“sandra / dave”

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“sandra / dave”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

just back from 11 nights , excellent accommodation the room was very spacious with English channels too on tv if you wanted to watch them. room cleaned daily , stopped in block c food medioca but that's always to be expected but it was hot , all staff were friendly. entertainment was average watchable most nights. lots of lovely walking along the beach paths , enjoyed the whole experience we came back home 14 nov 2013, will return again at some point in time

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dmenorc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have very recently returned (yesterday) from a week long holiday, booked through Thomas Cook, with a friend a this hotel. Upon reading other guests reviews and complaints I have come to the conclusion that I am either easily pleased or others are very fussy!

Upon arrival we found the hotel to be very clean and the staff polite and friendly. The rooms are huge and very well kept. Myself and my friend did have one problem with the safe but one of the hotel staff sorted in within about twenty minutes, fantastic service!

I really enjoyed the food that was served, plenty of choice and fresh! Every evening there was a 'cooked in front of you' option which I really enjoyed. The staff in the dining area were brilliant. In my previous area of work I have worked with the public in a food/restaurant area and I know how fussy and miserable they (the general public) can be. However I found the staff to be polite, professional and efficient and all times.

The pool area was well kept and very short walking distance to the bar, as said in previous reviews the pool was cold. However I think this is the only negative I can think of.

Myself and my friend also visited the hotel spa, both having massages and facials. The two ladies that ran the spa were brilliant and the treatments were very reasonably priced. We also used the other spa facilities, which included: jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and ice showers. I would definitely recommend a visit!

The hotel is a short walk away (10 mins) to the main area of Costa Teguise. Really nice resort with some lovely bars, restaurants and shops. If you get chance I would recommend going to the Sunday market (the hotel organises a trip) or to the drag show (Thomas Cook organises a trip).

Overall myself and my friend enjoyed our week at Blue Bay and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kayleigh867
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just returned from first visit to Lanzarote, week for couple all inclusive. Previous reviews of hotel and facilities are accurate. Hotel and room very clean and found all staff hard working and pleasant. Our room was in block AB, 3rd floor very handy for restaurant and good views over pool area.
Pool area was spacious, never any issues with sun beds etc, expect might be little different in height of season. We found meals were very good with variety over the week, although did eat out on occasions mainly for change of venue. Only 15 minute stroll into Costa Teguise with plenty choice bars and restaurants.

Didn't really go for the entertainment, but the couple of times we did take look seemed pretty average as per other reviews.

In terms of extra costs, safe for room 25, wifi 20 euros / week. 10 euros to use to spa facilities, but hotel do give some introductory offers.

One days rain but weather good remainder of week... was last minute booking and decided not to book airport transfer, taxi queue can be long so would recommend booking in advance.

Room Tip: Block AB close to all facilities no noise from entertainment
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C S
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

went to bluebay21st-28th oct two adults, two teenage girls, one ten yr old, +baby.arrived mid afternoon, impressed with the appearance of the hotel,check in swift, staff helpful and polite., room 2nd floor A block, overlooking the pool.the room service did a good job cleaning.the pool area was spotless.the food choice was well presented, fresh and the theme nights were offered a good choice.all the staff made you feel at home friendly andpolite creating a very pleasant atmosphere.a short 15min stroll to the town with a pushchair was well worth it.ps the boy in the mankini made our week

Room Tip: does not look to have any rooms without a good veiw
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank stephen e
chichester
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Blue Bay. First visit to Lanzarote. Flight from Gatwick delayed arrived at Hotel around midnight. On arrival no food or drink available, luckily we had eaten on plane. Had to find own rooms, no lifts, and we were on top floor ( I know there are only two floors, but it was a hike!). However, rooms were excellent and we got what we requested - balcony, pool and sea view. Rooms spotlessly clean, kettle and bottle of water supplied along with tea/coffee but no milk! Food good choices -staff lovely and very helpful. Had to pay for pool towels and wifi. Evenings lack good entertainment but found good bars - Monica's and the Cavern. This hotel in my opinion needs a comfortable lounge area, but I would comment that it was spotlessly clean. We enjoyed our break but don't think we would return to this particular hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SueRut
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This was our first ever holiday all inclusive and although I'm not sure if its for me this place certainly was brilliant value for money.
The staff were excellent and the hotel was very good.
The maid visited the room every day except Saturday which was fantastic and the complex as a whole was kept very clean and tidy in testing windy conditions.
The food was varied and of a very decent standard. Theme nights give you a little different choices from time to time.
The only thing letting the place down was the entertainment. Has to go down as the worst we are ever encountered. The team tried hard but seem to have very limited resources at their disposal.
Our 13 year old son found the complex could seriously improve with say a proper games room with a few machines or games for a evening.
The only other gripe was having to pay 20 euros for a week of wifi for 1 individual device. Many places do this free as standard these days so 20 euros for the family would have been bad enough but 60 euros for 3 people was just crazy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank parsy72
scotland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having stayed here at the end of April 2012 for a week, I can report that this hotel was fine!, I think all hotels can be a bit of a hit and miss at times, with contributing factors such as when you travel, the staff who are on etc...

The apartment we were in was 212 I think, it was clean( and that's always my main concern) adequately equipped etc, tv is rotten , as is most of the hotels,with very little in the way of English channels!

They could do with a coupe, of slides in the pool, but the location was surprisingly good,with buses stopping go outside the hotel, I don't fancy driving over there!

Loads of shops on nearby and a few good places to eat just about a mile or so down the road.

We found the hotel staff helpful and pleasant , but not so Thomas Cook staff(hit and a miss!)

The best go karts to be found in San Bartolome where they pick you up at the front door of the hotel, I really can't praise Irene and her set up at the go karts enough!!..free transport to and from , very competitive prices, very fast go karts for dads and lad!!..we are of again there at the end of this month but will be staying in playa blanca this time around as they have a waterpark at the hotel there!!

But overall this hotel is just fine, the maid never mopped the floor often but they are really busy and they have my sympathy and appreciation...we always had clean towels , leave old ones in the bath and they know to change them!

Food was not to my taste and a bit repetitive , but it's very edible.

All in all...a good , clean hotel which I would recommend for sure.

Sorry that my travel date says December 2012...this is because the drop list does not go any further back, I should have rated it before but was too lazy!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family