Having read the reviews here before booking, we knew to expect some dated decor and that wasn't really an issue. The hotel is very well kept, clean and tidy.
Our room was a decent size and even on the first floor we had a great view across the 3 pools and to the beautiful beach and cove.
I have to echo another review about the shower being awful. We used a pin to unblock some of the blocked water jets which made it a bit better, but with a dodgy shower head it was like a pressure hose on sunburnt skin!
The entertainment was very loud and could be clearly heard in the rooms even with both doors closed, however we were rarely in bed before midnight so this wasn't too much of a problem.
I read some reviews here about rude staff, but we found everyone very helpful and friendly, from the waiters to the cleaners and bar staff. The bar staff coped very well under pressure and always greeted you with a friendly "hola". The waiter knew our drink order before the end of the week and always had it prepared at our table for each meal.
The food was lovely, great selection and variety; always something for everyone and we loved the themed nights. The outside grills were good too, but not always the fastest and queues built up quickly.
I also was surprised one night to see people having to queue up to enter the restaurant as there isn't enough tables for all the guests in one sitting.
I was a bit apprehensive of the salt water swimming pools, but they were great as the salt made it very easy to float and relax in the water.
Plenty of sun loungers, but not many moveable umbrellas to provide any shade, and many of the loungers weren't easily capable of adjusting their position.
It was nice to have a fridge in the room, but the electrics only worked when the room key was in the slot, so you couldn't really leave anything on when you were out of the room, and when in the room plug points were needed for hair driers, charging phones etc.
I was disappointed there was no bottled water, but it was easy enough to take drinks up to our room from the bar.
Cocktail nights were great! But the other cocktails from the machine tasted powder like and weren't the nicest.
The activities were good fun and well attended, however some of the animation team didn't always seem as enthusiastic to promote them as I've seen elsewhere. If you didnt know where to go at the right time you'd probably miss out. Many people turned up late to join in each day because of this.
Overall, a lovely holiday in a lovely resort. I would definitely go to this hotel again, but hope the planned upgrades are completed before our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Onthebeach, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise