“Overall relaxing stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand Teguise Playa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Grand Teguise Playa
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Overall relaxing stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Myself, my husband and our little boy (14m) stayed in the hotel in the middle of May. Overall it was good place... Positives: close to the beach, amazing ocean view from most of the bedrooms, food restaurant was great so everyone could find something to accommodate their taste. I would say it should be more sea food on a daily basis but we are sea food lovers and we have expected more of it especially from the Spanish hotel. Bar snack where rather poor quality but we didn't bother to much as after the breakfast and lunch it was not much space to eat more:) also we have stayed on the 4th floor so it was really quiet which we really appreciated it.
Negatives: room decor is rather poor but again we didn't think about that to much as most of the day we were out. Bathroom really needs updating! Cracks on the tiles almost everywhere, grouting in such poor state, really disappointing from 4* hotel. Cleanliness... If it would be me I would send housekeeper for the additional training... In bathroom I found few hairs probably after previous guests, floor in our room wasn't clean every day, etc. I am working myself in the hospitality business so I was pretty much prepare that I will need to clean in myself. I haven't reported to the reception this issue as I do not want to spoil our holiday from the beginning. However, housekeeper was really, really friendly. Reception: check in was rather cold, receptionist was not to much friendly, definitely she has got lack of interest of the first impression. Check out was bad as we have requested late check and than when trouble began. We had late flight and with little baby we have decided that we would like to have late check out as it is really difficult to hang around with little ones in the hotel lobby without baby cot and having a place where to prepare baby food, etc. travel agent from the beginning ensure us that it wouldn't be a problem but we have to pay which we wouldn't mind at all. Reception 2 days before our departure informed me that hotel is fully booked so they cannot meet our request. Being in the hotel business I know that is better to check such information so I found out that hotel wasn't fully booked, moreover they were selling all the rooms cheap so it's mean that they have plenty left. After sharing this information with reception team they have insisted that hotel is still fully booked but they will put us in the waiting list and they will let us know on the day of departure. Eventually we have checked out at 2.00 pm rather than 12.00. Really disappointing that reception staff was lying about that. So if you are travelling with toddlers and you might need late check out do not book this hotel because the reception team doesn't really understand what family friendly means.
Anyway, I want to say special thank you for the male restaurant staff. Especially big thank you for: Sami, Mohammed, Ahmed and Jesus. They made us feel so welcome, they had a time to stop by our table and smile to our son and have a bit if conversation with us. Always smiling, friendly despite how busy the we're. Big thank you.

Overall, we did enjoy it but we came with positive attitude. If we come back to this hotel...? No....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maggs4911
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageresses at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear family!
Thanks for your comment .
I´m so sorry about your little issue of check out. There are certain moments in which we have to decide if leaving the rooms for late checkout will not interfere with new coming guest, which also arrive tired from flights and want their rooms. It is such a difficult thing to decide.
I must confirm the hotel has been fully booked since eastern, with high demand on late checkout due to our main operator at the moment is jet2 and they have very late flights.
Thanks again for taking your precious time to write your post.
With our best wishes
Laura Diaz - Deputy Manageresses

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,109)
  • Polish first
glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Grand Teguise Playa for a week at the end of June.

We stayed in a first floor bedroom overlooking the pool. Had beautiful views of the beach and sea. Room pretty basic and would welcome upgrading especially as its a 4 star hotel. Hairdryer absolutely rubbish so advise taking your own. Air conditioning also extremely poor and there is no tea making facilities which is a shame. Maids worked extremely hard every day and kept the room immaculate.

Food was okay, they tried to vary it and there was always something tasty at dinner. We really missed have a good pool bar where you could get snack likes toasties, burgers and chips. The poolside bar only provided with rubbish looking sandwiches, fruit and some cakes.
Because of the lack of the good pool side food you had to go and sit in the restaurant at lunch which was a bit annoying.

Staff were mostly very pleasant but very hard working, perhaps this is why some of them looked pretty miserable.

The animation team were very hard working and fun. My son and his friend took part in the various activities during the day and had a great time.
The evening entertainment was very poor and disappointing. The most fun nights were when the staff provided the entertainment with games and audience participation.

The location of the hotel could not be better. Immediately in front of a lovely beach which you could access through a private locked gate. You only had to leave the front door and you were surrounded by bars, shops and cafes.

We highly recommend you do a tour of the island. Was very interesting and lots of fun

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
10 Thank jengajedi
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
Restaurant is aside pool, and we have a wonderful barbecue there, a terrace facing the sea. and inner area with air conditioner. It´s the right place to have a happy and pleasant lunch plenty of options, not only toasties, burguer and chips.
I will assure you that your comments have been sent to our animation staff, and it’s in their effort and dedication that we are able to achieve customer satisfaction.
Thanks
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've just got back from a week alone at this hotel and I wasn't lonely once. The atmosphere was relaxing during the day and lively at night. The animation team joined me in with fun activities. They were very enthusiastic and threw their heart and soul into everything. I got to meet some amazing people. All the staff were helpful and I can't fault them. The room was basically decorated but immaculately clean with a wonderful view. The food was outstanding and varied. There were several people in wheelchairs and the hotel and resort catered for this beautifully. I paid attention to this as I have a disabled child. I would however like to see a hotel of this size adapt a few rooms to shower areas only which would accommodate anyone finding it difficult to get in a bath.I would bring my whole family back to this hotel if there were such rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
4 Thank Karen H
Dear friend and guest,
Thanks for expressing your opinion to other travelers, I hope it is of interest to them.
New renovated rooms will have a walk in shower. Hope you enhoy this next time.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon back,
We'll be waiting for you!
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for a week from 23-30 June and Hotel was superb from start to finish. As a family of 5 we emailed the hotel in advance to request 6th floor rooms and were allocated rooms 607/608 which were also interconnecting and an absolute bonus. The views were amazing and sun on the balconies all day long right up till after 6.

Food was amazing for all inclusive, best we've ever had apart from Lara Beach in Turkey and I am absolutely astounded at some of the negative comments some people have made with regards to the food in this hotel. The plates were always hot as well, and so much choice available. Could make more use of the outside snack bar at lunchtime though serving hot snacks as well - though as lunch was from 1 -3pm not really a huge issue.

Staff in the dining room were really hardworking and friendly and a big thanks to Sammi, Abdul and Rudolpho who looked after us all really well and knew our drinks order by heart! The staff in the bar at night also worked incredibly hard too - drinks were great in the all inclusive, even the cocktails and 3 times a week there is another bar set up serving special cocktails by a cocktail waiter.

Yes, the rooms are a bit dated as other guests have mentioned but the air-con worked great in our rooms, had no issues with the showers, water always hot and were spotlessly cleaned every day by the very hardworking cleaners. Not many plug points in the bedrooms but we always take an extra 4-point adapter anyway to charge our mobile phones/devices etc.

Wi-Fi is only free for 30 mins a day at reception but you can buy unlimited access for 25 euro a week for one device which my 3 teenagers did as unable to live without the outside world.

Location is excellent, right next to the beach and there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants just across the road from the hotel and 2 min walk from the main square at night. Would most definitely go back and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. All the staff we came across are a credit to this hotel.

Room Tip: 607/608 were excellent rooms and views were amazing - not all rooms have sea views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Ann J
Dear Ann,
Thank you very much for your comment that fills us with hope ! .
We will gladly share you praise with our team who works so passionately and dedicated to make our guests’ stay a memorable one.
Thank you on behalf of the 100 families who do Teguise Playa
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just back from 10 nights a/l family of 4 2 adults and 2 teenagers 18 and 14.Three main gripes
1. No hot food during the day other a/l hotels have burgers and chips etc during the day , the only food available was from a small cabinet with the odd sandwich and cakes, Felt a bit cheated being a/l.
2. Food in restaurant not always to our liking kids menu in particular very poor no normal fare like pizza or chicken nuggets or burgers . We are all plain eaters and if you have kids who are the same they will struggle.
3. Both pools salt water and absolutely freezing even at 4 pm with the sun shining on them all day. I think they can heat the pools probably off season but in my opinion they should be heated all the time. I never counted more than 5 or 6 people in the pools at any one time .

Apart from the gripes room was fine great view over pools and sea and bar area inside very relaxing .Staff were fine and work very hard and also reception very helpful. Entertainment for teenagers non existent on the Sat night during the break by the group outside the animation team got the teenagers up for a dance which was great shame it only happened once out of our 10 nights
Holiday got better as the days went on but could have been better although a relaxing break

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank billy T
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manager at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Billy,
We sincerely strive to make every stay at Be Live Grand Teguise Playa wonderful and we are deeply sorry that we were unable to fulfill this. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to directly speak with you and I am truly sorry for the shortcomings you have mentioned.

In the hotel we have two outdoor pools. One of them is heated. The heat is produced using the heat recovery system of hotel air conditioning system that is permanently switched on (which is the only system allowed by Lanzarote regulation). Pools are outdoors near the sea, exposed to strong winds and sky fully covered happened in summer mornings. On this weather conditions the heat could not compensate the extremely high loose of warm during the night, and temperature sensation, mainly in the morning could be misleading.

The next time you come not hesitate to contact me, I am always available to my guests and will be happy to greet you in person. Be assured that I will follow up on all your comments.
Sincerely
Laura Diaz - Deputy Manager
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed in June for a week. This was our 4th visit and will be going back again in November. Ground floor room had some sea view - room clean and comfortable but dated décor. Staff very friendly and attentive. Andres in the bar made our frequent bar visits enjoyable in the evenings. Shops are only the other side of the road from the hotel and great to walk round in the evening.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors to get a good sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank markcc75
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Mark,
I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with the hotel and its facilities. I am very sure that your review will help other traveller’s a lot to get to know the Be Live Grand Teguise Playa.
It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in our hotel. Rest assured that we will share your lovely comment with our team that is always dedicated to provide our guests with a memorable stay.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this great review of your stay with us in July 2014.
We'll be waiting for you!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

originally booked into the Be Live Lanzarote Resort but due to over booking was transferred here.
on check in we was advised that the room that we had been allocated had no balcony and that we would get a sea view room with balcony the following day at 1400 hrs
the room we was allocated was a joke it was in complete darkness and when you opened the blackout curtains you was in full view of street side parking..( i have seen less exposed rooms in Amsterdam) we complained that as we had been transferred from a more expensive hotel this was not good enough but was given the it's not our fault spill its the other hotel you need speak to

to their word at 1400 the following day we allocated a room on the 4th floor this room had excellent views of the sea and pools. the room was clean and comfortable but the bath room was very dated and well used although there was always ample hot water

the food was was ok and well cooked but sometimes the choice was limited compared with other Spanish hotels that we have stayed in

the hotel is in a good location overlooking the sea and there are shops, bars and restaurants just outside in you need a change of scenery

Room Tip: rooms without a balcony face the main street and give no privacy the rooms on the high floors giv...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank carl h
Dear Carl,
Sorry about the inconviniences with the hotel transfer. Unfortunately this was an unexpected booking and we gave to you the only room available.
Furthermore we are glad that our team could find a quick solution and that your new room was to your satisfaction. Please allow me to mention that reception was really concern about your and your husband during all your stay.
The experience of our customers and their needs are our best help to improve; therefore we take good note of your comments hoping to satisfy you next time.
Regards,