“Excellent relaxing holiday”

Hotel Grand Teguise Playa
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at The Be Live Grand Teguise Playa in June 2014 for 7 days as a sole traveller. As expected from reading previous Tripadvisor reports my room was "tired" but this was the only negative thing I could find.
I stayed on the All Inclusive basis and found the choice and quality of the food excellent. The restaurant staff were efficient and happy to help. The red wine I had at dinner was served in a carafe and meant that you did not need to ask for a second glass :)
I had no problems getting a sun bed but I am an early riser and spent most of the day soaking up the glorious sunshine.
The sea view from the bedroom was fantastic and sipping a drink on the balcony after dinner was a very pleasant way to end the day.
In all I had a great holiday and I am currently planning to return there next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Graham F
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear guest
It is a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay at our Be Live Grand Teguise Playa **** and we wish to thank you for your kind words about our staff and service.
We truly hope to welcome you back on a future occasion and remain, until then, with our best wishes.
Laura Diaz - Deputy Manageress

Write a ReviewReviews (3,372)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

LOCATION - In a great spot in this lovely resort. Cove beach right outside the hotel,Las Cucharas beach just round the coast, Bars restaurants and of course the square all with in easy reach.

ROOMS- Yes they could do with updating but they have everything you need and very clean. Personally I would rather wake up to the sound and sight of the blue sea from our balcony, than have an ultra modern room overlooking a back street!!

FOOD- Brilliant for 2 weeks tasty,lots of choice and constantly refilled. All the staff work so hard in the restaurant. My 12yr old daughter is a Coeliac was very well catered for on arrival we informed the restaurant manager, he was so helpful and my daughter could order anything and they would do it. In the morning they would toast her bread on a separate toaster and bring her a selection of gluten free biscuits and cakes-she loved them. Thank you so much.

Entertainment/sunbeds- We went as a family of 6 and we always got 6 sunbeds together. I think they had some more beds delivered the 2nd week as there was a lot more the 2nd week. We had our breakfast at around 9.30 and you could still easily find beds.
Francisco and the entertainment team did a great job, although I was lazy and did none of the activities, my 18 year old son did lots of them including football volley ball water polo e.t.c We didn't see any of the evening entertainment as we went out, the WFI was not good in the hotel.

MY 1 GRIPE- In the restaurant at the carving section they also had the chips,Canarian pots and veg at the same place. Now sometimes this could have quite a queue, but went down really quickly, Sometimes I didn't want what was been offered on the carvery, but did want some Canarian Potatoes, and had to join the end of the line and wait while people handed their plate to the chef to have meat carved for them. I tried to go in front of people who waiting for meat and explained I just wanted potatoes, but got moaned and tutted at by people who thought I was trying to push in. In my opinion the chips and potatoes would be better place with the other hot buffet and not near the carving station. Also happened at breakfast when I just wanted an egg and had to wait behind people slowly pouring maple syrup over their pancakes - again it would much more sense to have the pancakes, syrups and chocolate sauce at the end after the eggs, not before them.

After all that it was a fabulous holiday, would go back in a flash. Lovely food service and very relaxing. Would love to come back. Thank you Be live Grand Teguise Playa

