BlueBay Lanzarote
Occidental Lanzarote Mar(Costa Teguise)
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Santa Rosa(Costa Teguise)
US$68
  • Pool
Occidental Lanzarote Playa(Costa Teguise)
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
El Guarapo Apartments(Costa Teguise)
US$90
  • Restaurant
Los Zocos Club Resort(Costa Teguise)
Celeste Apartments(Costa Teguise)
Mansion Nazaret(Costa Teguise)
2,954 results
All reviewsblue baysaladpool barblock bpool tilesself servicetoastiestiles missingtennis courtsgreat holidayon tapplenty of choiceevening entertainmentsoft drinksentertainment roomvealbbc world news
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Firstly I cannot believe some of the reviews I have read. I was not expecting too much upon arrival due to some of the reviews I had read.

We went for 2 weeks to just about cover the Christmas period. I was very impressed with the lovely reception area and the excellent check in we had with a very helpful receptionist. We went to our allocated room (I had emailed the hotel and requested a ground floor room in Block A - which is exactly what we got). The rooms are pretty big and it was great to have a sofa, table and chairs, a full size fridge, kettle etc. The bathroom is modern and the shower pretty good - we always had hot water. No bath but we prefer a shower anyway. The bedroom was a good size with a dressing table (no drawers or mirror but we did not find that a problem). I tended to do my hair and make up at the dining room table anyway and I always take a mirror away with me. The beds are firm and I was worried I would find them too hard or they may affect my back. In fact, my husband and I both slept very well and my usual "bad" back was considerably better sleeping on such a firm mattress. The two single beds do move around if you turn over etc but we just put some tissue paper under each leg and the problem was solved. The bed linen, towels etc were all very clean and pretty good quality. Even the pillows were soft. I asked for an extra 4 to be sent to the room, which we received in 5 minutes. We did have some very noisy people move in directly above us our last few days. Unfortunately they had absolutely no consideration for anybody else - walking around in heels all times of the early morning and late night ! People upstairs would not be a problem if everybody had a little more consideration for other people.

The hotel itself was always kept very clean - all the staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly. Reception staff were brilliant. You could order a taxi and it would be there in no more than 2 minutes. Just under 3 euros into town.

Now to the food - well I was not expecting such good food after reading the reviews. My husband and I normally book 4 star hotels, usually Thomson Gold, which are of a high standard. I can honestly say that the food was really good ! We were at the hotel for 2 weeks - we ate out twice so in 12 nights I had something different to eat every single night - never did I have the same thing twice. The problem with some people, I believe, is that they gorge on food and put a bit of "everything" on their plate each night hence being bored after 2 weeks. I ask myself whether they do this at home? I doubt it !! The meat quality was some of the best I have ever eated. Yes there is a lot of pork (my favourite) and a lack of beef but one night we had veal which was deliscious ! There is always fish as well. There were different kinds of potatoes each night, as well as chips, a huge salad bar, breads etc etc. There was nothing more you could want. The only thing I would say is that if you are a dessert lover (which I am not) there is not too much choice on that front ! I would have liked to have seen cheese and biscuites at the evening meal. However, you need to remember you are staying at a 3 star hotel and 3 star prices.

The bar area by the pool is excellent and you can help yourself to various types of coffee/tea/soft drinks/water/beer and there is cava as well if you ask. The food there wasnt to my liking being burgers etc and it was only luke warm but its great for the kids.

During the day there were various activites going on and we particularly liked the paella demonstration, the cocktail demo and the mojo sauce demo - very informative and the paella was the best I have ever tasted! There are also various other things going on but the animation team dont push you if you say no.

The only problem I found with the hotel were the loungers by the pool. It is very difficult to express just how hard and uncomfortable they are - it is difficult to believe how it is even possible to make a lounger so uncomfortable. Many people went out and bought lilos which helped ! It is also a shame that they are no cushions on the chairs in the bar area and the entertainment lounge but that is my only gripe really.

We did go to the entertainment some nights - it was fine - your "usual" hotel kind of thing - singers/magicians/parrot shows. Its something different to what you would do at home anyway. We always had a laugh and met some lovely people. We were surprised that there were not many children at the hotel really.

The hotel made Christmas Day lovely and they went to a lot of work making it a lovely day for everybody - grown ups as well as the children. Santa Claus even came to see us all at the pool and gave each child a present ! The gala dinner on the evening was one of the best I have ever been too (with the exception of a cruise ship). Hats off to all the staff for all their hard work !

We have already booked to go again this December - for 3 weeks this time which will cover Christmas and New Year. We have booked directly with the hotel and we just need to get flights. For what it has cost us - you would not event get B&B accommodation in a grotty B&B in the UK for that price !!!

Forget the other bad reviews - take it for what it is - it does what it says on the tin !! ENJOY !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ShellyDevon
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just back from a New year stay for 3... Felt I had to place a review, don't normally bother.
The staff are fantastic, nothing is any bother to them, always smiling with good humour.
Some of the staff have worked there in excess of 13 years, think that says it all.
The food..... I must be a stone heavier after 1 week! So much choice of excellent quality.
Fantastic room on top floor A307 sun from dawn till 5pm. Beds are hard & yes not comfortable, but you find this in most Canarian hotels. You can pay for a mattress topper... your choice.
Weather was fantastic... tanned & burnt lol.
I wouldn't hesitate about booking this hotel, the location is great, Teguise is a gorgeous resort.
I will definitely be back to the Bluebay, probably again this winter!
Big thanks to all at Bluebay from the Dimmick's :)

Room Tip: Blocks A, B, AB are excellent for sun & views, also good proximity to bar, restaurant etc. I emailed the hotel & asked for a high, sea, pool view with lots of sun... I got exactly that!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Captain-oogs
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Not one for writing reviews so this is short just back from our 2nd Xmas there which says it all seemingly I have to write 200 letters Xmas gala dinner was out of this world same as good as last year kitchen staff have every reason to be proud

Room Tip: E214 had sun in the morning
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 173brian
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We recently stayed in the Blubay Hotel and whilst we were there had a great time which ended on a sour note as I had my suitcase stolen from the hotel luggage room i am posting this review as a warning to other travellers and strongly advise that undo not leave your luggage unattended. To add insult to injury when I reported this to my insurance company I was informed that I needed to inform the police in lanzarote. As we had to catch the bus to the airport expected the hotel reception who were informed to have notified the authoroties as the theft had occured at their hotel! I telephoned the hotel on my return and e-mailed them twice to find out if the theft had been reported only to be advised that I needed to have telephoned the police before I left hotel with a chance off missing the flight home!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank lyndaneds
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just got back from a week break in the Sun; this hotel is very good; very clean and the food caters for everybody. Staff are very friendly and helpful and make you feel very welcome. The new year gala dinner was amazing and well worth 5 stars!!!. The kids club was great and they had a kiddies disco every evening; there is an option to buy UK TV if you are missing the news, soaps etc; they charge for towels and the safe. Pool was cold but once you were in you were ok; it is their winter after all. Beautiful beach about 15 mins walk away and there is a bus from the hotel if you don't want to walk.
Only criticism from us and would be the reason that we would not return is the beds; they are really uncomfortable and you woke every morning with aches and pains. This is a very good hotel for a 3 star but if they fixed the beds; provided the towels and safes for free .. (which would be a nice touch) it would be pretty perfect .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family