but you had people smoking there anyway.

Restaurant
I enjoyed the food in the restaurant and thought there was lots to choose from.

Breakfast had everything with meats/cheese/bread/pastries to full cooked breakfasts to pancakes and churros to cereal, fruit and yoghurt. There are coffee machines and fruit juice machines. You can even help yourself to a glass of bubbly with your breakfast!

Lunch had a good selection of food from salads to main courses and lots to choose from. They also have a barbecue outside from 1pm cooking a few items. On the days we checked it out they were doing things like kebabs, pork, chicken breast, fish, fajitas etc along with various sauces to accompany them.

Dinner, as with lunch, there was always lots to choose from and they had various theme nights during the week including; Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Mexican and Canarian and we really enjoyed the Chinese and Italian nights. There are chefs there of an evening cooking roasts for carvery and various other items such as prawns or fish. Away from this there was always a very good salad selection, pasta and rice dishes, vegetables, potatoes, meats and fish to choose from. As an ex vegetarian I noted there were vegetarian options but I felt, if you're not big into your salads, you might feel a bit limited in your vegetarian choices. I also thought there were some items which could easily have been vegetarian but they were not marked out as such so it would be worth finding out to increase your choices. Some dishes were also marked as being the children’s option and it was usually pasta or a rice dish. The desserts in the hotel were very good - lots of tasty little cakes, ice cream, flavoured mousse, fruits etc along with various toppings available.

At lunch and in the evening you could order drinks from the waiters with wines, sangria, beer, water, sparkling water and bottled drinks such as Pepsi and Kas all available. I had their red wine one night which was nice and I enjoyed their sangria too.

Bar/Entertainment

The bar area looks a little dated but it has comfortable seats. It has the novelty of a rotating floor on a part of the seating area around the bar.. There is a pond here with lots of fish in it and I felt rather sorry for them as, whilst nice to look at, I'm not sure they'll enjoy the loud evening entertainment. There is also a very large fish in that pond which is too big and it should be in a pond with deeper water. I felt that it was difficult to get a seat where you were able to see the entertainment properly as there were pillars in the way. In saying that, this was no great loss as I found the entertainment to be rather poor. One good act was Tanzania which were worth looking at. Others included what was basically a song killing covers band, a pop opera act, a guy and a woman doing the robot and then some acrobatics and other nights we gave up and went out off to The Square which was a much nicer place to go sit.

The bar had a full selection of drinks but it was difficult to know on All Inclusive, what you were entitled to get. There were menus but these were few and far between and we were halfway through our holiday before I saw one. The menu also didn't seem to list everything. Cocktails were out of a machine which wasn't exactly spectacular. On the information sheet from reception it said there was a guy who could do award winning cocktails for you but I didn't see these being made and even if I could have got one, I wouldn't have known what to ask for so it seemed there was a lack of information there. The bar staff were very busy all night and it felt like they could do with a few more staff. There is table service too but they had 1 guy going around everyone so even if he got to you, it was unlikely you'd see him again so it was a case of getting your own drinks. We mainly drank the Dorada beer available on All Inclusive which was drinkable enough but I think it has a fairly low alcohol content as it had no effect on us at all. I also had a non branded equivalent of a Bailey's one night which was nice.

I’d also recommend venturing out of the hotel and checking out The Square, which is a lovely little square of restaurants and bars with live music often on in evenings and a little market on in the evenings on Wednesdays and Fridays - it had a great atmosphere, fab restaurants and places doing fancy cocktails. It’s located just a few blocks up from the hotel. I must say, if I'd have been able to buy a big fancy cocktail in a fancy glass with sparklers and umbrellas in the hotel I wouldn't have went out and spent the money elsewhere.

There are some areas that I think could be improved to bring the hotel up to expected 4 star quality:
- The hotel needs to be better maintained and refurbished in some areas e.g. broken tiles, the bedding had holes in it, more electrical sockets required in rooms.
- There should be more information about what is available in the hotel made readily available as if you don‘t know, then you won‘t know to ask about it.
- More parasols by the pool are required.
- If there are rules they should be enforced, such as; smoking/long trousers/sunbed reserving.
- Staff could improve on their customer service skills as we didn't find them overly friendly or helpful as expected of a 4 star hotel.
- We also felt that the bar and waiting staff were understaffed which meant they struggled to cope.
- Entertainment could be improved, aside from Tanzania, it was really rather poor and not worth watching.

My only complaint to the hotel is the fish and the birds - I think it’s cruel to have fish there with such loud noises going on from the evening entertainment and there’s a big one in there that is too big for the pond and requires deeper water.
Also, the caged birds at the pool - I felt really sorry for them shut up in a big cage like that and it’s not like they are even in a location where you can get a good look at them, it seems cruel to have them cooped up in there just for the sunbathers to have some bird noises in the background.

I'm not sure if I would return to Lanzarote again as it seems a long flight to get to a place which essentially has nothing aside from tourism and volcanoes - the place is rather desolate. If I want a beach sun holiday there are places that are closer for the same price. If I were to return to Lanzarote I would only come back to this hotel if I got it for a cheaper price. However, we did have a good, relaxing, stay and I would recommend the place to others.

Room Tip: Room 530 had great views and had sun most of the day when it mattered.
7  Thank Lorrs_McD

Dear Lorrs,
Thanks for your comment, it hurts me not having met you and hear about them personally, believe me we do a great human effort to listen to our customers. I take note of all the comments that can help us to improve but they are a few tipps I would want to clear for the guest that will visit us in the future.
Tipp 1 - The Cocktail Show bar is located one side of the main Bar open from 20:00 until 21:45 Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Signs showed at Pool Bar Animation Information Panel and the one near Buffet.
Tipp 2- Any of the birds and fishes of the hotel were expressly bought for decoration. Maybe at the beginning of hotel it was so, but not now. Those birds at the hotel all come from animal protection associations, or some staff from the hotel who donate them, they were leaving previously in small cages and the fact of been exotic animal make impossible their freedom in a strange ecosystem. Fishes are the same origin; big fish was brought for a friend of one member of staff who was thinking in getting rid of it because it was too big, that´s why we accepted this. We know it is not the ideal solution but they have been leaving here for 4 year now and look happy and healthy.
Tipp 3 – Smoking rules in Spain establish covered areas are not smoking areas; you could smoke on uncovered areas that’s the case of sits around Pool Bar. No smoking signs as well signs as prohibition for towel reserving and recommendation of dress code displayed.
Tipp 4. – If you are vegetarian please contact our buffet staff, although we have vegetarian offer on buffet, we will please you with some other plates of your choice.
Tipp 5 – Bar and Restaurant Menus are available at Bar and Restaurant.
Nevertheless thank you for mentioning that our services were correct and satisfying. I hope next time you come to meet you and greet you personally.
Best regards,
Laura Diaz – Deputy Manageress

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for a week from 8th to 15th June.

The lobby area is absolutely stunning, never seen a better one. Loved the plants and the fishpond
What some reviewers say is true, the rooms are a little shabby but spotlessly clean, we had a huge superking size bed, very comfortable and with a great view from room 429. The ladies are busy cleaning all day long, the whole hotel is spotless. Safety deposit box available for 2.20 euros a day which is reasonable. free air conditioning which was both quiet and efficient.
If a couple of cracked tiles are going to spoil your holiday, pay a lot more and go somewhere else. We paid less than £500 each for all inclusive which was great value.

The food was excellent, we thought and we are fussy eaters, plenty of variety, good quality and hot or cold depending on what you had! We never had to queue for a table. Meal times:
Breakfast 7.30 - 10.30am
lunch 13.00-15.00
Dinner 19.00-22.00
Chef cooked fried eggs, pancakes and toasted ham and cheese sarnies at breakfast. Also scrambled eggs, omlettes, bacon etc as you would expect.
Always a good variety of food for lunch and dinner, plenty of fish, we had huge prawns cooked in front of you, mussels, squid etc. not your British meat and two veg but a good selection of vegetarian dishes too.

Pool area well kept with plenty of sunbeds. A few more umbrellas would be useful. The pool bar was open all day with drinks and snacks. Pool temp 24C.
Open a gate and you are at the beach with golden sand and rocks, ideal for children. We snorkelled every day and fed the multitude of fish. At bit cold tho, sea temp 19C. You can hire wetsuits from the dive centre attached to the hotel.

Guests were mainly British or German and tended to be older. not a hotel for the 18-30 crowd.

There is a book exchange but mostly German books and mags whilst we were there.
There is a separate TV room to watch the football but we could get it on the TV in our room.....with German commentary.

Downside:
We had wanted to hire a kettle and had requested one by email but there were none available. if this is important to you, take a travel one.
I stupidly left my wetsuit top on the sun lounger and it vanished so do keep a close eye on your belongings.

Would we return to Lanzarote again? Not sure. But if we did I would certainly return to this hotel, the best AI we have experienced.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. You may have to pay an extra 10 euros per night but cheaper than Thomas Cook are demanding! There are a very very small number of rooms without sea view, I think one on each floor .
5  Thank susanliang
TeguiseGM, Deputy Mangeress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear family!
Has been fantastic reading your comments!. Thanks for writing in such detail!.
Thank you for everything and do not hesitate to contact us if you come again to our hotel.
If you come we will try to do all our bests in order to you to enjoy your holidays!!
Thanks again!
Yours
Laura Diaz - Deputy Mangeress

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the 3rd time at this hotel arrived home yesterday lovely hotel great food great location the staff work so hard rooms cleaned every day all rooms have sae view no extra charge plenty of sun beds people did go down early to put towels on beds but there was plenty food was great loved the breakfast .the grand teguise hotel is the best hotel I've stayed in so nice and clean we hope to go back in September for the 4 th time great hotel

Room Tip: All room have sea views higher the floor better view
5  Thank Debbie P
TeguiseGM, Deputy Mangeress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear guests;
it is a pleasure to know that you had a good time with us. Your nice review is our best present .If you come again please make us know!
Hoping to see you soon.