8  Thank beeftom

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this great review of your stay with us in August 2014.
We are pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and everything was up to your liking. Your kind words are highly appreciated and the team will be proud to hear that they could contribute to the positive experience that your stay has been.
Once again we wish to thank you for review and hope to get the opportunity to be your host again in the future.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week from 03rd August. On arrival at 1pm we were informed the room wouldn't be ready until 3pm but that the restaurant was open for lunch. The receptionist was welcoming and gave a good initial impression of the hotel.
The room we were allocated on the 2nd floor had a nice sea view. Yes without question we have stayed in better rooms but I believe a renovation is to be undertaken soon. It was more than adequate for the week we were there though.
The pools were saltwater and although cold, were clean and refreshing. Ball games, inflatables were allowed to be used which for myself and my son was a massive plus.
Sunbeds were fine, as with any holiday you do need to get up pretty early to secure one but this is standard no matter where you travel to. Although the best positions are taken early there seemed to be enough for all guests.
The pool bar staff were very efficient. Sandwiches were offered if you preferred to eat by the pool rather than venturing inside and were very nice.
The animation team were excellent and offered a good choice of activities throughout the day.
The beach was just outside the back of the hotel through a gate and made a nice change from the pool.
All the meals offered at the hotel were first class. I can honestly say that this was the best food I've encountered on any holiday and I've been on a lot to numerous countries. I never felt the urge to eat out which for me is a first even on all inclusive.
The bar on the evening was also very efficient with no queuing for any length of time. Yes the furniture in the bar area is looking worn and does need replacing but as with the bedrooms I believe this will be underway soon.
I didn't stay in on the evening to watch the entertainment so can't comment here.
The hotel is in a perfect location with bars and restaurants in abundance a short walk away.
Wifi is available for 30 minutes at no charge at reception which was enough for my needs. Any more than this then a fee will be charged. Again other hotels (Tenerife) offer unlimited Wifi free of charge but this isn't something that would put me off.
My only tip/negative for management would be to look at the situation regarding umbrellas. The wind in lanzarote is quite intense and on numerous occasions I saw umbrellas fall on guests and on one occasion I saw one physically fly through the air!! This could cause quite a nasty accident. Some umbrellas are screwed into the ground and are fine but the plastic ones need to be also.
All in all we had a lovely holiday and would definitely return. I would love to go back after the refurbishments and see the transformation as this is an excellent hotel which I would recommend highly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Davidg99
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear guest,
It is a pleasure to hear that you felt that all your needs were fulfilled and that you especially enjoyed our gastronomic offerings and entertainment. As a family hotel we truly appreciate your comment about our facilities and services catering to the needs of each guests. It is lovely to learn that your whole family spent an enjoyable within our premises.
Tipp Only in august is so windy in Lanzarote, in September the wind stop until january, nevertheless we take good note of your comment.
Again, thank you for this great review and we are all looking forward to your return!
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were concerned with some of the negative reviews . We did feel the age of the Hotel and decor but still had a very enjoyable stay.
The rooms were fine. Bathroom showing wear. Storage good. Balcony and view from floor 6 great. Beds firm. Maids average. We did feel the floor could of been better cleaned, kept our flip flops on at all times. Air con a bit weak but we left the patio door undone a little for air and the sound of the sea which suited us. We used the safe .
We could hear the lifts `ping` and motion which awoke us first couple of mornings. But we then slept through , otherwise I would of asked to move rooms. Just a couple of nights we had noisy neighbours banging doors and talking loudly, but on holiday this is expected.
Food was very good at all times. always something I looked forward to eating. Waiters very busy, but did very well at getting drinks to the table without having to wait to long at lunch and dinner.
All staff seemed happy in their work. Reception staff may not have the bouncy attitude of the animation team, but helped us efficiently with our contact.
The entertainment in house the usual with great professional shows. We saw sat down and y standing on the next floors balcony.
Queues were acceptable. Deeper at the bar in the eve , but more staff then kept the flow .
We always found 3 sunbeds with a shade option . Not maybe the `Best` seats , but we were happy. We did not really use the pool as they were cold. Youngsters seemed to cope, but not for me.
The beach area was good.
The local area great.
Went on trips with` Last minute`, office up the road.
WIFI not good. Let us down badly on an important email. Had contact with Hotel who explained this is not within their control. Just be aware if you too need good communication when you are away.
Will more than likely come back once the Refurb has taken place.

Room Tip: I wouldnt like to be on the far right overlooking the sea. Not a very nice view of the `docks` that...
7  Thank feedmeSouthampton

Dear guest,
Thank you for share your comments about the Be Live Grand Teguise Playa.
They will help other guest to know us, and are very helpful to improve our service.
All our staff works very hard every day for offer our guests a luxury and unforgettable experience and that’s our main objective.
We truly appreciate your nice words and hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We returned a few days ago after enjoying 10 days here in room 604. Now a few gripes. Do not pay for Wifi as it isn't worth it. You get half hour free in the foyer which you could use every 24hrs. Take a kettle if you enjoy a cup o tea in your room as for tea drinkers the facilities are lacking. The showers are on mixer taps and not thermostatically controlled so the temperature can vary a lot during a shower. The restaurant needs efficient air conditioning so the waiters don't look sweaty but they work amazingly hard. My worst gripe is the confusing dress code for dinner. MEN have to wear trousers if they want to wear sandals. If MEN wear shorts they have to wear at least canvas shoes like the ones I had to buy locally. Children or women can wear anything. Lady in reception told me ' Its what they wear in Spain'. I've been to Spanish resorts quite a few times but not come across this before. I found the mattress too hard for me.
Now the pluses. The hotel, pool areas and rooms very clean, particularly the rooms. There were plenty of sunbeds by the pool although you still get the selfish reserving of beds. There is a rule not to do this but is not enforced. The Animation team are excellent and encourage all ages to get involved. Poolside music to suit all tastes and not too loud most of the time. The reception crew were very helpful and efficient. The restaurant serves up plenty of food to suit most palates. The evening entertainment is ok with a variation of acts during the week.
The location is excellent!! The yellow sandy beach is literally a one minute walk from the hotel back gate. There are a lot of shops nearby and a Spar supermarket across the road where men can get their English papers.
All in all a good place to holiday, just needs some improvement here and there. I would love to go back again.

Room Tip: Levels 5 & 6 best for views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank les m

Dear friend and guest,
Thanks again for taking your precious time to write your post. Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with the hotel and its facilities. I am very sure that your review will help other travellers a lot to get to knowour hotel.
We operate a minimum, nonrestrictive dress code at the restaurant only at dinner time, where sleeveless, flip flops and bath shorts are prohibited. To walk in the Restaurant at bare foot at any time of the day is also forbidden for health and safety reasons. We understand that in Lanzarote the weather is warm and we allowed shorts if you wear them with shoes. We were never thinking in bothering guest with this rule; it is in fact a demand of many guests that like us considered that is a pleasure to dress just for dinner. Table clothes, tissue napkins, drink service at table; music and dress code contribute to make the most important meal of the day in something memorable and different.
We will be waiting for you and your family with open arms, for another great stay in Lanzarote. With warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our first visit to this hotel and I would recommend to all. The location is possibly the best in costa teguise if you want to be in the centre. The facilities are good and the staff work hard. The rooms are dated but functional (hotel is currently refurbishing them). Most rooms have a sea view, the higher floor "deluxe rooms" cost more although the rooms are identical to the 1st floor standard rooms, if you want more space book a suite.
Wifi can be purchased from reception but it can be very expensive for families as it is charged per device per day, in a 4 star hotel I would expect it to be included as many people like to keep up with their social media. When its working you can get 30 minutes free per day in the loby/reception area.
The all inclusive food in this hotel is great and in 2 weeks we never struggled to make a meal, there's plenty of variety and lots of different salads if you wish to have something lighter to eat. The dining room seems small for the number of guests, however we rarely had to queue more than a few minutes at busy times. They have an outdoor grill 3 times per week at lunchtime where it varies from fish, BBQ kebab skewers, chops, fajitas and other meats. Our 8 year old son also ate well over the 2 weeks, they provide a children's menu for the fussier kids too. It was good that we never saw burgers & fast food, which meant that he always ate a balanced meal.
Entertainment team work hard to include everyone and it is there if you want to take part, they are not too pushy but they offer a large variety of sports and games during the day, they include football, volleyball, mini golf, tennis, basketball, shooting, water polo, pool tables and many poolside games. Evening entertainment is made up of some outside acts and entertainment team offering different audience participation shows. The evening entertainment can be a bit poor however the rotating bar area is a bit of a talking point. The all inclusive spirits are generous measures although they are cheap brands.
If you feel like going out for a drink, "Casa Jesus" can be found across the road from the hotel on the upper floor. Beer is 2.25 euros per pint and is served in frozen glasses! they also bring free snacks, crisps, nuts and popcorn which keeps everyone happy, we were even given chicken wings on a couple of occasions whilst also using their free WiFi. its a great place to sit in the late afternoon sun and do a little "people watching".
For those not wanting to leave the pool area there are plenty of sunbeds, we even saw around 50 extra beds being delivered on our second week. The british mentality is that we get up early to reserve beds, some were out sunbathing at 7am, however we noted that even at 10am there were still beds available.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel when you take price and facilities into account it is good value for money. Finally I feel that once the rooms are all updated the hotel may choose to increase the price (lets hope not)!

Room Tip: Most rooms are sea view, however deluxe rooms are on higher floors (you pay a lot more for them) alt...
11  Thank Sean P
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Sean,
Thanks for your extensive and intensive review!, we can appoint you as the Grand Teguise Playa Ambassador!!! This encourages us to keep trying to improve and give our best to our customers. We are still working on WIFI improvements althout in other comments i explain that there is not easy because conectivity in the island is poor and suppliers for this services limited.
Thank you so much for your kind words and for highlighting the service of our friendly staff that is working hard every day to ensure that our guests enjoy a carefree stay. Be assured that your special mentions will be shared with the relevant team members! It is wonderful to hear that they were able to make your holiday a more comfortable one through their attentive service and friendliness.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again in our hotel , or in one of our Be Live and Luabay hotels in more than 30 hotels in 5 different countries.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having stopped in their sister hotel in May we decided to try this hotel purely due to its location as we were travelling with elderly parents. Yes we had reviewed the review sand we were expecting it to be tired and dated but this is what we found:
Staff - friendly and worked very hard
Restaurant - food acceptable, abit more variety maybe no pasta station and a little small for the amount of guests, maybe more staff at the egg station only one cook doing everything long queues.
Pool area - kept clean, but not enough sunbeds gone by 8am, pool floor coming sway from the floor. 60 sunbeds arrived on our last day.
Bar area - very dated and plants dusty but staff very efficient.
Rooms - again very dated and tired but kept clean.
Entertainment - the usual hotel shows, with the animation team thinking we were in Ibiza some days with music blasting!!
4 star rating - presently no only a 3*

Refurb we are informed is due Sept time???, would we return yes but only when refurb has taken place.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better view
6  Thank oultonj1
TeguiseGM, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are very pleased to inform you that this fall we wil undertake stepwise changes of furniture and decoration in the areas of Reception, Restaurant, night Bar and Pool Bar. Also top floors will be renovated.
We already have new sunbeds, umbrellas , new machines on the gym, Restaurant have change it´s decoration, floor of the pool show it´s old splendour now.
Thanks’ again for your post; we keep working for improving our standard to achieve guest satisfaction which is our main aim.
Hoping to have the privilege to be your host again in the near future, we remain
Yours sincerely,

#10 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#29 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Hotel Grand Teguise Playa? Share your experiences!