Myself, my husband and our little boy (14m) stayed in the hotel in the middle of May. Overall it was good place... Positives: close to the beach, amazing ocean view from most of the bedrooms, food restaurant was great so everyone could find something to accommodate their taste. I would say it should be more sea food on a daily basis but we are sea food lovers and we have expected more of it especially from the Spanish hotel. Bar snack where rather poor quality but we didn't bother to much as after the breakfast and lunch it was not much space to eat more:) also we have stayed on the 4th floor so it was really quiet which we really appreciated it.
Negatives: room decor is rather poor but again we didn't think about that to much as most of the day we were out. Bathroom really needs updating! Cracks on the tiles almost everywhere, grouting in such poor state, really disappointing from 4* hotel. Cleanliness... If it would be me I would send housekeeper for the additional training... In bathroom I found few hairs probably after previous guests, floor in our room wasn't clean every day, etc. I am working myself in the hospitality business so I was pretty much prepare that I will need to clean in myself. I haven't reported to the reception this issue as I do not want to spoil our holiday from the beginning. However, housekeeper was really, really friendly. Reception: check in was rather cold, receptionist was not to much friendly, definitely she has got lack of interest of the first impression. Check out was bad as we have requested late check and than when trouble began. We had late flight and with little baby we have decided that we would like to have late check out as it is really difficult to hang around with little ones in the hotel lobby without baby cot and having a place where to prepare baby food, etc. travel agent from the beginning ensure us that it wouldn't be a problem but we have to pay which we wouldn't mind at all. Reception 2 days before our departure informed me that hotel is fully booked so they cannot meet our request. Being in the hotel business I know that is better to check such information so I found out that hotel wasn't fully booked, moreover they were selling all the rooms cheap so it's mean that they have plenty left. After sharing this information with reception team they have insisted that hotel is still fully booked but they will put us in the waiting list and they will let us know on the day of departure. Eventually we have checked out at 2.00 pm rather than 12.00. Really disappointing that reception staff was lying about that. So if you are travelling with toddlers and you might need late check out do not book this hotel because the reception team doesn't really understand what family friendly means.
Anyway, I want to say special thank you for the male restaurant staff. Especially big thank you for: Sami, Mohammed, Ahmed and Jesus. They made us feel so welcome, they had a time to stop by our table and smile to our son and have a bit if conversation with us. Always smiling, friendly despite how busy the we're. Big thank you.
Overall, we did enjoy it but we came with positive attitude. If we come back to this hotel...? No....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Onthebeach, Odigeo, LoveHolidays and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise