“A nice break”

Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“A nice break”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We arrived at 11 pm at night , we had a welcome supper provided , a sand which drink apple and a snack .
Next day we found ants in our bed I'm mean riddled , off to reception we went , with bags in tow . We had a frosty response , no rooms available etc etc , then the lovely receptionist stepped in , we were given a new room , thank goodness for mrs nice receptionist ' mrs sour receptionist , looked even more sour .
We had a great 4 day stay there, food is ok , bit repetitive , but isn't that always the case.
We were all inclusive , no complaints we paid for what we expected. All staff were friendly , rooms were clean, and food ok .
All in all you get what you pay for , and we did . So if you're in the ground floor room number 114 , check the beds as the ants have taken over .
This hotel is a good 20 minute walk from the lively area and beach , so I came home 5 pound lighter with all that exercise .
Have a good time . We did , keep an open mind , we got a great deal and I loved lanzarote

Room Tip: Upstairs away from the ants
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Victoria C
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear
Victoria C,

We are appreciate your comments. Apologize for problems that have happened in your room.

Each week throughout the hotel is fumigated for any type of insect. We also found a subtropial climatWe do fumigations every two weeks in all the resort, and follow a control about this. However, sometimes and due to the gardens and the tropical weather that we have in the Canaries, this kind of insects appears, but not in big quantities. We apologize because of this, but it is something that sometimes is uncontrollable.
Thanks for stay with us and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Don't hecitate contact us on future If you want to come again,

Best Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is exactly what I expected, a lot of negative reviews from people makes me think they are expecting too much for the star rating and money they pay, I normally go 4 or 5 star but not usually in the summer holidays, so to keep the costs down I had to make a sacrifice, quality or location , I chose to lower the quality on the basis I could have a lot of local amenities, the hotel is simply no frills , you get a basic 3* hotel, from everything I've seen it's clean, they regularly Hoover and clean the pool, my 1 bed apartment was plenty big for 4 people yet me and my partner had it to ourselves , pool view over the quieter size of the pool away from the pool bar which often has a few drunk loud mouths til early hours but it's a holiday so who cares, the food is basic and not much choice but again you get what you pay for , we occasionally are out to break it up abit and you get get a banging breakfast at the lighthouse restaurant at the nearest seafront which has tons of restaurant and souvenirs shops and a lovely beach, walking isn't an issue if you know what your doing and use the back gate, takes the 15 min walk down to 10 mins. Or get a cab for €2.50 and if they take you to fund grube (a shop that seems to like sponsoring for advertising a pretty good one to be honest) you will be in the heart of everything . Overall I'm happy with what I paid for , I got a cheap holiday for £500 a head in the summer holidays all inclusive for 10 nights and made use of the local area as well as the hotels pool and I'm more than happy, if you want better pay more

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Stevop84
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Stevop84,

We very appreciate you feedback.
Thank you very much for yours good comments and we are glad that you had a good holiday with us.

Best regards and happy summer.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Visit early July 2014. First entry into the hotel was met by a not so welcoming receptionist. After 2 weeks we found 1 out of the 3 was lovely and very helpful. The room was ok but not clean. Hairs in the bath room and food on the sofa bed. After a whizz round with surface wipes it was good. The sofa bed needed a o level to suss out, we asked reception and was advised by grumpy number 1 " the man had gone home"???? The rest of the staff bar and restaurant were lovely, Franklyn and Sandra especially. The pool area needs more arrention to a lifeguard, the one on duty was busy doing other jobs and rarely appeared, nice chap though. They need more staff at the bar and pool bar to stay open after 6pm would help. The queues were interesting sometimes especially with thoughs who do not know how to queue!!!
If larger lager drinks were served, all inclusive, this would reduce them. Many blokes were carrying 3 plastic cups each time. Otherwise spirits were served as trebles. The animcion team need a good boot, naomi was lovely but the bloke had the most boring voice. More attention to personality needed. Bingo every day, aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!. Now you have a chance to request tunes, super but, and I do enjoy the tune!!! The French national anthem, please. More emphasis needs to be put on whats going to be played. Try turning the lights down and people will enjoy. At 11pm you have notice to leave at 11.30 when all is turned off. At 10.45pm guess how long the bar queue is.
The food is nice, ok with decent choice. On the evening meals hot drinks are not available.
If you have small kids the walk to town can be tough, taxis are cheap though. Just down the road there is a great cafe bar called Breakfast, the food and coffee is awesome.
In town plenty of bars and restaurants, suit all budgets. There is a square with bars galore, great night too. The show girl bar near by is a must judt for a laugh!!. Bars on the front are more expensive than back in town. If you are not all inc the supermarket s are cheap too.
The town is kept spotless, people are lovely and no pressure to go in shops. The beaches are great, 3 or so to choose from.
Toured the island by hire car, 3 days £55, micra. It is a must. Visit cesar manriques house in lava rocks at Tahiche. Volcanos at Timanfaya, Teguise old town, Mirador to see the island of La Graciosa. Puerto del Carmen is great, Playa Blanca super, jump on the ferry to Corralejo. I will be back but not Blue Sea. I was soldnit as 4 star, its 3.

2 Thank scwaggle
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear scwaggle,

First of all thank you very much for your feedback, always very important for us.
Most importantly, I am happy you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you so much for your comments about the staff. I share yours comments to them.

Best Regards.
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Ok after reading all the reviews on here I thought whole cow. What I had I booked. So you can image my happiness to find out there was no railhead and the reception staff telling us to have a shower. So we had a great reception except my Daughter was only 17 and would not be 18 till half way through the holiday was given a child wrist band(well my life was going to be hell) then to be told that the 2 bedroom apart was not available and had to have 2 x1 bedroom apartments.
Then I informed the receptionist you are saying she is a child and has to go in a separate room with no connecting door or balcony! she smiled then I informed here she must be joking with us. As booked a 2 bedroom I wanted one. she gave me a compensation form to sign as she had offered me 2 rooms and I had refused. I did ask what compensation to which I received another smile.
So after sat poolside for over 3 hours in our traveling clothes I was hoping she had offered us a shower.
We did get a room and was clean and basic what was expected. However we DID have 4 spoons and knives and forks so saved me a photo there. yes there are some cracked tiles but the insects need places to live as well. Housekeeping is working flat out I have to say that as they missed our apartment a couple of times. causing me to go visit my receptionist to receive and other smile.
Then we had the meals ok not steak and chips every night well was chips! As with all hotels they have a rotation of menu and chefs! Yes you could see the difference when they changed. Would love to go back in a few week/Months to see if they have passed there cooking courses.
The Bar staff work really hard and try to help all the time. There was a few incidents where the staff had a different idea of the level of service they were paid to give! But a quick visit to reception, Smile then bar staff change all great again in paradise.
Ok here is the area that is so woeful. the group of 3 entertainer work with the most unmaintained and worn out equipment you can find. I found them very pleasant but with no real night programme except bingo ( which was go to learn numbers in 3 languages).
overall I had a fun time if only to boost Anglo-French relations Remember it is your holiday you make it what you want. AND NO we will not be returning here which will raise another BIG smile from reception

2 Thank Charlie D
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our Blue Sea Costa Tegusie Gardens hotel with other Tripadvisor reviewers.
We do apologize if you did not succeed your expectations. Your opinion is very important for us, as we try our best to improve from it. We would like to have another opportunity to see you again at the our resort.

Your sincerely,

Best regards.

Lucía Kostina
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went here for a weeks holiday dreading it after reading the reviews, we were pleasantly surprised as our room was overlooking the pool it was clean and spacious and the towels were changed every other day, the only thing I would say was the all inclusive drink was not upto much and was served in small plastic cups but other than that it was fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Craig M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When reading the reviews for this hotel, my 3 friends and I (all between the ages of 18-20) were very sceptical and nervous about staying here for the week all inclusive. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised at the appearance of the hotel. The grounds around the apartments were very nice, with outdoor seating areas and shady areas The pool was nice and clean for the majority of our time there, and although it was hard to grab a sunbed at points, I don't have any complaints for that at all.

The reception staff tried to be as helpful as possible, all speaking English and trying very hard to understand our requests, especially when booking excursions. The bar staff were just as friendly, shout out to Hamza and Franklin, who made our stay that much better by creating some lovely cocktails for us and being so much fun!

In terms of the actual apartments, we stayed in Block A and although the balconys faced the road, we still had a lot of sun on them for the majority of the day. Apartments were spacious, although a little dirty. They could've done with being thoroughly cleaned before we entered. The air-con wasn't really air-con either, just a fan in the bedroom, but other than those 2 things, no other complaints.

The food was a bit repetitive and in an evening, there wouldn't be as much choice as we would've liked, however the food that was served was nice. It obviously wasn't 5star, but for what we paid for, it was good enough

Overall, I would recommend this place to people. It was advertised as a 4 star when we booked it, I wouldn't say it is that, bit definitely a 3 star. You get what you pay for and if you're looking for a cheap all inclusive hotel, this isn't a bad place to go. The only downside is that it is situated a way out from the main area of Costa Teguise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jmcd07
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We are not seasoned travellers so this was a special treat, all inclusive 10 day holiday. When we arrived we were told that our 2 bed roomed apartment that we booked was unavailable and that we were allocated 2, 1 bed room apartments that were beside each other. I naively presumed that they were connecting so signed the form that was produced. No welcome, no information, given our keys and on our way. However the apartment were separated by another apartment and neither sliding doors to the terrace locked (this was fixed by maintenance very quickly). The apartments were clean, well stocked with soap, shampoo etc. Sheets and towels changed every two days, could do with a little upgrading but by no means disgusting as i have seen in some comments. After first night in separate apartments I went to reception and told them i was not happy with the situation, I was basically told i had signed the form to say that i had agreed to the 1 beds so no change. Eventually after 5 days into the holiday we were given the 2 bed we had paid for. This apartment was lovely and had it own private staircase an a very large balcony (Block A Room 202, if anyone's interested). Lots of extras to pay for including...
Safe
Jacuzzi/sauna
Internet access €4 per hour
Print boarding passes €2 each

I'm sure there's more

The food was good and plenty of choice, however the kids were not mad on it. One of my biggest problems was with the staff, i found them very unwelcoming and at times quite rude. with the exception of Franklin & Hanzsam who worked in the bar, they were fab and made everybody feel special. The entertainment was very poor and hated the plastic cups in the bar. i can understand the need for these around the pool area. My other gripe is the location. Depending on what site you look at its between 600m-900m from the beach, yeah as the crow flies but unfortunately we cant fly. There is a free bus that leaves from the hotel at 10am,2pm & 6pm that bring you to the beach and picks up at the beach at 5 past the above times. However if you want to get a taxi its approx €3.50. My kids did have a great time but sure thats kids for you and my husband would be happy to return. Costa Teguise itself is a beautiful place and i would be happy to return but would choose a different resort. However i had talked to one family who had returned to this resort for the last 4 years and love it. We still had a great holiday but i reckon i could have got better and closer for what i paid. I suppose in the long run a holiday is what you make of it.

2 Thank Famous1972
Blue Sea H, Director de Recepción at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for yours full coments about our resort and your holiday.
We apologise for any inconvenients caused during your stay. Also nice to hear that you are enjoyed here with us.

You comments it's important for us; and we'll try to do all our best to improve it.

Hope see you again,

#27 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Tabaiba Centre Apartments
Tabaiba Centre Apartments
#28 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens? Share your experiences!