My wife and I went to BlueBay in Costa Teguise last November 2013 for a week. We tend to use all-inclusive resorts as she has limited mobility. We requested a ground floor room, not too far from the main facilities, and we were happy the room allocated to us.
Some people who have reviewed and said this isn't a 4 star, and it certainly isn't by UK or International standards, but then again I didn't expect it to be. Star ratings are very subjective, and vary greatly from country to country. A 3 star resort in the Greek Islands for example would not rate very highly compared to a 3 star hotel in England. There's nothing wrong with the Greek resort its just a comparison with other resorts in the area, and they reflect the local culture and lifestyle, so star ratings are often best ignored.
For the price we paid, we certainly had no cause to complain. The resort was always kept spotlessly clean and tidy, and the restaurant and bar staff very friendly and helpful. As soon as they saw my wife with her walking stick, they allocated us a table near to the buffet area so we didnt have to walk far to get our meals, and the table was aways kept available for us.
The bar staff, especially the two ladies whose names I sadly can't remember, were always fast and cheerful all the time.
The main bar can get a little crowded at times as the seating area isn't that big, but the crowd thinned out when some of the guests went to see the on-site entertainment in the evenings.
I can't comment on the entertainment because we never saw any, but i would iagine it's the typical all-inclusive stuff you find the world over.
The pool bar during the day was great, because if you wanted a beer, soft drink or tea / coffee then you just help yourself. i really liked this feature. The pool bar also served a buffet lunch of burgers, hot dogs, fries etc. and was fine.
The pool itself was clean and well maintained, but we didn't try it out after dipping a cautious toe in the water found it to be quite cold, but that's normal for the time of year.
There are loads of sunbeds, which makes a pleasant change from some resorts I have been to.
Our room was always clean and tidy. No real problems and it had air conditioning. It was comfortable and had all the basic necessities. It looked as if the bathroom / shower had recently been refurbished.
The food in the main restaurant was buffet style as you would expect. There was a reasonable selection available and it was always good, wholesome and piping hot. I agree however with some other comments that the desserts weren't that great.
The drinks are also self serve in the restaurant.
It was my wife's first time to Lanzarote and she really liked it and would like to return. It was my first visit since 1997 and I'm pleased to say Costa Teguise is much nicer now than it was then.
All in all, it's a nice little budget all-inclusive hotel with good staff and service in a sunny climate with lots of things to do and see. I would use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments just 300m from the beach at Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Ideal for family holidays full of sun, fun and sport on the fabulous Canary island. Ideal for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BlueBay Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Lanzarote Hotel Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Hotel
- BlueBay Lanzarote Costa Teguise